Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SacFalcFan

Nick Saban's last-ditch effort to keep Mack Wilson at Alabama rang hollow to linebacker's camp.

8 posts in this topic

My only thought is that for some players they don’t take off until their senior year. 

Some guys just don’t click until the fourth year. Our with more than a year as starter. 

On 3/1/2019 at 8:59 AM, The Great American said:

“You’ve had him three years. What are you going to do in a year that you haven’t done in three?” Dowell asked Saban. “He couldn’t answer.”

Great response!!!!  

He probably thought it was a stupid question . I mean really, why does any player from any school not leave as a junior? They have things to learn.

He could learn to read defenses better, develop more skills specific to his position, increase strength,  all of this to improve his draft stock.

I have serious doubts Mack goes in the first. I hope so for his sake.

The Great American likes this

On 3/5/2019 at 4:23 PM, BamaBirdLady said:

He probably thought it was a stupid question . I mean really, why does any player from any school not leave as a junior? They have things to learn.

He could learn to read defenses better, develop more skills specific to his position, increase strength,  all of this to improve his draft stock.

I have serious doubts Mack goes in the first. I hope so for his sake.

Most have him in the second or third.

2 hours ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

Most have him in the second or third.

which is good enough to leave early.. as long as a player is a top 3 round pick IMO he should leave early unless it's a qb with limited years playing..  i think the mom was correct in the question to Saban.  Mack Wilson has played enough that he should have moved on.  he can learn what he needs to at the next level.. the big money now is that 2nd contract and the sooner he can get to that the better for him and his family.  also no one truly knows his family's money situation so there is probably a good reason he moved on. 

20 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

which is good enough to leave early.. as long as a player is a top 3 round pick IMO he should leave early unless it's a qb with limited years playing..  i think the mom was correct in the question to Saban.  Mack Wilson has played enough that he should have moved on.  he can learn what he needs to at the next level.. the big money now is that 2nd contract and the sooner he can get to that the better for him and his family.  also no one truly knows his family's money situation so there is probably a good reason he moved on. 

I don't know. The 14th pick of Falcons is projected to make, with signing bonus, 2.7 million. The 45th pick by Falcons is projected to make with bonus, 1.2 million. I am not sure about you, but 1.5 million dollars is a big deal.

No doubt the second contract is the big deal, but there is risk that you might not get it, also risk to play another year in college. I guess you just have to decide what is best for you. Saban normally suggested his guys wait until they are 1st rounders if they want to leave early.