Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falcons In 2012

Jerry Jones: Dak would be #1 overall pick in this draft

19 posts in this topic

Jerry, you’re hurting your bargaining power when it comes to the Dak extension.  It’s being rumored to be a 200 mill extension.  I for one hope it happens.

Malachore likes this

For those who care:

How Dak Prescott Will Likely Try to Finesse a $200 Million Contract Out of Jerry Jones 

K.D. Drummond of The Cowboys Wire outlines how Prescott could get a 7-year, $203 million contract, with $87 million of that guaranteed. You may be thinking; ‘that’s outrageous for a guy that’s only won 1 playoff game’ Here’s how it could play out though. The Cowboys could simply let Prescott play out the 2019 season and franchise tag him for the 2020 season. If they like what they see and don’t want to give him an extension at that point they could tag him again for the 2021 season. The only problem with that; it could cost the Cowboys nearly $62 million in tags if the cap continues to rise as projected by 2020 to over $200 million.

Why are we discussing the Cowboys? They are completely irrelevent, and haven't been relevant in almost 30 years. 

11 minutes ago, birdz4i said:

jerry really is starting to lose it in his old age.

Jerry never had it to begin with, that was all Jimmy Johnson.

And I see nothing special about Dak, I wouldn't want him any more than Geno Smith.

He would not. Dak is a tough QB to measure by traditional stats. I put him a similar category as Cam Newton as there running ability impacts how teams play them and really opens things up for their running backs.

1 hour ago, Jesus said:

God Lord. Is there something I am missing with Dak Prescott? 

He’s Alex Smith with a little more occasional playmaking ability.

Ryan Leaf would also be 1# overall. 

Dak Prescott improved a lot when they got Cooper, but with his o-line and Zeke the Cowboys should be fine with Dak behind the center. The units that scars me the most is their defence but let's so how they develop going into next season. 

2 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Jerry, you’re hurting your bargaining power when it comes to the Dak extension.  It’s being rumored to be a 200 mill extension.  I for one hope it happens.

Sounds like Jerry partied a little too much the night before that quote....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadspin.com/heres-video-of-a-seemingly-drunk-off-his-***-jerry-jone-1820558025/amp

Falcons In 2012 likes this