Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stizz

Free Agency almost here. Any AAF guys you'd take a flyer on?

12 posts in this topic

I think Jamar Summers, Iron cornerback could immediately help on ST at the very least. Dude has been great in coverage and is a willing tackler. I see him as a Poole with ball skills. Should be taking a flyer on anyone so it won't potentially cost us a draft pick.

Anyone else stick out for you?

I'm sure there are a handful of players, but the overwhelming majority of them are in the bush league because they're bush league quality. 

24 minutes ago, octoslash said:

I'm sure there are a handful of players, but the overwhelming majority of them are in the bush league because they're bush league quality. 

So invite them to camp and see what they can do in the preseason. If they don't cut it, they don't cut it. But nothing wrong with diligence. 

13 minutes ago, stizz said:

So invite them to camp and see what they can do in the preseason. If they don't cut it, they don't cut it. But nothing wrong with diligence. 

Why would you dedicate that "diligence" to them instead of an undrafted rookie?

Trent Richardson. We have no power backs as of now, no fullbacks and we never seem to be able to punch it in inside the 5. He'd also help with short 3rd and 4th downs

ya_boi_j likes this

30 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Why would you dedicate that "diligence" to them instead of an undrafted rookie?

Because they have experience in a pro league against people who aren't 20 and 21-year-olds? Do your research instead of always being a skeptic and show me a kid likely to go undrafted that has tape comparable to what Summers is doing on defense and ST.

1 minute ago, stizz said:

Because they have experience in a pro league against people who aren't 20 and 21-year-olds? Do your research instead of always being a skeptic and show me a kid likely to go undrafted that has tape comparable to what Summers is doing on defense and ST.

Being in a semi pro league doesn't make them automatically more deserving of a roster spot. I'm not against bringing someone in, but it makes more sense for it to only be a few targeted players. These are guys who've mostly already flubbed out of the league, and will be more in line for workouts than to take up roster spots, and only get a shot after said workout. The reason why the undrafted kids get spots is because you can't work them all out. You give them a spot or lose them to another team. Odds are, most of these guys will be staying right where they are, and be soon joined by more of this year's crop. 

Trent Richardson. 

I don’t know any defensive names but I’ve seen a few defensive ends that LOOK like they belong in the NFL

stizz likes this

Richardson has become a hot name since he got everything right in his personal life.  He had a huge number of "hanger ons" coming out of Alabama and when he got traded from Cleveland to Indy none of those people helped him do anything.  He packed and moved himself and his family all on his own.

I'd love to see if he still has anything NFL quality left in him.

18 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Being in a semi pro league doesn't make them automatically more deserving of a roster spot. I'm not against bringing someone in, but it makes more sense for it to only be a few targeted players. These are guys who've mostly already flubbed out of the league, and will be more in line for workouts than to take up roster spots, and only get a shot after said workout. The reason why the undrafted kids get spots is because you can't work them all out. You give them a spot or lose them to another team. Odds are, most of these guys will be staying right where they are, and be soon joined by more of this year's crop. 

Just watch the tape on Summers. At minimum he could help out on ST immediately.