Cole World

Ed Oliver measurements are in

125 posts in this topic

Always felt like Oliver at 14 was a pipe dream.  This happens every year where mocks get people's hopes up and then the combine hits.  Mocks before the combine really seem pointless.  Mocks before FA even seem pointless because so much changes.

Oh well, glad for him.  He is going to make some top 10 team very happy.  I'm warming to Wilkins thanks to my man @vel

FalconsIn2012 likes this

1 minute ago, Yo_Lover said:

Did I hurt your feelings? Do you need some milk? 

Grow up.  Act like an adult.  

59 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Yeah, don’t see Oliver falling outside the Top 10.

On the bright side, the Falcons had that 3 game sizzling winning streak to close the season 7-9.

If we lost those 3 games it would be an indictment of this franchise.  You lose to Arizona & Carolina, we have bigger issues than just DT & OG.  

I know the logic you’re using, but I’ll take the wins.  

I mean, how could we have lost to Arizona & Carolina?  Intentional fumbles?

1 minute ago, Falconsin2012 said:

If we lost those 3 games it would be an indictment of this franchise.  You lose to Arizona & Carolina, we have bigger issues than just DT & OG.  

I know the logic you’re using, but I’ll take the wins.  

I mean, how could we have lost to Arizona & Carolina?  Intentional fumbles?

I really didn’t mean to derail the thread and regret saying it.  I never expect players to try and lose games.

30 minutes ago, vel said:

Fine with me. I like Oliver. If he's there at #14 and they take him, cool. But recently I've been getting in touch with my Wilkins side. 6'3 315lb freak 

I wouldn’t be surprised if Wilkins was higher on the Falcons board than Oliver at the end...

vel, wuskillzz and FalconsIn2012 like this

Just now, ike barn87987 said:

I don't think Oliver or Ford will be there at 14. I think we trade up for Oliver. 14 is too high for Wilkins IMO.

How is #14 too high for Wilkins? After Quinnen and Oliver, he's the next best DT. If those two go top ten, Wilkins is there next. 

FalconsIn2012 likes this

3 minutes ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Wilkins was higher on the Falcons board than Oliver at the end...

I think so too. If we didn't have Jarrett, Oliver makes a ton of sense. But that's too little size and with DQ saying he wants to get bigger and nastier, Oliver isn't checking one of those boxes unfortunately. 

FalconsIn2012 likes this

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Oh no the tanker boys are starting to come out already. Just wait til the draft when these guys start coming off the board. We'll have to put up with extreme tanker whine. When will they realize the NFL is not a tanking league? I say never. The only tankers are TATF Madden Fantasy Draft Nuts and losers. Not NFL coaches and players.

We knew they would!

HASHBROWN3 likes this

2 minutes ago, vel said:

I think so too. If we didn't have Jarrett, Oliver makes a ton of sense. But that's too little size and with DQ saying he wants to get bigger and nastier, Oliver isn't checking one of those boxes unfortunately. 

Not just that...but I’m not sure declaring for the 2019 NFL Draft in March 2018 while also getting into a sideline shouting match with your HC screams ‘Brotherhood’...

Meanwhile, Wilkins - who had first round buzz last year, goes back to school despite already having a ring - improves his game even more while being one of the central leaders (not to mention producers) on a team that winds up destroying Bama in the National Championship.

hjerry, mountain_jim3, vel and 5 others like this

3 minutes ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

Not just that...but I’m not sure declaring for the 2019 NFL Draft in March 2018 while also getting into a sideline shouting match with your HC screams ‘Brotherhood’...

Meanwhile, Wilkins - who had first round buzz last year, goes back to school despite already having a ring - improves his game even more while being one of the central leaders (not to mention producers) on a team that winds up destroying Bama in the National Championship.

Yep. I think he's going to have the highest CT score on their board. He's starting to remind me of when Spoon was the perfect fit to us and everybody just accepted it after the Senior Bowl. I think Wilkins to Atlanta will be trending here very soon. Especially after FA dies down. 

I think its time to start building our defensive line to be more like the Saints and Cowboys rather than trying to look for the next Aaron Donald. Give me that 93 from the Saints before any one else.  That guy is a freak. 

Not understanding how anyone gets mad for folks pointing out that the Falcons missed an opportunity to draft a game changing talent because the team decided to play our hardest when the games didn't matter. Fact is a top 10 draft pick coupled with the return of our injured players would have been a gigantic boost. 

