Draftnut57

Draftnut57 2019 Mock Draft

77 posts in this topic

These are the players I'd love for us to draft,, They are all projected to be available in each pick taken. I had to use 2 picks to trade up for my first pick.. I would rather use all our FA money on two really good OL and just draft this one in round 3. Just to make sure our OL is stout enough to take care of Ryan , if that happens,, and we was to have a draft like this one,, WE will go deep next year...Because these players in this draft will make a huge difference in our team.. We already have most players we need.. get this draft and a few vet OL,, and we'll be on our way back to a deep post season this coming fall. 

1. DT.  Rashan Gary......... Michigan........6.5, 285,,4.80,,,,, #14

2. DE. Jaylon Ferguson.... Louis Tech ....6,4. 260, 4.32,,,,, #45

3. OG. Chris Linstram ...... B.C................6,4, 310, 4.91,,,,, #79

4. DT. Austin Bryant .........Clemson........6,4, 310, 4.90,,,,,#111

5. SS, Isaiah Johnson...... .Houston........6,2, 207, 4.58,,,,#142

6. CB, Michael Jackson.... Miami............6,4, 205, 4.57,,,,#173 

7. FB, Alex Barnes............Kansas..........6,1, 225, 4.52,,,,#208

FalconsIn2020 and Libid21 like this

I did not get but one OG in this draft,, I felt like we need to get 2 sure fire Vet O# Lineman that we KNOW can keep Ryan off his buttock's . And keep Him healthy... I do however believe the OG is going to be one bad man on somebody's OL. I just hope its on ours.

VTCrunkler likes this

9 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

I’m not a huge Rashan Gary fan. I was into him last year but after seeing his college tape this year- he doesn’t look like he gives max effort. 

Well . obviously I am a fan of his and would love for us to draft him... He's a game changer..If we don't take him , I sure hope they grab the best DT they can ASAP in this draft.. Sure I like a lot of the others.. but I don't think they have the same peek that Rashan has... 

VTCrunkler likes this

Yeah, no to Gary. The rest of the draft looks pretty good, but I would stay put at 14 and use one of the extra picks on a tight end.

4 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Well . obviously I am a fan of his and would love for us to draft him... He's a game changer..If we don't take him , I sure hope they grab the best DT they can ASAP in this draft.. Sure I like a lot of the others.. but I don't think they have the same peek that Rashan has... 

I would rather double down on OL than DE but other than that your draft address lots of needs. 

Draftnut57 likes this

3 minutes ago, Drew4719 said:

Yeah, no to Gary. The rest of the draft looks pretty good, but I would stay put at 14 and use one of the extra picks on a tight end.

Well, it may be possible to only have to use one of those picks to trade up  to get Gary,, And if that's the case we'll still have one more pick.. I try to make Mocks as reallistic as possible..

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

We got 9 picks man where are the other 2?

I figured that it would take two to trade up in the top of the 1st to get Gary. I hope not,, if it only takes one , we'll have a pick to take either another OG or a TE. 

kiwifalcon likes this

This draft was in my mind made to take care of most of our needs except for our OL,, Yes ,, I think I have one good one in this draft.. But we need to pick up a couple of sure fire proven OL , to make sure Ryan is taken care of. So that was on purpose.. Intentional ... 

10 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

I have a bad feeling we may go BPA with our first pick. And it may be a CB or a LB. 

Please NO!! I sure hope not and I don't think we will ,, we should do like any smart team and take advantage of the strength of the Draft.. Get while the gettin's good. especially on the DL which is the strength of this draft. DT more than DE But still strong draft at DE but only through the first 4 rds. That's why I crabbed two... DEs can be game changers.. I'll take two please...:wiggle:

16 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

I would rather double down on OL than DE but other than that your draft address lots of needs. 

I do have us taking one really good OL, But to me we need to make sure that line is taken care of and we need to use all our FA money on the very best OL we can get.. hopefully two.. A OT and a OG ,, if we got this draft ,that's about all we'd have to get in FAcy. Which is a great thing... saves the team a lot of money at least in the long run. 

6 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

I have a bad feeling we may go BPA with our first pick. And it may be a CB or a LB. 

If we can somehow squeeze out a cheap deal for a guard or DT in free agency, then I would be fine with taking a corner or linebacker in the 1st and picking for needs in rounds 2-3. 

