Falconsin2012

Rumors Around The League

401 posts in this topic

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

Lawrence saying he won’t play for 2nd TAG and to make his point is refusing offseason shoulder surgery.  Seems odd, but whatever.

Grady for Lawrence straight up?

Whattttttt!?!?!? Lol

Dallas isnt trading a stud pass rusher to a team in NFC they wil likely have to battle in playoffs. 

You got a link for that?

1 minute ago, Stryka said:

Whattttttt!?!?!? Lol

Dallas isnt trading a stud pass rusher to a team in NFC they wil likely have to battle in playoffs. 

You got a link for that?

I posted a tweet yesterday saying that he said he's not going to report or have surgery without a long term deal.

3 minutes ago, Stryka said:

Whattttttt!?!?!? Lol

You got a link for that?

I mean, they’d get a stud interior defender in return.  About as fair as it gets

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

I mean, they’d get a stud interior defender in return.  About as fair as it gets

Yea but thats not how business works and nobody trades elite edge guys for interior defenders. Just doesn't happen. Not even either. Lawrence is more elite at DE than Grady is at DT. They make more money on edges. Id do it but they wont. Lol

53 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Thought this was a rumor thread- not conjecture.

You are breaking your own rule as the OP! :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, k-train said:

I'm having a really hard time following his logic behind that threat.

You know, make it public I'm hurting and so why would a team trade for me and my value on the tag will suck now DAL because you are gonna not get value out of me not signing and being hurt for UFA next offeason... so LET ME BE A FA!! because I want a cut of the UFA market rate pie?

Probably something convoluted and twisted like that. Baby crying to get out of jail to the point of self-harm.

In that sense...I get it. It's just ridiculous the NFL is at this point. and I don't agree with sabotaging yourself. For his sake, hope it's more a publicity level posturing.

53 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Wait...give me a long term deal and THEN I'll fix my shoulder?

:munch:

We need like a hostage video of DeMarcus Lawrence flanked by Jussie Smollet's trainers and each w/ hammers in their hands.   They send hostage live feed video to Jerry Jones - threatening to hammer those shoulders in 5 minutes if there is not a signed deal in place immediately!

Image result for funny hostage meme

Well news from out here in KC that will affect us.  The Chiefs are getting ready to "POSSIBLY" make Tyreek Hill the highest paid WR.  Somewhere Julio is smiling.

4 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Patriots not applying TAG to Flowers or Brown

Two replaceable talents. Malcolm Brown is solid. Flowers is solid. Neither are world beaters or overly rare. Flowers may be uncommon, but trading Chandler Jones freaked everyone out and the Pats kept winning. Stop being scared of the unknown. That's why the Pats win. Nothing else. Players are commodities. Prioritize the good ones and churn the others. 

7 minutes ago, vel said:

Two replaceable talents. Malcolm Brown is solid. Flowers is solid. Neither are world beaters or overly rare. Flowers may be uncommon, but trading Chandler Jones freaked everyone out and the Pats kept winning. Stop being scared of the unknown. That's why the Pats win. Nothing else. Players are commodities. Prioritize the good ones and churn the others. 

Trent Brown.  He made Donald & Suh his byotch all game

HASHBROWN3 and Stryka like this

5 minutes ago, vel said:

Do you think they’d pay Grady?  Honest question 

Do you think they’d pay Grady?  Honest question 

I think so. He's like Hightower is for them, a crucial glue guy who just does his job. Vic wouldn't have sniffed a dime though. Especially not with this draft class. Draft Brian Burns and keep your $13MM. 

Just now, vel said:

I think so. He's like Hightower is for them, a crucial glue guy who just does his job. Vic wouldn't have sniffed a dime though. Especially not with this draft class. Draft Brian Burns and keep your $13MM. 

They gonna trade Hightower this year cause he won’t take a paycut

And Bill hasn’t spent 17 mil on his entire DL in any year since he cut Wilfork.

5 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

They gonna trade Hightower this year cause he won’t take a paycut

And Bill hasn’t spent 17 mil on his entire DL in any year since he cut Wilfork.

You didn't ask if they'd keep him long lol. They paid Hightower. Now, they may not want to pay him much longer, but they did. 

He doesn't churn everybody. Early on, he prioritized defense. Remember, he had studs on that unit. Ty Law, Richard Seymour, Teddy Bruschi, Willie McGinest, Rodney Harrison. Majority of that starting defense was 3rd round picks or better. Since, he's switched to prioritizing protecting and weaponizing Brady, so his defenses have been less talented, but he's not uncomfortable constantly churning them and doing the heavy lifting by coaching. 

I think DQ is in a weird spot because he can let Vic and Grady walk and replace them, but if that's the precedent you set, replacing Debo and Neal are much harder in my opinion. But they're still commodities and you have to find which ones you value more than the others. A train conductor values coal a lot higher than a diamond while a jeweler is the opposite. Neither is wrong.