Inoffensive Display Name

Chiefs Willing to Trade Ford for a 2nd Round Pick?

38 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Question - is Dimi still that smart or did he get lucky?

He made some smart trades. His drafts and free agency acquisitions were shaky overall.

7 minutes ago, Dutty Ole Bird said:

This is the worst year to make a trade. There's tons of talent in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounds. If anything we should be trading our first round and move down.

You seem to be convinced a rookie will come in and perform at the level an experienced vet we can acquire via trade would. Pretty low odds of that happening.

10 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

He made some smart trades. His drafts and free agency acquisitions were shaky overall.

His drafts were shaky? Maybe a player or 2 was shaky. J. Collins and R. Hageman were elite talents. They produced in spurts. Jalen makes me mad because he was going to be a good CB in this league. He just didnt stay out of trouble. Hageman didnt want to work hard....when he did he could dominate a series. Shame. 

5 minutes ago, Stryka said:

His drafts were shaky? Maybe a player or 2 was shaky. J. Collins and R. Hageman were elite talents. They produced in spurts. Jalen makes me mad because he was going to be a good CB in this league. He just didnt stay out of trouble. Hageman didnt want to work hard....when he did he could dominate a series. Shame. 

Bro he's drafted 80 or more players. Go look at them.

49 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Bro he's drafted 80 or more players. Go look at them.

I have. I can probably name 40 starters he drafted off top of my head. From Ryan, Lofton, S. Baker, Chevis Jackson to Julio, Harry Douglas, S. Weatherspoon, T. Decoud, Willy Mo. 

Like I could probably name MORE than 40 starters and not just 1 yr starters from the draft. Lets not even mention UDFA like Schrader, Grimes and Poole who became good players. 

2015 draft? 4 starters. And we got Hardy as well. 2016 draft? 4 starters.

Lets end the crap about TD not drafting well. He may not draft the players we want and yes the trenches havents been strong for us but overall qe have been drafting great. Thats why we now are in a debacle trying to keep our own stars and budding stars. 

12 minutes ago, Stryka said:

I have. I can probably name 40 starters he drafted off top of my head. From Ryan, Lofton, S. Baker, Chevis Jackson to Julio, Harry Douglas, S. Weatherspoon, T. Decoud, Willy Mo. 

Like I could probably name MORE than 40 starters and not just 1 yr starters from the draft. Lets not even mention UDFA like Schrader, Grimes and Poole who became good players. 

2015 draft? 4 starters. And we got Hardy as well. 2016 draft? 4 starters.

Lets end the crap about TD not drafting well. He may not draft the players we want and yes the trenches havents been strong for us but overall qe have been drafting great. Thats why we now are in a debacle trying to keep our own stars and budding stars. 

Sackmaker Baker, King Konz, Reynolds Wrap, Puddin, Jelly, Chevis Regal, Crisp Owens, My Johnson, Akeem The Dream Dent, Dezman Southward, Prince Shemble, RaShede Haggleman, Dook Riley, Jailin Collins, Swipester and many others started games. They didn't play worth a dam bro. Those weren't really good picks. He's drafted one decent OLineman in eleven years and needed the sixth overall pick to draft him. We're still hurting for OLinemen. He spent first round picks on DEs like Beasley and Takk who have been questionable at times.Yet you think he's a draft guru? OK.

3 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

You seem to be convinced a rookie will come in and perform at the level an experienced vet we can acquire via trade would. Pretty low odds of that happening.

Yes this year is chockfull of plug and play starters. Lindstrom, Jenkins, Cody Ford, Oliver, Greedy Williams, Montez Sweat, Burns etc..

5 hours ago, Dutty Ole Bird said:

Yes this year is chockfull of plug and play starters. Lindstrom, Jenkins, Cody Ford, Oliver, Greedy Williams, Montez Sweat, Burns etc..

Several of em have question marks coming in. Every year there are usually only a handful of rookies that come into the league and play at a high level on day one without struggle. Out of 256 draft picks. They are usually first rounders, mostly drafted in the top 10. Just look at the rookie year of our last four first round picks Ridley, Takk, Neal and Beasley. All of em struggled in year one. Counting on rooks to fill gaping holes is a dangerous game. The draft should be used more as a long term roster building strategy.

3 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Several of em have question marks coming in. Every year there are usually only a handful of rookies that come into the league and play at a high level on day one without struggle. Out of 256 draft picks. They are usually first rounders, mostly drafted in the top 10. Just look at the rookie year of our last four first round picks Ridley, Takk, Neal and Beasley. All of em struggled in year one. Counting on rooks to fill gaping holes is a dangerous game. The draft should be used more as a long term roster building strategy.

Neal, Ridley, as Takk had fine first seasons. Same goes for Jarrett. This is also one of the best classes in a long time. 

17 minutes ago, Dutty Ole Bird said:

Neal, Ridley, as Takk had fine first seasons. Same goes for Jarrett. This is also one of the best classes in a long time. 

Go look at their PFF rankings from their rookie seasons. They were all in the 68-73 range. Ridley just posted a 68.8 which ranked 51st out of 117 qualifying WRs. Most rookies struggle bro.

Vandy likes this

On 3/8/2019 at 4:16 AM, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Go look at their PFF rankings from their rookie seasons. They were all in the 68-73 range. Ridley just posted a 68.8 which ranked 51st out of 117 qualifying WRs. Most rookies struggle bro.

And we are going to have them for a few years on cheap deals. There's also no guarantee Dee Ford will pan out. Look at Irvin's first season, and Osi. I rather have a long DE than a vic beasley clone.