But at this point I do think TD and DQ will be all but forced to go DL or OL in the first. I feel pretty good about the draft because we have 9 picks when we’ve never had more than 6 the last three years. 

We’ve been so good at finding late round gems under Quinn, like Jarret, Campbell, and Kazee (Hardy, Schweitzer, Ito Smith and Olukun to a lesser extent), that I have to think we’ll be able to find at least one, if not two or three starting/rotational level players with 6 day three picks.

VTCrunkler and Stryka like this

27 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

I do have us taking one really good OL, But to me we need to make sure that line is taken care of and we need to use all our FA money on the very best OL we can get.. hopefully two.. A OT and a OG ,, if we got this draft ,that's about all we'd have to get in FAcy. Which is a great thing... saves the team a lot of money at least in the long run. 

I sure hope we get s good OL in FA

5c7f44fac67e0_Screenshot_20190305-164943_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.9687c49eaf74098d9e72964b72ad23ba.jpg

My most recent mock draft. I know there's an article about TD saying the Falcons can have wiggle room but I just don't see it. Yes they can cut more players, but they have to pay rookies, give Julio more, and have something left to sign players after injuries. The Falcons need a strong draft.

MD-FalconFan13 and Drew4719 like this

17 minutes ago, Drew4719 said:

If we can somehow squeeze out a cheap deal for a guard or DT in free agency, then I would be fine with taking a corner or linebacker in the 1st and picking for needs in rounds 2-3. 

But at this point I do think TD and DQ will be all but forced to go DL or OL in the first. I feel pretty good about the draft because we have 9 picks when we’ve never had more than 6 the last three years. 

We’ve been so good at finding late round gems under Quinn, like Jarret, Campbell, and Kazee (Hardy, Schweitzer, Ito Smith and Olukun to a lesser extent), that I have to think we’ll be able to find at least one, if not two or three starting/rotational level players with 6 day three picks.

So we need some draft luck again along with cap magic to boot. Good thing it’s a deep DT draft. 

Drew4719 likes this

4 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

So we need some draft luck again along with cap magic to boot. Good thing it’s a deep DT draft. 

How is it deep for DT? I hear that in the media and this board only.

8 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

Yes it is,, but when you get the best of the bunch of the best DT draft in History,, he should be an amazing player,, That's how I see  Rashan Gary who IMO can play inside or out. AAMOF ,, most of these players in this draft are some of the very top at their own positions.. I spent more time on this Mock than any other .. at least 4 times longer than making other Mocks. That's why I'm excited about it.. Sure ,, I'll be lucky if we draft one or two of them ,, But don't be shocked if we do. Pretty soon I need to post my Draft game we have every year.. " Pick 20 " Makes the draft a lot more fun to watch and enjoy. My favorite show of the year.. a few times since I became  a Draft fan,, I've gone and bought a new TV day before the draft... :mmmhmm:

VTCrunkler, Drew4719 and gazoo like this

8 hours ago, gtech1 said:

I like it, but no chance Lindstrom will be available in the 3rd.  :bang:

Lindstrom is ranked 79 , Look at Falcon Frenzies post  just 4 post above this one,, He has him in his draft showing where he was ranked... And that is the rankings I used.... Better check your rankings... WE right as of today ,, sure he may go up before the draft and some will rise and some will fall.. Thankfully ,, It's just a MOCK DRAFT ....  :munch:

From the little that I have read, I think that both Lindstrom and M. Jackson will go earlier than you have listed. 

Gary is a gifted athlete, but I wonder about his desire to be great.  Again, with little reading, my take away is that he is a streaky player. 

Ferguson is talented, but needs a lot of refinement.  Bryant and Johnson are nice picks. 

I like M Jackson a lot.  If he falls that far, I would take him in the 3rd round. 

I think you are on to something in respect to TDDQ looking for a versitily DL who can play both DT and DE. The like high motor all out effort guys though.

Draftnut57 likes this

6 hours ago, Knight of God said:

How is it deep for DT? I hear that in the media and this board only.

What I mean by deep is that the top end talent is pretty heavy and teams have other needs so good talent should be available to us rounds 3-5. That’s an assumption. I recall last year was also considered deep.