FalconsIn2012

Rumors Around The League

402 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Cole World said:

Here's something that will bake your noodle. Collins was only the #39 safety in football last year according to PFF. That contract is 100% reputation based, not due to on-field performance.

Drew4719, Malachore and jeffro2000 like this

2 hours ago, birdz4i said:

Report: Buccaneers agree to trade DeSean Jackson to Eagles

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have agreed to trade wide receiver DeSean Jackson to the Philadelphia Eagles, NFL Network reports.

NBC Sports Philadelphia’s Derrick Gunn reports that the Eagles sent a 2019 sixth-round pick and 2020 seventh-round pick to the Buccaneers in return for Jackson.

Jackson returns to Eagles

The deal marks a return to the Eagles for Jackson, who started his career in Philadelphia, where he spent six seasons and made three Pro Bowls. Then-Eagles coach Chip Kelly cut Jackson in 2014, leaving him to sign with the rival Washington Redskins as a free agent.

He spent three seasons in Washington and the last two with the Buccaneers after he signed a three-year, $33.5 million deal with Tampa Bay in 2017. He has one year and $10 million remaining on that contract.

DeSean Jackson is returning to Philadelphia, NFL Network reports. (Getty)

DeSean Jackson is returning to Philadelphia, NFL Network reports. (Getty)

Jackson, 32, remains one of the game’s premier deep-ball threats. He caught 41 passes for 774 yards and four touchdowns last season, averaging 18.9 yards per reception, a league-best for players who made at least 30 catches.

Bucs starter Jameis Winston struggled to make a connection with Jackson. Jackson averaged a career-low 13.4 yards per catch in 2017, when Winston started 13 games.

Jackson openly lobbied for Fitzpatrick in Tampa

Jackson’s yards-per-catch surged last season when Ryan Fitzpatrick played in eight games, leading Jackson to publicly support Fitzpatrick as the team’s quarterback. Winston is expected to be the starter next season under new head coach Bruce Arians.

The deal frees up $10 million in cap space for the Bucs, who were sitting on $3.5 million in cap space prior to the trade.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-buccaneers-trade-de-sean-jackson-to-eagles-210827079.html

Here in the Tampa area the radio guys say is that DJackson had no chemistry with Jamis. Good with Fitz, tho. He was a diva according to the radio guys.

2 minutes ago, Tim Mazetti said:

Here in the Tampa area the radio guys say is that DJackson had no chemistry with Jamis. Good with Fitz, tho. He was a diva according to the radio guys.

Jackson being a diva is something people knew back when he was a freshman at UCal...and maybe before that. The problem is with QB1 in Tampa, who just plain sucks but they don't want to admit.

4 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Dang. Just saw CBS reporting 4 years/$44M. I really wanted this guy, but having a hard time seeing him as an $11M/year player.

I've been around for a minute, so I know full well that free agency is always a little nuts, but the contracts being given out this year are just insane. Way more than normal.

6 minutes ago, jidady said:

Jackson being a diva is something people knew back when he was a freshman at UCal...and maybe before that. The problem is with QB1 in Tampa, who just plain sucks but they don't want to admit.

Jamis is good, my friend.

3 hours ago, stizz said:

Ebron was very inconsistent in Detroit and had a shaky relationship with the team so much that they sent out a one sentence release when they let him go.

After coming to Indy, Ebron did a post game show each week at the station I used to work at and told some of the guys he hated the lights in Detroit and that messed with his production. I don't think anyone saw him busting out the way he did last year.

Out of curiosity, which station?

1 minute ago, Tim Mazetti said:

Jamis is good, my friend.

I'm thrilled that he's the QB of a division opponent. Like, if it were up to me, he'd be with the Bucs for the next 10 years. That way, we'd never have to worry about them. 

Bigbenright likes this

Just now, stizz said:

WISH

Completely random question: do you know a Pete K who works radio there and owns a comic book store? He was a DJ/reporter for WNDE and does some stuff with WISH. I only ask because he's a good friend.

This FA period is the death of an era.

The salary cap needs to be at $250M when teams are signing guys like Funchess for $13M,Collins for $18M and Alexander for $13M. This market-driving is being used as a tactic to hurt other teams and it's beyond ridiculous.

8 hours ago, Stryka said:

Now can people stop complaining about Vic??? 

#1 we werent getting ANY of the top guys on the market. 

#2 I dont look at stats the way some of you so but he has more sacks than 2 guys who just got signed. 1 guy got 14 million and he has never been more than rotational player. Fowler. 

People need to stop complaining about Ryan Julio and Jarrett good god I’d  rather see our guys get overpaid than some of these bums that are getting money right now.

Posted (edited)

Looks like the Jets are about to waive Darren Lee. I wouldn’t mind drop giving them a late round pick. He is only making 1.8 million next year and he could be a nice fit in our defense as a WLB. I never thought he fit their 3-4 scheme. 

Edited by rbrick28

1 hour ago, jidady said:

Here's something that will bake your noodle. Collins was only the #39 safety in football last year according to PFF. That contract is 100% reputation based, not due to on-field performance.

Maybe NFL teams don't use a websites unknown algorithm to judge players worth lol 

13 minutes ago, CTann said:

Congrats on the new deal, and best of luck to you in Indy! 

Thanks! I'm gonna see if I can hold out and demand a trade to the Falcons. Made me for Trufant straight up.

CTann likes this

8 minutes ago, k-train said:

Thanks! I'm gonna see if I can hold out and demand a trade to the Falcons. Made me for Trufant straight up.

Are you capable of playing THE Michael Bennett role though? 

Just now, CTann said:

Are you capable of playing THE Michael Bennett role though? 

Yes, but only the bad Michael Bennett, not the good one.

Drew4719 and CTann like this

16 minutes ago, Dem Birds said:

Maybe NFL teams don't use a websites unknown algorithm to judge players worth lol 

Every NFL team pays PFF for their data, as does the NFL itself. So...

23 minutes ago, rbrick28 said:

Look like the Jets are about to waive Darren Lee. I would mind drop them a late round pick. He is only making 1.8 million next year and he could be a nice fit in our defense as a WLB. I never thought he fit there 3-4 scheme. 

That would be an interesting addition if It happens. 

5 minutes ago, jidady said:

Every NFL team pays PFF for their data, as does the NFL itself. So...

Mike Zimmer was quoted as calling it garbage, as had nearly every player or coach asked about it. But yeah they pay for it because if you don't you can't look at it. They checked out of curiosity just like everyone would. They're millionaires, shooting some money that way isn't ****.

12 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Mike Zimmer was quoted as calling it garbage

And Jeff Francouer used to say that if OBP was so important, they would put it up on the scoreboard. Data is data. Its value lies in an organization's ability to understand it. In the case of Landon Collins, the team that had him didn't think he was worth the franchise tag of slightly over $11 million. A different team just gave him $32 million guaranteed over the first two years alone. They really should have used the data or studied film or something. 

But even though he's wrong here, I do love Mike Zimmer. I always admired how he handled the Petrino nonsense.