Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cole World

Projected Free agent money for DL & OL and other news

36 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Quinn didn't sound too confident in his OL starters outside of Mack and Bloodline.

Looks like he's putting his name on Oliver, Senat and Beasley. Better be right.

He didn’t but that’s what the draft is for.

I can pick that up and add youth to the picture.

We are a build through the draft team apparently.

FalconsIn2012 and Schwarzwald like this

Just now, kiwifalcon said:

He didn’t but that’s what the draft is for.

I can pick that up and add youth to the picture.

We are a build through the draft team apparently.

And rooks usually get handled in year one. Quinn better be right. The NFC is no joke. Miss the playoffs again and he could be gone. If he is, hopefully we send Dimi with him and start over. 

4 hours ago, Bigbenright said:

I would let Beasley walk and try to sign Flowers. Miles better than Beasley. Structure contract in a way that his cap hit is less and you have a long term solution done.

4 hours ago, Vandy said:

I still can’t get over keeping Beasley at that inflated cost. Much like last year, Our front office is not off to an impressive start this offseason. 

Just like @Francis York Morgan stated in another thread. I will hold off until after the legal tampering period. I think if they can agree to a long term deal with a pass rusher like say Preston Smith, they would rescind the 5th year option just before the start of the new league year.

I'm just piss that Quinn would wait until a player is on a increase salary to help him. Anything over $10M a player should have the initiative to get better himself. 

Vandy likes this

2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

And rooks usually get handled in year one. Quinn better be right. The NFC is no joke. Miss the playoffs again and he could be gone. If he is, hopefully we send Dimi with him and start over. 

Yes but they gotta go.

I don’t see DQ going next year unless it’s a catastrophic failure.

Mind you some of the tankers round here like seeing us throw games so we can pick high in the draft lol.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

One point is Neal and DeBo had very good year ones; albeit after initial growing pains to start the year. But that D in 2016 had far less overall talent; unless we are minus Grady next year. We do have Rico/Neal/Debo and promising guys like Takk/Foye on the rise.

Even Means proved he was far more valuable to us last year in the few snaps he finally got starting/playing more to validate releasing Reed.

Our trouble right now is we are thin along the LOS on DL before Grady and the draft/FA. Couple that with interior OL concerns at minimum; and we are more shaky looking Into 2019 compared to 2016.

But remember, 2015 looking at 2016 didn’t know how good that OL would come together by adding Mack. Who knows if Ty does indeed hold down RT with improved pass blocking at age 27...what about the opportunity to get a couple guys for OG between FA and the draft? What about our opportunity to still sign Grady and get a DT in the draft?

We aren’t far away at all. It’s panic and emotion that lets folks worry on each individual subject instead of seeing the big picture and how each piece fits in.

1 hour ago, Ergo Proxy said:

One point is Neal and DeBo had very good year ones; albeit after initial growing pains to start the year. But that D in 2016 had far less overall talent; unless we are minus Grady next year. We do have Rico/Neal/Debo and promising guys like Takk/Foye on the rise.

Even Means proved he was far more valuable to us last year in the few snaps he finally got starting/playing more to validate releasing Reed.

Our trouble right now is we are thin along the LOS on DL before Grady and the draft/FA. Couple that with interior OL concerns at minimum; and we are more shaky looking Into 2019 compared to 2016.

But remember, 2015 looking at 2016 didn’t know how good that OL would come together by adding Mack. Who knows if Ty does indeed hold down RT with improved pass blocking at age 27...what about the opportunity to get a couple guys for OG between FA and the draft? What about our opportunity to still sign Grady and get a DT in the draft?

We aren’t far away at all. It’s panic and emotion that lets folks worry on each individual subject instead of seeing the big picture and how each piece fits in.

All the rooks got worked that year and were part of 28-3.

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

All the rooks got worked that year and were part of 28-3.

We've never been a dominant D with DQ, point was individual players. We've had those. Draft picks now though aren't being asked to man entire units. We just need compliements in year 1. 2016 needed multiple starters. Sign Grady and we have penciled in almost entire D lineup.

We had 2nd year VB, old vets that were struggling to produce in TJax/Babs, lost Tru, and Camp was also a rookie being asked to start.

Next year we got at most what...two 2nd year guys asked to start on D? 3rd and 4th year players or longer mean we are closer to a prime roster than an old and rookie roster ala 2016.

17 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

We've never been a dominant D with DQ, point was individual players. We've had those. Draft picks now though aren't being asked to man entire units. We just need compliements in year 1. 2016 needed multiple starters. Sign Grady and we have penciled in almost entire D lineup.

We had 2nd year VB, old vets that were struggling to produce in TJax/Babs, lost Tru, and Camp was also a rookie being asked to start.

Next year we got at most what...two 2nd year guys asked to start on D? 3rd and 4th year players or longer mean we are closer to a prime roster than an old and rookie roster ala 2016.

Bro. The last six Lombardi winning teams had a top 10 scoring defense.

Quinn's only had one here so far. In 2017. When he had his best DLine.

2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Bro. The last six Lombardi winning teams had a top 10 scoring defense.

Where did I support not having a top-10 D? 2017 was a mirage.

FTR: We chose not to win the SB in spite of the D issues.

Just win. Win condition success to how you are built. 2019 offense can't get here fast enough. Fix the lines. Yes? That's both.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

5 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

He played well at the end of the season, I'm not gonna call him unproven. He's average but has slowly shown he improves. Get a better guard next to him like Spain and he could even be above average.

Ty did alright and apparently performed well in practices.  You can not have stars at every OL position, but if you can find a couple of stars and fill out the rest with good players, then you will have what you need.  

Sign Spain and draft another interior OL in the second round.  

Use the #14 for the best available pass rushing DL (DE or DT).  

Schwarzwald and Ovie_Lover like this

4 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

We need to be able to stop the run and run the ball. We did neither well last year, but had multiple injuries. Quinn and Dimi need a good draft because the players we have even including those returning from injury are enough to consistently do either. I hope I am wrong. The other teams in the division are likely to improve with TB and Carolina having higher draft picks.