⚡Slumerican⚡

Chiefs will release Justin Huston

120 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Not if you don’t want to like @vel said. A player has to respond to the coaching. Brett Favre is an example of a player that no matter what his coach said he did his own thing on the field. But he was fueled by a different beast. He’s a dawg. 

Exactly....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, vel said:

That's the million dollar question.

That's the point I'm making. He's got the moves and the hand usage....when he wants. You can't coach want to. 

Literally he should be able to win with that move once a game with his talent. He needs a setup. Its almost like Quinn needs to script his pass rushes. 

1. Attack outside

2. Outside inside move

3. Attack outside/spin inside

4. Stunt

I swear Vic is so frustrating because does stuff like this and the play where he just blows by Saints Ramzyck for a sack. Highly impressive and highly disappointing. 

vel, Drew4719, Flying Falcon and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

Would you want Trey Flowers instead for 17.5 mil?

No.  Dude is a 7 sack guy.  Better overall DE, though.  But not at 17.5 mill

Yo_Lover likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

Would you want Trey Flowers instead for 17.5 mil?

If I'm choosing between Flowers at 17 or Vic at 13..........I would probably take Trey. The thing with him is he's a complete player. He'll anchor the end against the run and give you some good pass rush reps consistently if not frequently. 

Vic doesn't even factor into the run defense and does even less than Trey in the pass rush department. 

Stryka and Bigbenright like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Stryka said:

Literally he should be able to win with that move once a game with his talent. He needs a setup. Its almost like Quinn needs to script his pass rushes. 

1. Attack outside

2. Outside inside move

3. Attack outside/spin inside

4. Stunt

I swear Vic is so frustrating because does stuff like this and the play where he just blows by Saints Ramzyck for a sack. Highly impressive and highly disappointing. 

The bold part is what I've been saying. People saying he's out of position or poorly coached are just saying it. At the end of the day, Vic is a pass rusher and when it's time to beat an OT 1v1, he has not consistently done it. That clip shows that he clearly has the ability. That move is there, but if he doesn't work it and set it up, no scheme or alignment is going to make up for it. Nor coaching telling him repeatedly to use it unless he wants to. Like you said, he beat Ramzyck so clean early in the season it was vintage Vic. Those were the only two sacks he had this year that were impressive and not just coverage sacks. The one he had versus Washington when he didn't finish was another impressive rush. 

Stryka and Drew4719 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is rookie Vic:

We haven't seen that move in how long? This is what I mean. All the scheme and out of position excuses are just excuses. The moves and ability are there. 

Drew4719, Stryka and athell like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, vel said:

The bold part is what I've been saying. People saying he's out of position or poorly coached are just saying it. At the end of the day, Vic is a pass rusher and when it's time to beat an OT 1v1, he has not consistently done it. That clip shows that he clearly has the ability. That move is there, but if he doesn't work it and set it up, no scheme or alignment is going to make up for it. Nor coaching telling him repeatedly to use it unless he wants to. Like you said, he beat Ramzyck so clean early in the season it was vintage Vic. Those were the only two sacks he had this year that were impressive and not just coverage sacks. The one he had versus Washington when he didn't finish was another impressive rush. 

Bro it just kills me. He's got it all. I was looking at tape and saying to myself.....the bend is there but where is the lower and upper body strength to fight through OTs arms. I didnt see it. Then I think back and this dude has plenty of power. 30 something reps on the bench, 40 inch Vert, 11 foot broad jump. Dude is a freak at 250 lbs. He just isnt a dog and he is now looking lazy and less coachable. 

Drew4719 and vel like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, vel said:

The bold part is what I've been saying. People saying he's out of position or poorly coached are just saying it. At the end of the day, Vic is a pass rusher and when it's time to beat an OT 1v1, he has not consistently done it. That clip shows that he clearly has the ability. That move is there, but if he doesn't work it and set it up, no scheme or alignment is going to make up for it. Nor coaching telling him repeatedly to use it unless he wants to. Like you said, he beat Ramzyck so clean early in the season it was vintage Vic. Those were the only two sacks he had this year that were impressive and not just coverage sacks. The one he had versus Washington when he didn't finish was another impressive rush. 

I also think it’s the fact he only had one year with a player like freeney. The torch should be a passing thing. Like Julio having Roddy for years. Hopefully Calvin will have Julio for a few years. JPP had Strathan for a few years. Freeney and Mathis. Clowney has Watt. Sometimes that tutelage thing is a factor. And we kinda just put Beasley out there to the wolves his first year. Second he had freeney and 16 sacks. Next year by himself and this year. As a pup he should’ve had at least 3 years with a dawg like freeney. No less than two. You can’t learn all the tricks of the trade in a year. By the time Calvin takes over as #1 he will have learned so much from Julio he’ll no how to get the next wr #2 up to par and be effective even when he doesn’t get the ball. 

athell, Stryka and Drew4719 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

I also think it’s the fact he only had one year with a player like freeney. The torch should be a passing thing. Like Julio having Roddy for years. Hopefully Calvin will have Julio for a few years. JPP had Strathan for a few years. Freeney and Mathis. Clowney has Watt. Sometimes that tutelage thing is a factor. And we kinda just put Beasley out there to the wolves his first year. Second he had freeney and 16 sacks. Next year by himself and this year. As a pup he should’ve had at least 3 years with a dawg like freeney. No less than two. You can’t learn all the tricks of the trade in a year. By the time Calvin takes over as #1 he will have learned so much from Julio he’ll no how to get the next wr #2 up to par and be effective even when he doesn’t get the ball. 

