Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cole World

Projected Free agent money for DL & OL and other news

36 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

And I would love Spain...

@FalconFanSince1970 you and I love the above abut Spain.  We called it months ago

Yeah man Spain's a no brainer. Could probably get him with a first year cap hit in the $2-4M range. Problem is if we franchise Grady in the next 48 hours we'll be close to capped out and would either have to dig into the draft pool, or restructure/cut some players (I'm looking at you Beasley, Shredder, Fusco and Bosher).

8 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Yeah man Spain's a no brainer. Could probably get him with a first year cap hit in the $2-4M range. Problem is if we franchise Grady in the next 48 hours we'll be close to capped out and would either have to dig into the draft pool, or restructure/cut some players (I'm looking at you Beasley, Shredder, Fusco and Bosher).

The latter 3 should all be cut.

Unless you rescind Beasley’s option or extend him, you can’t do anything with his option amount.  They are non-negotiable

PokerSteve likes this

30 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

The latter 3 should all be cut.

Unless you rescind Beasley’s option or extend him, you can’t do anything with his option.  They are non-negotiable

I'd rescind it. Quinn already said he's rollin with him though. I wonder what Billy Check would have done. He traded Chandler Jones coming off a Pro Bowl season.

2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I rescind it. Quinn already said he's rollin with him though. I wonder what Billy Check would have done. He traded Chandler Jones coming off a Pro Bowl season.

I wouldn’t hate it.  I like Vic more than most around here, but with Grady heading for a Tag, it gives us flexibility.  Sign Irvin and Spain.

Belichick is letting Trey Flowers walk cause he wants 15 mill or more.  Beasley would have been traded last year in NE

3 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I wouldn’t hate it.  Sign Irvin and Spain.

Belichick is letting Trey Flowers walk cause he wants 15 mill or more.  Beasley would have been traded last year in NE

5 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I rescind it. Quinn already said he's rollin with him though. I wonder what Billy Check would have done. He traded Chandler Jones coming off a Pro Bowl season.

I still can’t get over keeping Beasley at that inflated cost. Much like last year, Our front office is not off to an impressive start this offseason. 

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

I still can’t get over keeping Beasley at that inflated cost. Much like last year, Our front office is not off to an impressive start this offseason. 

In a tight CAP year we have spent a lot on backups or unproven players

12.8 mill in Vic

3 mill on Ty

3 mill on Schaub (best guess)

Drew4719 and Vandy like this

I suppose seeing what these other DEs want influenced them deciding to keep Beasley at the 5th year option. They may still feel he is better for the system than thee other guys and FAs will be pricey. Z. Smith would be nice at that price point though.

TS deal seems okay seeing what these other average tackles want. Could live w a Williams at 10M if he is ready to go and that one year wasn’t a fluke.

FalconsIn2012 and hotlanta like this

17 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

12.8 mill in Vic

3 mill on Ty

Ironic you mention both Vic and Ty together in same post. The OT who made Vic’s career now looks to be our starting RT. Ugh....

And Schaub washed out 5+ Years ago and we’re still throwing money at him. SMH. 

21 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I wouldn’t hate it.  I like Vic more than most around here, but with Grady heading for a Tag, it gives us flexibility.  Sign Irvin and Spain.

I would let Beasley walk and try to sign Flowers. Miles better than Beasley. Structure contract in a way that his cap hit is less and you have a long term solution done.

14 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

12.8 mill in Vic

3 mill on Ty

Plus 2.2 on Blidi, Means and Carter.

29 minutes ago, Vandy said:

ButtaFusco was our splash signing last year. At the rate we're going it'll be Wilma Flintstone this year. 

42 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Those are great value deals, especially Means.

Agreed i was just pointing out that we've spent more space on back ups and unproven players so far. 

Vandy likes this

If Arizona does trade Rosen to the Redskins and draft Murray that would be good for us. One more player that could fall to us.

If the above does happen, Cardinals could possibly get Murray at #1 and a player like Andre Dillard at #15

4 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

You could counter the 2019 cap hit by releasing Schraeder if necessary.  That would seem to make the most sense if Ty is the guy at RT.

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

16 minutes ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

You could counter the 2019 cap hit by releasing Schraeder if necessary.  That would seem to make the most sense if Ty is the guy at RT.

i think shraeder has to be a post june 1st to make cap sense

pre hune 1st cap savings 3,950,000

post ju e 1st cap savings 6,450,000

Edited by texasfalconfan
FalconsIn2012 likes this

4 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

If we do get Spain we can always designate Schraeder as a June 1st cut. Then draft a T and let him and Ty compete.

4 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

12.8 mill in Vic

3 mill on Ty

Ty is a possible starter at RT, get out.

4 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Ty is a possible starter at RT, get out.

If you’ll notice, I said backups OR unproven players.  Ty would be an unproven starter

2 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

If you’ll notice, I said backups OR unproven players.  Ty would be an unproven starter

He played well at the end of the season, I'm not gonna call him unproven. He's average but has slowly shown he improves. Get a better guard next to him like Spain and he could even be above average.

3 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Agreed i was just pointing out that we've spent more space on back ups and unproven players so far. 

I think that’s because they are confident in what they have as starters and are using FA for experience and depth.

3 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

I think that’s because they are confident in what they have as starters and are using FA for experience and depth.

Quinn didn't sound too confident in his OL starters outside of Mack and Bloodline.

Looks like he's putting his name on Oliver, Senat and Beasley. Better be right.

PokerSteve and Vandy like this