Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carter

March 2019 Recruiting Thread

235 posts in this topic

March has gotten off to a big start with the commitment of 6’4” 4-star WR Justin Robinson. Great talent and great fit for the offense.

Then we have 4-star QB Carson Beck receiving a late offer from UGA and it sounds like he is very intrigued. Gators have been considered the heavy favorite and no doubt do not like seeing this...

6 minutes ago, Carter said:

Oh Carson Beck is in Athens this weekend btw :lol: 

i loved the gator comments on his uga picture on twitter.. that is my favorite thing.. seeing the instant reactions from fans on social media.. just some hilarious stuff. 

1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

i loved the gator comments on his uga picture on twitter.. that is my favorite thing.. seeing the instant reactions from fans on social media.. just some hilarious stuff. 

Lol at the one that says UGA is a run first team and UF utilizes it's QB's

UGA averaged more passing yards and TD's on LESS attempts.

While UGA also averaged more yards and TD's rushing with a staggering .1 more attempts rushing.

2 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Lol at the one that says UGA is a run first team and UF utilizes it's QB's

UGA averaged more passing yards and TD's on LESS attempts.

While UGA also averaged more yards and TD's rushing with a staggering .1 more attempts rushing.

Yep it's comical.. It's clear who had the better offense and threw more.. haha

Just watched Becks Junior Film...…nice pocket awareness, throws well to both sidelines and over the middle. I'm impressed with the receivers he has as well. Maybe he could lure one of them to follow him over? Assuming he comes to UGA.

AutumnEffect likes this

Carson Beck tweeted out an hour glass and the replies make it seem like he's gonna commit soon, anyone know anything about that or is he just teasing? :lol:

AutumnEffect likes this

“The visit was unreal,” Beck told 247Sports. “Georgia was my dream school since middle school when it came to football. Going into the whole recruiting process Georgia was at the No. 1 spot and this was before I received any offers. Obviously they were relatively late (to offer) but that truly didn’t mean anything to me."

1 minute ago, Wardog357 said:

Man this is awesome! He will have the chance to play in his first year if Jake leaves or at worst one year after he gets here if he sticks with his commitment. Awesome!

Unexpected big time get for us. He is not on DJ U's level but he could creep up into the national top 50 or higher and MAYBE even flirt with a 5th star with a solid senior year.

I think one thing our coaches make abundantly clear at this point with QBs is that they need to come in purely with the attitude to work. I don't see us trying to make a 2 QB system work again unless it's a very unique situation such as Hurts/Tua or Leak/Tebow. Mathis and his dad made that known when he flipped. For me, ideally, this allows us to focus on Gunner Stockton as the next QB we bring in for 2022. Lots of folks will want to bring in Brock Vandagriff next year though.