Cole World

Ed Oliver measurements are in

125 posts in this topic

His wingspan is 77 3/8 ", in comparison Isiah Oliver is 80 5/8". 

Oliver's arm length is 31 3/4 " and Vic Beasley is 32 1/2" ... Jarrett is 32 3/8"

Make of it what you wish

My ideal draft would be:

Oliver at 14

The best OG remaining in round 2 (one we hopefully can let fall to us; note “ideal”)

My realistic draft:

Ford/Wilkins/Oliver

Best remaining of DL or OG depending in the round 1 pick

We got 5 picks rounds 3-5 to trade up for higher round 3 or 4 picks if someone is falling so as to acquire another “our guy” worth obtaining for a pick or two less in the draft.

2 hours ago, falconidae said:

You know how much difference a Rod Coleman would make to this team? They could finally get an effective pass rush with the front four.

It would legitimately not surprise me if Atlanta traded up for Oliver if he fell to 10 and we get a deal that isn’t the most horrible; if DQ likes him as much as it’s possible he does. Depends on the price to move up from 14 to 10-11 etc.

1 minute ago, mtldirtybird said:

His wingspan is 77 3/8 ", in comparison Isiah Oliver is 80 5/8". 

Oliver's arm length is 31 3/4 " and Vic Beasley is 32 1/2" ... Jarrett is 32 3/8"

Make of it what you wish

Yea that's kinda ummm alarming lol.. Wonder why everybody wants two 3-Techs playing next to each other anyway??

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

5 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

My ideal draft would be:

Oliver at 14

The best OG remaining in round 2 (one we hopefully can let fall to us; note “ideal”)

My realistic draft:

Ford/Wilkins/Oliver

We got 5 picks rounds 3-5 to trade up for higher round 3 or 4 picks if someone is falling so as to acquire another “our guy” worth obtaining for a pick or two less in the draft.

Wilkins/Jenkins for 2020

Schwarzwald likes this

3 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

LOL, now we call laying down...logic.

Quitters will forever be camouflaging their willingness to quit for a payoff by using coverup words like logic, ego, real world, etc. :rolleyes:

So lame.  Quitter excuse DENIED!

Quitters? You guy's comments on how much team DON'T tank in the NFL is laughable. It's called strategic losses. And if you think that's not a strategy employed by franchises' in certain years where they feel it will help them get their guy you're smoking crack. The smart GMs are scouting guy's wayyy before they declare lol. Jesus call me a Strategic Loser not a tanker pls!!!

NeonDeion and vitaman like this

3 minutes ago, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

Quitters? You guy's comments on how much team DON'T tank in the NFL is laughable. It's called strategic losses. And if you think that's not a strategy employed by franchises' in certain years where they feel it will help them get their guy you're smoking crack. The smart GMs are scouting guy's wayyy before they declare lol. Jesus call me a Strategic Loser not a tanker pls!!!

See strategic as in roster management.

See for me those 3 wins helped make decisions on players that are now on the roster as we speak and make other players who are let go let go.

Thats the reason why you just don’t throw games away in the league.A good example of this is Ty Sambrailo if it weren’t for a strong finish to the year RT would be an even bigger issue than it is now but because of that above mentioned we have that hole filled.

Vandy, Schwarzwald, Drew4719 and 1 other like this

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

See for me those 3 wins helped make decisions on players that are now on the roster as we speak and make other players who are let go let go.

Thats the reason why you just don’t throw games away in the league.A good example of this is Ty Sambrailo if it weren’t for a strong finish to the year RT would be an even bigger issue than it is now but because of that above mentioned we have that hole filled.

All that plus Quinn loses this team if we lose to Tampa and zona (at home), and cam-less panthers.

9 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

7 minutes ago, Vandy said:

All that plus Quinn loses this team if we lose to Tampa and zona (at home), and cam-less panthers.

As a "tanker", this is why you don't tank. I fully understand, strategically, why losing out would have benefitted us long term. But the realistic side is they just weren't. They would have had to intentionally tried to lose those games. They just weren't worse than Tampa, Arizona, and Carolina. If they were, we'd have bigger issues. And like Kiwi said, having real looks gave a guy like Sambrailo an opportunity to win a starting spot in the future. 

But still.... We could be picking top five lol

Vandy, kiwifalcon, Drew4719 and 1 other like this

20 minutes ago, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

Yea that's kinda ummm alarming lol.. Wonder why everybody wants two 3-Techs playing next to each other anyway??

Not totally sure. They need to re-watch the last ten or twenty Lombardi winners. The majority had a big 1T that anchored the middle. 

38 minutes ago, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

Pretty much every tanker agrees with this myth.

When asked to name a team that tanked none could.

Can you?

Drew4719 and Vandy like this

35 minutes ago, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

What teams tanked and when?  and losing for draft position IS the very definition of tanking, thanks. 

1 hour ago, Gold4425 said:

Most on this Board want Oliver but I think Christian Wilkins will serve our needs better.

Agreed. Not sold on Oliver. Seems smallish. And we've dealt with undersized for years.

2 hours ago, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

Nah, ur laughable.  Good luck with more coverup words...Mister strategic loser.

Hurry_Up_And_Buy likes this

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, falconidae said:

What teams tanked and when?  and losing for draft position IS the very definition of tanking, thanks. 

The Colts totally tanked to get Andrew Luck man c'mon... You guys are acting totally brand new sheesh! Whom else??? Let's seeeee... 

Edited by Hurry_Up_And_Buy

22 minutes ago, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

The Colts totally tanked to get Andrew Luck man c'mon... You guys are acting totally brand new sheesh! Whom else??? Let's seeeee... 

That's just more stupid fans like yourself, not actual teams

Next

31 minutes ago, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

You consider a reddit thread proof?

In 2012 the Colts had a new GM and a new HC as well as a new QB. You telling me the fired coach and GM tanked for the new guys? That's generous of them, don't you think?

That's more a proof  of why coaches and GMs don't tank.

So, you got anything besides fans on a messageboard as "proof"?

3 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

My ideal draft would be:

Oliver at 14

My realistic draft:

Ford/Wilkins/Oliver

Make it:

1. Wilkins/Oliver/Sweat

2. Lindstrom/Jenkins/McCoy

And I’m good with however it plays out after that with

RB/CB/DL/WR

As positions needing to be drafted

Schwarzwald likes this

If Oliver is there at 14 I would call a couple of teams who have the hots for him and see what I could extol.

An extra 2nd would go a long way to fill some holes.

Hurry_Up_And_Buy likes this

On 3/1/2019 at 1:41 PM, Falconsin2012 said:

AD light would be my call.  Not a 20 sack guy...but an elite run defender and 10 sack guy

Conversation

Titans wanted Ed Oliver to play linebacker here said that is fine he will do those positional drills here at combine 'I can play anywhere literally on the front seven. I'm a penetrator.' Says he can make an Aaron Donald type of impact
FalconsIn2012 and Drew4719 like this

3 minutes ago, Cole World said:

•  

DGyjBOw3_bigger.jpg

Ed Oliver: 32 reps on the bench press

• DGyjBOw3_bigger.jpg

Before his last rep, Oliver yelled at the spotter and told him not to take the weight from him. Goat.

Best player in the draft 

Cole World likes this

On 3/1/2019 at 9:42 AM, g-dawg said:

Shut up my good  friend - with respect.

At least we beat the panther!!!1!!!

On 01/03/2019 at 10:05 PM, vel said:

Wilkins/Jenkins for 2020

Jenkins? Sorry, not up to date with anything past this year.