Cole World

Ed Oliver measurements are in

125 posts in this topic

Just now, RubberDucky said:

Then why'd you turn it into a tanker thread?

If I could time travel back two hours ago, and right the wrongs of the world,  then I would take it back.  In the meantime,

Related image

FalconsIn2012 and Vandy like this

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

If I could time travel back two hours ago, and right the wrongs of the world,  then I would take it back.  In the meantime,

Related image

LOL, I realized you had taken enough of a beating and edited it. you caught it before I could finish.

Edited by RubberDucky
FalconsIn2012 and g-dawg like this

2 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Warming on Wilkins a lot. He and Grady next to each other would be a nightmare for QBs. Really wish he'd play with more power, but he has versatility in spades.

That's the only complaint I have as well. He seems to play "soft" at times. Not the best word to use, but he's truly more gap shooter than stout anchor. Which is fine if you understand that going in

FalconsIn2012 likes this

3 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

I'm with you Vel...you hating on me in the Bradberry thread...but I've been a Wilkins fan for awhile...actual all 4 of the starters on that DL...I think Bryant could be a solid Base DE for us in the 3rd round...

I'd take Oliver at 14...I actually think its a 50/50 shot...that 287 and shorter stature will have a few teams shy away...hes not Aaron Donald...and he went #12?...A good majority of teams wont view him as  Base De or 5T in 3-4...so its gonna take a coach/GM taht is comfortable with him being a 1st rounder at the 3T that is also undersized...This is why I think WIlkins will go ahead of him...IMO

Yea I could see Wilkins going to the Lions or the Bills before Oliver. I will admit, me warming up to Wilkins is VERY recent lol so I could have very well been behind you on the Wilkins train. I think part of it is because he's been around forever it seems. 

1 hour ago, vel said:

Yep. I think he's going to have the highest CT score on their board. He's starting to remind me of when Spoon was the perfect fit to us and everybody just accepted it after the Senior Bowl. I think Wilkins to Atlanta will be trending here very soon. Especially after FA dies down. 

I like Wilkins, but I hope his knees are better than 'Spoon's if he ends up here.

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

Yeah, wouldn’t be a bad pick at all.

If Oliver gone,  either Cody Ford or Christian Wilkins wouldn’t be a bad consolation prize.

Yea I'll be shocked if all three are gone by our pick. If they are gone... trade the F back because some top ten pass rushers and maybe good Qbs will be on the board.

Vandy, Schwarzwald and g-dawg like this

1 hour ago, vel said:

Yep. I think he's going to have the highest CT score on their board. He's starting to remind me of when Spoon was the perfect fit to us and everybody just accepted it after the Senior Bowl. I think Wilkins to Atlanta will be trending here very soon. Especially after FA dies down. 

Wilkins fills a need.  Oliver is Grady Jarrett.  Would love either player, though

Schwarzwald and Vandy like this

2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Oh no the tanker boys are starting to come out already. Just wait til the draft when these guys start coming off the board. We'll have to put up with extreme tanker whine. When will they realize the NFL is not a tanking league? I say never. The only tankers are TATF Madden Fantasy Draft Nuts and losers. Not NFL coaches and players.

Because the Falcons won their last three games this guy is going to be a great defensive tackle. Meanwhile the team is trying to sign a 5th rounder to an 18 million dollar plus extension...

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

Would be very happy with either. Both could really help this team. I'm really intrigued to see how Senat is featured too - I think he could improve leaps and bounds heading into this season.

Whoever we have - I'm just glad theyre joining a team that doesn't allow a losing mentality to sneak in, and that they're joining a team on the start of a very length win streak :]

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Yeah, don’t see Oliver falling outside the Top 10.

On the bright side, the Falcons had that 3 game sizzling winning streak to close the season 7-9.

I see what u did there

g-dawg likes this

1 hour ago, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

This is the difference between us TATFers who are LOGIC based versus those whom are emotion based. There's an obvious bias between these two types on this board but I think deep down we all want the same thing. That being said winning that last game against Tampa was asinine. The coach and the gm should have put their pride to the side and pulled back. But yet again we see EGO trumps COMMON SENSE in this particular part of the World. People would rather be make-believe winners racking up meaningless data, stats, material goods and fair-weather fans/onlookers instead of accepting that they have done a subpar job maybe professional or personally. Losing that last game was a no-brainer in terms of LOGIC not emotion. This is why the culture is so weak here imo. You can't be a winner in every phase of life nor football. You have to be able to be a loser/villain/bad-guy/antagonist AT SOME POINT. Anybody who believes otherwise is a soft, soft person and probably doesn't agree with much going on in the real world.

