Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DirtybyrdGA

Hawks March game thread

354 posts in this topic

This is the game that never ends.. It just goes on and on my friends. When people started watching it not knowing what it was... We just kept on watching it and singing just because... 

EVERYBODY NOW! 

tl;dr, blkbigdog35 and jayu70 like this

Just now, tl;dr said:

Alex Len has killed us in OT. Missed free throws and that horrible foul

Wait, was he the one that caused the Bulls to tie us a force OT from the beginning? 

Just now, mqg96 said:

Wait, was he the one that caused the Bulls to tie us a force OT from the beginning? 

Not sure on that, but he has definitely been the issue in OT. 

mqg96 likes this

Just now, tl;dr said:

Trae needs to take more shots

Trae is gassed out, I mean 47 points and 16 assists is A LOT for a rookie, and we're in the 4th OT. Trae's done everything he can at this point. 

Jerry Lundegaard and jayu70 like this

Just now, mqg96 said:

Trae is gassed out, I mean 47 points and 16 assists is A LOT for a rookie, and we're in the 4th OT. Trae's done everything he can at this point. 

Oh I agree. Not really on him. He's played 55 minutes and should have won the game in regulation 

Just now, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

Len and Bembry let us down these last couple OTs

For sure. Could have used Dedmon and Prince the last few OT's. Same with Collins, but for the entire game. 

4 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Oh I agree. Not really on him. He's played 55 minutes and should have won the game in regulation 

Also, I just realized that John Collins was out for this game, I have no idea why. We definitely wouldn't have gone to OT had he been playing tonight. 

Just now, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

Forgot about Bazemore... He has been super garbage lately. 

The spirit of the old Hawks needs to be 100% scrapped now. 

Just now, mqg96 said:

Also, I just realized that John Collins was out for this game, I have no idea why. We definitely wouldn't have gone to OT had he been playing tonight. 

Then Spellman got hurt and Huerter hasn't been seen for a while. Didn't help when Dedmon and Prince fouled out either. That's 5 players we have been without for a while

mqg96 likes this

1 minute ago, mqg96 said:

Collins has the flu

mqg96 likes this

Posted (edited)

Really wanted this one. Trae did all he could and ran out off gas, and who could blame him? Problem is, no one else consistently stepped up. 

Huerter was a non factor in OTs. 

Dedmon fouled out. 

Prince fouled out. 

Spellman wasn't going to be the answer, and I heard he got hurt. 

BAZEMORE and Bembry were disasters with the ball in their hands. 

And Len played low IQ basketball. 

We win this with Collins because unlike the rest of those non-Trae chumps, HE consistently steps up. 

Should have won it before the first OT, but whatever. 

Let's get these guys back Sunday by blowing them out... After some much needed rest, IVs and ice baths I'm sure. 

Edited by ATL Fan in the DMV

No Collins, Spellman hurt, Huerter Hurt, Dedmon fouls out, Prince fouls out, Chicken head Baze, fouling 3 pt shooters, twice, Trae with a HUGE night, fun game and we get to do this again on Sunday - no complaints from me.  Rest up boys!!

31 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

That was Dedmon, but **** I can’t stand Len at times. He’s literally the highlight killer. Every time Trae makes an amazing move and pass Len misses a bunny. He’s so soft around the rim it’s ridiculous. It’s almost like that NBA 2k vicinity defense with Len, if a defender is standing anywhere near him he misses the layup smh

What a game. This young team needed that.  Watching this young hawks team certainly makes up for the lost falcons season.