⚡Slumerican⚡

Chiefs will release Justin Huston

120 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

What I want is to see the Falcons get an established player and then go to Vic Beasley and say "this is what you're worth and this is what we're going to pay you, take it or leave it."

Unlike most here, I haven't given up on Beasley yet because I still see the massive potential he brings to the table. But he **** sure isn't worth the 5th year option. I'd hate to cut him loose and have him blow up somewhere else because he was finally used correctly and taught correctly.

This is my issue:

What is he doing that can be corrected? 

He can't tackle. He doesn't play a physical brand of football. He knows moves, dating back to Clemson, he just doesn't use them. 

You're not the first person I've seen say this. I just think it's a talking point more than a factual point. It sounds good basically. But from what I've seen, there isn't a "Vic is being misused" argument that sells me. 

11 minutes ago, vel said:

This is my issue:

He can't tackle. He doesn't play a physical brand of football. He knows moves, dating back to Clemson, he just doesn't use them. 

You're not the first person I've seen say this. I just think it's a talking point more than a factual point. It sounds good basically. But from what I've seen, there isn't a "Vic is being misused" argument that sells me. 

There are a lot of things that he could do better that would make him a better football player and that are entirely teachable like hand usage usage  and better use of leverage.

If he just did a better job of finishing sacks he would have had around ATLEAST 8 sacks this past year

Stryka and FalconsIn2020 like this

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

There are a lot of things that he could do better that would make him a better football player and that are entirely teachable like hand usage usage  and better use of leverage.

If he just did a better job of finishing sacks he would have had around ATLEAST 8 sacks this past year

Again, he doesn't have a hand usage issue. He has a lack of want to in that department. Go look at his sack vs the Cowboys. Clear as day beats the RT clean with great hand use. If he doesn't want to use it, no coach can force it. 

At the end of the day, I think a lot of Vic's problems lie on Vic wanting to be better. He's got all of the tools. When he uses them, he succeeds. But he's lazy and relies on his speed rush entirely too much in my opinion. The bolded part is always where I lean. Just finish some of his sacks and he's still putting up around 8 in 2018. That's want to, not coaching or being misused. 

1 hour ago, vel said:

This is my issue:

His hands. Why doesn't he use his hands?

20 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Hang tight, if its not on the transaction wire tomorrow ill change it 

They eating Vic alive on 92.9...

Saying B.Y tried to work with Vic on secondary moves but he didn't want to..

I wonder if it might be a hidden connection with him retiring...seems odd he chose to right after they decided to keep him.... speculative on my part of course...just makes me say hmmmmm

On 3/4/2019 at 5:22 PM, ya_boi_j said:

This makes me want to hate Quinn for pulling for Vic so bad. Please god take that player off the Falcons hands so they can get someone established to play the position 

Amen

6 hours ago, vel said:

That's the million dollar question.

That's the point I'm making. He's got the moves and the hand usage....when he wants. You can't coach want to. 

Coaching can help with being more consistent

3 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I did, but ill make sure to tag you soon as its official 

Lol, I'm just messing with you at this point. I really don't care all that much. 

11 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

That's cool and all but coaching doesn't create "want to" which is my point. You can't force somebody to do something unless they want to. 

21 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

He got robbed on 1 early in NO game. Strip sack would have ended the game too. Sigh. 

6 sacks is nothing to balk at. I remember when we were dying to have at least a 6 sack guy across from Abraham. 

In 2016 he had 2 or 3 sacks off of pure pursuit. I remember vividly running Kaepernick down on sideline and chasing A. Smith down from other side. 

I dont know what happened to it but Quinn needs to make sure Vic stays on his horse for 60 minutes. 

2 minutes ago, Stryka said:

He got robbed on 1 early in NO game. Strip sack would have ended the game too. Sigh. 

6 sacks is nothing to balk at. I remember when we were dying to have at least a 6 sack guy across from Abraham. 

In 2016 he had 2 or 3 sacks off of pure pursuit. I remember vividly running Kaepernick down on sideline and chasing A. Smith down from other side. 

I dont know what happened to it but Quinn needs to make sure Vic stays on his horse for 60 minutes. 

Yes we want a consistent 6 sack guy, but not for 13 mil. He's got all the tools in the world, that much is undisputed. But my problem is he doesn't use them consistently. He's not weak at all, but he gets bullied far too often. He uses speed counters, but only sporadically at best. He's been in the league for years and it's past time for him to be a consistent force. 

Stryka likes this

13 hours ago, RING OF HONOR said:

I wonder if it might be a hidden connection with him retiring...seems odd he chose to right after they decided to keep him.... speculative on my part of course...just makes me say hmmmmm

Who retiring?

What I've been saying. Want to. You can't coach it. 

RING OF HONOR likes this

Well Beasley was not the only one who struggled...Takk all but disappeared the last half of the year amd Grady would have a good game or 2 and then he would disappear for most of the game

FalconsIn2020, Stryka and Yo_Lover like this

I don't know, Houston is old and slowing down. Watch us get him and he ends up with 4 sacks LMAO.

1 hour ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Yes we want a consistent 6 sack guy, but not for 13 mil. He's got all the tools in the world, that much is undisputed. But my problem is he doesn't use them consistently. He's not weak at all, but he gets bullied far too often. He uses speed counters, but only sporadically at best. He's been in the league for years and it's past time for him to be a consistent force. 

You preaching to the choir bro. I couldnt agree more. The biggest issue is that we have seen it from him. I mentioned in another post how in 2016 he might not have won with a intial move or counter but he kept angling for the QB and got a few sacks off pure hustle. He also was a terror on stunts. Takk is great at it too....Manuel just couldnt be creative when he had to focus on fundamentals for young guys startings due to an overwhelming amount of injuries. 

I expect a healthy team allows Quinn to scheme Vic into 8-10 sacks this year. I wouldnt be suprised if it was 12-15 but I also wouldnt be suprised if it was 6-8. We shall see. 

Drew4719 and FalconsIn2020 like this

2 hours ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Would you want Trey Flowers instead for 17.5 mil?

On 3/5/2019 at 11:29 AM, vel said:

Again, he doesn't have a hand usage issue. He has a lack of want to in that department. Go look at his sack vs the Cowboys. Clear as day beats the RT clean with great hand use. If he doesn't want to use it, no coach can force it. 

At the end of the day, I think a lot of Vic's problems lie on Vic wanting to be better. He's got all of the tools. When he uses them, he succeeds. But he's lazy and relies on his speed rush entirely too much in my opinion. The bolded part is always where I lean. Just finish some of his sacks and he's still putting up around 8 in 2018. That's want to, not coaching or being misused. 

Agree with this, and think Q seen the same. This is why Q said he is working hands on w Vic and Bic woth eother Love or hate him fornit. Gonna work Vic like a rented mule.

2 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Well Beasley was not the only one who struggled...Takk all but disappeared the last half of the year amd Grady would have a good game or 2 and then he would disappear for most of the game

Thats true ...but its not about that....it was said that he refused to take on coaching to improve his craft....he took an I want to continue to do what got me here approach....thats unacceptable

3 hours ago, Flying Falcon said:

Who retiring?

D line coach...Young decided to retire...

Which to me was kind of out of left field...no indication on him wanting to retire....but decided to almost right after they made the announcement to bring Beasley back..

Flying Falcon likes this

15 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Not if you don’t want to like @vel said. A player has to respond to the coaching. Brett Favre is an example of a player that no matter what his coach said he did his own thing on the field. But he was fueled by a different beast. He’s a dawg. 

vel, RING OF HONOR and Drew4719 like this