Not crying because it didn't happen, but it is a missed opportunity nonetheless. 

Anyway, I'm not completely sure Cody Ford lasts until  our pick either. 

g-dawg, ZoneOne01 and rugger8 like this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Oh no the tanker boys are starting to come out already. Just wait til the draft when these guys start coming off the board. We'll have to put up with extreme tanker whine. When will they realize the NFL is not a tanking league? I say never. The only tankers are TATF Madden Fantasy Draft Nuts and losers. Not NFL coaches and players.

This is the difference between us TATFers who are LOGIC based versus those whom are emotion based. There's an obvious bias between these two types on this board but I think deep down we all want the same thing. That being said winning that last game against Tampa was asinine. The coach and the gm should have put their pride to the side and pulled back. But yet again we see EGO trumps COMMON SENSE in this particular part of the World. People would rather be make-believe winners racking up meaningless data, stats, material goods and fair-weather fans/onlookers instead of accepting that they have done a subpar job maybe professional or personally. Losing that last game was a no-brainer in terms of LOGIC not emotion. This is why the culture is so weak here imo. You can't be a winner in every phase of life nor football. You have to be able to be a loser/villain/bad-guy/antagonist AT SOME POINT. Anybody who believes otherwise is a soft, soft person and probably doesn't agree with much going on in the real world.

Edited by Hurry_Up_And_Buy

3 minutes ago, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

This is the difference between us TATFers who are LOGIC based versus those whom are emotion based. There's an obvious bias between these two types on this board but I think deep down we all want the same thing. That being said winning that last game against Tampa was asinine. The coach and the gm should have put their pride to the side and pulled back. But yet again we see EGO trumps COMMON SENSE in this particular part of the World. People would rather be make-believe winners racking up meaningless data, stats, material goods and fair-weather people instead of accepting that they have done a subpar job maybe professional or personally. Losing that last game was a no-brainer in terms of LOGIC not emotion. 

That's not what logic is.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Mescalito said:

So glad we won those last three games.  :ninja:

For the record, I didn't want the Falcons to tank and never did.  I'm not an idiot and know that in the NFL teams aren't going to lose on purpose.  Players are playing for their next contract no matter what the record is, coaches are coaching for their jobs etc.  I was just sort of hoping that those last three games would be close but we would somehow lose, maybe by a field goal or something.  I knew that we would be better this year getting the injured guys back and just to have the added benefit of drafting where we normally would have had no business drafting, in the top ten, would have been pretty awesome.  Don't get me wrong, it's hard to kinda want the Falcons to lose and feels unnatural; I was just looking towards the future in a lost year.  It would have been a **** good opportunity and I'm not sure it would have been THAT bad for morale to lose the last three games and wouldn't have been an indictment of our coaches.  I mean, we only won 7 games anyway...

I knew the Falcons would win those last three games though.  Just knew it.  

Edited by Mescalito
vitaman and Hurry_Up_And_Buy like this

I'm not trying to derail either.  Just wanted to give my opinion on how I felt about the last three games.  Not that anyone cares anyway.

48 minutes ago, vel said:

Yep. I think he's going to have the highest CT score on their board. He's starting to remind me of when Spoon was the perfect fit to us and everybody just accepted it after the Senior Bowl. I think Wilkins to Atlanta will be trending here very soon. Especially after FA dies down. 

Warming on Wilkins a lot. He and Grady next to each other would be a nightmare for QBs. Really wish he'd play with more power, but he has versatility in spades.

wuskillzz, Drew4719, vel and 1 other like this

1 hour ago, vel said:

How is #14 too high for Wilkins? After Quinnen and Oliver, he's the next best DT. If those two go top ten, Wilkins is there next. 

I'm with you Vel...you hating on me in the Bradberry thread...but I've been a Wilkins fan for awhile...actual all 4 of the starters on that DL...I think Bryant could be a solid Base DE for us in the 3rd round...

I'd take Oliver at 14...I actually think its a 50/50 shot...that 287 and shorter stature will have a few teams shy away...hes not Aaron Donald...and he went #12?...A good majority of teams wont view him as  Base De or 5T in 3-4...so its gonna take a coach/GM taht is comfortable with him being a 1st rounder at the 3T that is also undersized...This is why I think WIlkins will go ahead of him...IMO

Schwarzwald and vel like this