Fully agreed, but I just refuse to believe it was solely because a vet was missing. His lack of counters and just moves alone are frustrating. I posted that clip from his rookie year, he was busting that spin before Freeney even got here. Now, he's just trying to speed rush everybody. 

Maybe Irvin can be that if they bring him back. Maybe it's Houston. I just think he lacks that dog. Grady, Debo, and Neal have done just fine without vet guys. Even Takk has made strides without one. It's beneficial, yes, but saying Vic can't progress without one in my opinion is just another knock on him. 

Drew4719, athell, Cole World and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vel said:

Fully agreed, but I just refuse to believe it was solely because a vet was missing. His lack of counters and just moves alone are frustrating. I posted that clip from his rookie year, he was busting that spin before Freeney even got here. Now, he's just trying to speed rush everybody. 

Maybe Irvin can be that if they bring him back. Maybe it's Houston. I just think he lacks that dog. Grady, Debo, and Neal have done just fine without vet guys. Even Takk has made strides without one. It's beneficial, yes, but saying Vic can't progress without one in my opinion is just another knock on him. 

Yea not solely on a vet but that’s a dynamic to it. He may be one of those players that can follow a player. 

vel likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Yea not solely on a vet but that’s a dynamic to it. He may be one of those players that can follow a player. 

Some players have that dog in them....some dont want to appear weak in the presence of a dog....the fact that he balled that one year with Freeney might suggest that...Again .... Im just talking...whatever it is .... His production and effort doesn't warrant 13 mil...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Some players have that dog in them....some dont want to appear weak in the presence of a dog....the fact that he balled that one year with Freeney might suggest that...Again .... Im just talking...whatever it is .... His production and effort doesn't warrant 13 mil...

That’s why i was saying we’d keep him. His play last year would determine a good negotiation with him. Cause if he balled we’d be paying more than 13 so I’m not too upset. Plus he HAS the d@mn potential to be 2016 every year. He’s frustrating. 

RING OF HONOR likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheFatboi said:

That’s why i was saying we’d keep him. His play last year would determine a good negotiation with him. Cause if he balled we’d be paying more than 13 so I’m not too upset. Plus he HAS the d@mn potential to be 2016 every year. He’s frustrating. 

That's why I'm so hesitant to give up on him. He can be 2016 every year if someone can motivate him correctly. That's why I have mentioned coaching. For some reason there appears to be a severe lack of motivation from Vic. I don't know why. But I'm willing to give him this year with Dan Quinn riding his *** and see what happens. He might just be another Hageman where it doesn't matter who the coach is, no one can get him to do it.

TheFatboi likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

That's why I'm so hesitant to give up on him. He can be 2016 every year if someone can motivate him correctly. That's why I have mentioned coaching. For some reason there appears to be a severe lack of motivation from Vic. I don't know why. But I'm willing to give him this year with Dan Quinn riding his *** and see what happens. He might just be another Hageman where it doesn't matter who the coach is, no one can get him to do it.

Yea me too. You can CLEARLY see the dude has the tools. Sometimes I think he also outsmarts himself trying to get cleanup sacks thinking the qb will try to escape and that’s cool. I understand the thought process but he gives up on the initial rush to get the cleanup sack. And he will get them. But I’d rather him ojlybdo that when he CANT get to the qb. Don’t give up on the play to wait in a cleanup sack. Keep pushing. Kinda like tackle the running back Otw to the qb. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

I also think it’s the fact he only had one year with a player like freeney. The torch should be a passing thing. Like Julio having Roddy for years. Hopefully Calvin will have Julio for a few years. JPP had Strathan for a few years. Freeney and Mathis. Clowney has Watt. Sometimes that tutelage thing is a factor. And we kinda just put Beasley out there to the wolves his first year. Second he had freeney and 16 sacks. Next year by himself and this year. As a pup he should’ve had at least 3 years with a dawg like freeney. No less than two. You can’t learn all the tricks of the trade in a year. By the time Calvin takes over as #1 he will have learned so much from Julio he’ll no how to get the next wr #2 up to par and be effective even when he doesn’t get the ball. 

Bro!!! Too much truth here. 2 of the most underrated things in football are chemistry and leadership. The latter extends beyond coaches. Having a guy on the sideline and on the field with you who can point out tendencies, give you a tidbit on sideline and just generally be a personal advisor is so valuable. As you mentioned....you see it all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

It's now official!! Wish the Falcons would give him Vic Beasley's money!!

 

and the best news with the release is Justin Houston's contract is terminated.

Would love to sign him but not for more than 2-3 years and for similar money to what Beasley is getting - Houston productive but not elite anymore - better all around player - should be like 31yrs old so probably a 2-3 year player at best.

problem is he is on open market - someone will overpay for his past production not what he is likely to yield in future.

Falconsfan567 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

and the best news with the release is Justin Houston's contract is terminated.

Would love to sign him but not for more than 2-3 years and for similar money to what Beasley is getting - Houston productive but not elite anymore - better all around player - should be like 31yrs old so probably a 2-3 year player at best.

problem is he is on open market - someone will overpay for his past production not what he is likely to yield in future.

Yep. He'll get based on past performance and not future earnings!

TheFatboi likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now