Cole World

Ed Oliver measurements are in

125 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Cole World said:
  • SkvFS4w2_bigger.jpg

• Ed Oliver HT: 6-1 7/8 WT: 287 Hand: 9 2/8 Arm: 31 6/8 Solid measurements for the former Houston DT. He’s a top-5 talent in this class.

He always was. No idea how he's been projected to fall anywhere near 14. Ed is a monster. 

14 minutes ago, Artys Arryn said:

He always was. No idea how he's been projected to fall anywhere near 14. Ed is a monster. 

I think he is the best player in this draft so long as he maintains his explosiveness at 290 pounds

Artys Arryn and Atl Falcon like this

Yea with Simmons messing his knee up- I think Oliver goes before our pick now. The only way I see him falling is if there some serious risers at the combine or a real run on DEs and QBs at the draft. Otherwise I think he is a lock for top 10. Also the DT/DE from Michigan will be the wild card here- i don't like him but other teams might go for him and push some other really good players to our spot. I think for the first time in a while we might be in a great spot to trade back a few spots and pick up an extra pick or two and still get our guy. 

21 minutes ago, Artys Arryn said:

I love him as an athlete and would be happy to have him but still favor the bigger guys next to Grady.  We get who we get.

I agree he's a top 5 talent. This isn't necessarily good news for us. He came out of HS weighing 289lbs, so I never really had any concerns he can play at that weight or more.

Falcons will now most likely not be getting Ed Oliver. HOWEVER, making a big step towards fixing our offensive line in round 1 with a top OL prospect sounds great anyways...

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

Oh no the tanker boys are starting to come out already. Just wait til the draft when these guys start coming off the board. We'll have to put up with extreme tanker whine. When will they realize the NFL is not a tanking league? I say never. The only tankers are TATF Madden Fantasy Draft Nuts and losers. Not NFL coaches and players.

11 minutes ago, FalconBlood said:

Falcons will now most likely not be getting Ed Oliver. HOWEVER, making a big step towards fixing our offensive line in round 1 with a top OL prospect sounds great anyways...

Yeah, give me OG/OT Cody Ford and call an end to Day#1.

Down payment on a physical OL.

7 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Oh no the tanker boys are starting to come out already. Just wait til the draft when these guys start coming off the board. We'll have to put up with extreme tanker whine. When will they realize the NFL is not a tanking league? I say never. The only tankers are TATF Madden Fantasy Draft Nuts and losers. Not NFL coaches and players.

Shut up my good  friend - with respect.

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

Shut up my friend 

I agree with FFS1970. I wouldn’t trade those 3 wins to end the season for anything. Somewhere there’s a Falcons fan who enjoyed those games that won’t be around for the start of the season.

2 minutes ago, Drew4719 said:

I agree with FFS1970. I wouldn’t trade those 3 wins to end the season for anything. Somewhere there’s a Falcons fan who enjoyed those games that won’t be around for the start of the season.

Yeah, I have to agree, anyone complaining about us winning "meaningless" games, because it hurt our draft position is not a real fan, and not a fan I want rooting for my team. Go be a Saints fan, pansy

5 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Yeah, I have to agree, anyone complaining about us winning "meaningless" games, because it hurt our draft position is not a real fan, and not a fan I want rooting for my team. Go be a Saints fan, pansy

Please stop.  This thread is for talking NFL prospects and Ed Oliver.

Stryka and vel like this

11 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Oh that's what you meant. Yeah, that's fine. Just say that in the original post next time. It came off like you were disagreeing there. yeah, I have no problem with stopping.

If that's really what you want though, I'd delete that comment from your first post. Otherwise, it's only only going to cause more responses, and honestly comes off as a double standard from you here. Do that, and I'll gladly delete my post entirely. 

Just now, vel said:

Fine with me. I like Oliver. If he's there at #14 and they take him, cool. But recently I've been getting in touch with my Wilkins side. 6'3 315lb freak 

I'm the biggest Oliver fan you'll find but Wilkins isn't far behind him in my opinion. We need to stay at 14 and let the draft come to us. Between Oliver, Wilkins, and Ford, there will be an impact player available. 

Schwarzwald, NeonDeion, vel and 3 others like this

5 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Oh that's what you meant. Yeah, that's fine. Just say that in the original post next time. It came off like you were disagreeing there. yeah, I have no problem with stopping.

If that's really what you want though, I'd delete that comment from your first post. Otherwise, it's only only going to cause more responses, and honestly comes off as a double standard from you here. Do that, and I'll gladly delete my post entirely. 

Yeah, I opened my big mouth.  My bad.

youngbloodz and Vandy like this

19 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Says the guy who started the *****ing about is winning an extra three games. :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, vel said:

Fine with me. I like Oliver. If he's there at #14 and they take him, cool. But recently I've been getting in touch with my Wilkins side. 6'3 315lb freak 

Yeah, wouldn’t be a bad pick at all.

If Oliver gone,  either Cody Ford or Christian Wilkins wouldn’t be a bad consolation prize.

Mescalito and Stryka like this

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

Says the guy who started the *****ing about is winning an extra three games. :rolleyes:

Read above.

5 minutes ago, Artys Arryn said:

I'm the biggest Oliver fan you'll find but Wilkins isn't far behind him in my opinion. We need to stay at 14 and let the draft come to us. Between Oliver, Wilkins, and Ford, there will be an impact player available. 

Yep. I think Wilkins makes the most sense because you get the versatility DQ likes. You get a 1T, 3T, and SDE all in one. He's highly athletic, a championship pedigree, and just brings it.

8 minutes ago, Artys Arryn said:

I approve this message