LMAO. Quinn and Kutty discussed that game in Kutty's interview. They both were playing for jobs and trying to "kick each other's as". Aint nobody tankin in the NFL bro. Trust me. The Suck For Luck Colts didn't even tank. Tank on tanker.

Schwarzwald, Vandy and HASHBROWN3 like this

1 hour ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

Not just that...but I’m not sure declaring for the 2019 NFL Draft in March 2018 while also getting into a sideline shouting match with your HC screams ‘Brotherhood’...

I have to admit, that had been bothering me for a while.

3 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Oh no the tanker boys are starting to come out already. Just wait til the draft when these guys start coming off the board. We'll have to put up with extreme tanker whine. When will they realize the NFL is not a tanking league? I say never. The only tankers are TATF Madden Fantasy Draft Nuts and losers. Not NFL coaches and players.

And they look as stupid as ever.  Go ahead & keep up the tanker horse manure you clowns!  Bring it, we need some more laughs!  :lol:

3 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I think he is the best player in this draft so long as he maintains his explosiveness at 290 pounds

ADish maybe more explosive

1 minute ago, Atl Falcon said:

ADish maybe more explosive

AD light would be my call.  Not a 20 sack guy...but an elite run defender and 10 sack guy

Jeez yall. Whether you wanted to tank or not it doesn't make any worse or better of a fan. There were tangible benifits to winning and losing at the end of the year last year so everyone chill out. 

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

Yeah, wouldn’t be a bad pick at all.

If Oliver gone,  either Cody Ford or Christian Wilkins wouldn’t be a bad consolation prize.

Wouldn't even call it a consolation prize. Both guys could end up being perennial probowlers. 

Ford looks like a nasty RG or RT for next 10 years. He's the guy you run behind for a tough 3rd and 1. 

Wilkins is just all production. Dude been performing and performing well in big games since a freshman. I actually favor him over Donald. 

Personally in the NFL...there has very very rarely been a 285 lbs DT that was a monster at the NFL level. 300 lbs is usually the benchmark. There are some great guys around that size in NFL with Grady and McCoy being around 305. Dont discount the 20 lbs difference. There is only 1 Aaron donald. 

g-dawg likes this

1 hour ago, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

This is the difference between us TATFers who are LOGIC based versus those whom are emotion based. There's an obvious bias between these two types on this board but I think deep down we all want the same thing. That being said winning that last game against Tampa was asinine. The coach and the gm should have put their pride to the side and pulled back. But yet again we see EGO trumps COMMON SENSE in this particular part of the World. People would rather be make-believe winners racking up meaningless data, stats, material goods and fair-weather fans/onlookers instead of accepting that they have done a subpar job maybe professional or personally. Losing that last game was a no-brainer in terms of LOGIC not emotion. This is why the culture is so weak here imo. You can't be a winner in every phase of life nor football. You have to be able to be a loser/villain/bad-guy/antagonist AT SOME POINT. Anybody who believes otherwise is a soft, soft person and probably doesn't agree with much going on in the real world.

LOL, now we call laying down...logic.

Quitters will forever be camouflaging their willingness to quit for a payoff by using coverup words like logic, ego, real world, etc. :rolleyes:

So lame.  Quitter excuse DENIED!

Stryka, HouseofEuphoria and Vandy like this

19 minutes ago, Stryka said:

Wouldn't even call it a consolation prize. Both guys could end up being perennial probowlers. 

Ford looks like a nasty RG or RT for next 10 years. He's the guy you run behind for a tough 3rd and 1. 

Wilkins is just all production. Dude been performing and performing well in big games since a freshman. I actually favor him over Donald. 

Personally in the NFL...there has very very rarely been a 285 lbs DT that was a monster at the NFL level. 300 lbs is usually the benchmark. There are some great guys around that size in NFL with Grady and McCoy being around 305. Dont discount the 20 lbs difference. There is only 1 Aaron donald. 

Basically Aaron Donald and John Randle. That's about it. Out of maybe 600 DTs drafted in the last 30 years.

Stryka likes this

23 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Basically Aaron Donald and John Randle. That's about it. Out of maybe 600 DTs drafted in the last 30 years.

This has been my point all along...

Olivers ceiling is Rod Coleman at best...That’s reality...not opinion

2 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Wilkins fills a need.  Oliver is Grady Jarrett.  Would love either player, though

Why are folks thinking having two Grady Jarrett’s paired together at DT is somehow a bad thing? 

FalconsIn2012 and falconidae like this

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Why are folks thinking having two Grady Jarrett’s paired at DT is a bad thing? 

I don’t.  Just need a 3rd down run stuffing DT