⚡Slumerican⚡

Chiefs will release Justin Huston

120 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Bigbenright said:

Beasley was a ghost in the playoffs and SB.

Agree, but Beasley sucking wind doesn’t put Houston on the field. I am not pro Beasley, you can worry about JH injuries without wanting Beasley here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, RubberDucky said:

I'd rescind that 5th year option so **** fast. Only 30 and could actually help develop Takk.

 

I would do the same. It makes TOO much sense. Hometown guy so to speak. Likely his last stop, sure he would love to finish up here. You need a pass rusher. He isn't super old. I could easily see him with 2 to 3 good years left. He just turned 30.

Cut Beasley NOW and get this done. Victim of circumstance at that point. Wouldn't miss him at all if I could get an experienced, proven player like Houston. Falcons are in love with "their way" too much which hasn't netted us anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, isproab said:

I would do the same. It makes TOO much sense. Hometown guy so to speak. Likely his last stop, sure he would love to finish up here. You need a pass rusher. He isn't super old. I could easily see him with 2 to 3 good years left. He just turned 30.

Cut Beasley NOW and get this done. Victim of circumstance at that point. Wouldn't miss him at all if I could get an experienced, proven player like Houston. Falcons are in love with "their way" too much which hasn't netted us anything. 

Honestly believe TD and Quinn are delusional about our super bowl window at this point.. And maybe its Blank putting pressure on them, but i believe they are making huge mistakes trying to hang onto something that isnt thier instead of making smart decisions for the team. 

Jerz #Quinning likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

****in A. Screw you op

 

Yeah, they lost all leverage for a trade.  Once the word is out they are going to release him, he has no trade value beyond a very late round pick.

Throw a 7th if we want him.  Or just wait.

FWIW, I was fine with us keeping Beasley, but I'm also fine with cutting him loose and picking up Houston instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what do the Falcons trade to get Houston? Everyone wanting Beasley gone then offer him in a trade package. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, high impact said:

So what do the Falcons trade to get Houston? Everyone wanting Beasley gone then offer him in a trade package. 

Idk, if Houston is seriously wanting to come and play for his home town i hope his agent is on the phone with TD right now.. I dont see why a hamstring injury would keep it from happening after hes already been cleared 

high impact likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Idk, if Houston is seriously wanting to come and play for his home town i hope his agent is on the phone with TD right now.. I dont see why a hamstring injury would keep it from happening after hes already been cleared 

Well if they were to work this deal. I see Beasley getting 12 plus sacks forcing 4 fumbles plus a trip the the Super Bowl for KC and Houston on IR before the end of preseason as a Falcon. Just how it works as a Falcons fan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, high impact said:

Well if they were to work this deal. I see Beasley getting 12 plus sacks forcing 4 fumbles plus a trip the the Super Bowl for KC and Houston on IR before the end of preseason as a Falcon. Just how it works as a Falcons fan. 

True, so very true.. TD trying to keep the fantasy going that our superbowl window is still open is killing us.. Im not anticipating us going to the superbowl this season. Id like to see a solid team, thats consistent and competitive this season and maybe get a first round win in a wildcard game. Id be totally happy with that.. But it seems we are robbing Peter to pay Paul to try and hype a unconceivable superbowl run.. TD should make smart moves and take it one game at a time, lets get in position to be in the playoffs and see what happens from there. Over spending on Beasley not only wont get us into the playoffs, its tieing our hande to fill positions with players that can make a difference 

high impact likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rap just reported (tweets) chiefs tagged Ford and are listening to trade offers for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Watch us keep Beasley on the books for almost 13 mil while Houston signs for 15 mil/yr somewhere.

He’s not worth 15 million a year at this point of his career. He may get it but his performance won’t live up to it. I’d like to have him for less though. 

HouseofEuphoria likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Rap just reported (tweets) chiefs tagged Ford and are listening to trade offers for him.

Theyve been putting him out for trade for some time.. No takers, every team knows hes going to be released now and have no reason to give up anything 

Flying Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

This makes me want to hate Quinn for pulling for Vic so bad. Please god take that player off the Falcons hands so they can get someone established to play the position 

Bingo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Wardog357 said:

Makes way too much sense...so it won't happen. 

Drop a 26 year old for a 31 year old for more money? Makes all the sense in the world...:rolleyes:

Black Francis likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as they refuse to scheme the pressure and rely on athleticism only to get QB pressure, superman couldn't get to the QB consistently. I was never a fan of Beasley because he's a one trick pony and I prefer to see a bit more size on the outside but I have to say, when the QB can read your defense from the huddle and outside of the occasional stunt, you rarely bring more than 4 nor do you ever mug the LB's onto the line to confuse the situation, I don't think you can maximize any DE. Don't waste the money. Now id DQ decides to start a little trickeration, maybe even Beasley will be useful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Age is a factor......but production is also a factor. You just watched a 40 year old win another SB while 25 year olds watched or got beat. Now if GJ is AD talent, and he might be but hasn't shown that elite talent yet....then maybe I would agree. Matt is at his peak. I'd take 3 Elite years vs 8 good years. We need that talent. We are seriously lacking that type of player. He could make our D much more lethal. But hey, I won't eye roll you because everyone is entitled to their opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wardog357 said:

Age is a factor......but production is also a factor. You just watched a 40 year old win another SB while 25 year olds watched or got beat. Now if GJ is AD talent, and he might be but hasn't shown that elite talent yet....then maybe I would agree. Matt is at his peak. I'd take 3 Elite years vs 8 good years. We need that talent. We are seriously lacking that type of player. He could make our D much more lethal. But hey, I won't eye roll you because everyone is entitled to their opinion. 

Just to be clear.....I'd drop Vic for JH. And love to keep GJ but not for AD money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dr Long Shot said:

They are shopping Dee Ford aswell... strange.

How is it strange? Alot of times when teams tag players they look for trade partners. The downside is the asking price is usually too high. They want to get some type of compensation instead of just letting a player walk for absolutely nothing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now