Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cole World

Cody Ford met with the Falcons

103 posts in this topic

On 2/28/2019 at 5:47 PM, g-dawg said:

This makes me happy.   I am  really high on Cody Ford right now.    He is the type of butt-kicker we need to change the offensive line.  We need a dominator.

If you go to jail and this guy is your cellmate, you might as well start wearing dresses :lol:

Related image

How do you post photos!?

7 minutes ago, BleedBlack&Red said:

How do you post photos!?

Edit copy - on photo

Edit paste - in TATF in the thread 

fairly simple 

1 hour ago, Romfal said:

20 reps at pro day versus 19 at the combine. I'm calling ******** on him having 'tightness in his shoulder' at the combine as the reason he stopped

He may be lying but you don't have to have 20/20 vision to see that his upper body isn't terribly developed. 

I'm reminded of fellow former Sooner Gerald McCoy only doing 23 reps at the Combine and Bucs fans were apoplectic. Both McCoy and Ford have disproportionately big legs which is where they get their power from. 

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

Edit copy - on photo

Edit paste - in TATF in the thread 

fairly simple 

Won't allow on my mobile

On 2/28/2019 at 5:52 PM, shock said:

I’d be thrilled with Ford. 

He is the player I'd like for us to get if we don't take a OL in the first round...,,, Now,, I think that we could trade down in the first if we peg him as our pick...  Or we could keep our fist pick which is probably what we will do,, and we could use another pick to trade up for him if need be.

Just now, Draftnut57 said:

He is the player I'd like for us to get if we don't take a OL in the first round...,,, Now,, I think that we could trade down in the first if we peg him as our pick...  Or we could keep our fist pick which is probably what we will do,, and we could use another pick to trade up for him if need be.

You're not trading down and landing ford

Vandy likes this

4 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

You're not trading down and landing ford

At 14, we might could trade down a few picks and still get him.... I mean nobody knows really until the draft gets here..

Schwarzwald likes this

8 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

At 14, we might could trade down a few picks and still get him.... I mean nobody knows really until the draft gets here..

I promise you he won't make it past 17.

32 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

I promise you he won't make it past 17.

Well as I said in the post you replyed to,, {we might can trade down a few picks} 3 is considered a few by most NFL fans.. :mmmhmm:

6 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Well as I said in the post you replyed to,, {we might can trade down a few picks} 3 is considered a few by most NFL fans.. :mmmhmm:

Bethe won't make it past 16 since you wanna get technical

Lol @ people thinking low bench reps have anything to do with anything. High volume reps only relates to endurance, not strength. 

37 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Bethe won't make it past 16 since you wanna get technical

He is technically ranked 18 and has dropped down 2 in the new up date on rankings .. So ,, IN the first round that is a big deal, not so much in the lower rounds... But still is proof we could IMO trade down and still get him and another pick latter in the draft... He's not my first choice at OL,, But he may end up better than I give him credit ';  For the pick ,, I'd love for us to take Chris Lindstrom OL... Can play both positions... and for the pick, I THINK HE'S  the best deal.

5 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

He is technically ranked 18 and has dropped down 2 in the new up date on rankings .. So ,, IN the first round that is a big deal, not so much in the lower rounds... But still is proof we could IMO trade down and still get him and another pick latter in the draft... He's not my first choice at OL,, But he may end up better than rankings.

That is not proof we can trade back :lol: that's gotta be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Just because some random *** site you use says he's 18th best doesn't mean he will last all the way to 18.

2 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

That is not proof we can trade back :lol: that's gotta be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Just because some random *** site you use says he's 18th best doesn't mean he will last all the way to 18.

It's NFL.com ,,, they are the most reliable ...  Doesn't really matter ,, He'll go where ever he is picked..I have 4 OL on my board and he is number 4 That is including Lindstrom who is ranked around 45 and is really who I want.. for the pick ,, I think he will be a great pro. I'd like for us the get the best edge available with our first rounder.

It's NFL.com ,,, they are the most reliable ...  Doesn't really matter ,, He'll go where ever he is picked..I have 4 OL on my board and he is number 4 That is including Lindstrom who is ranked around 45 and is really who I want.. for the pick ,, I think he will be a great pro. I'd like for us the get the best edge available with our first rounder.

You can rank him wherever. You thought hill was a good back so...

13 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

You can rank him wherever. You thought hill was a good back so...

How do you know he's not a good back?? You don't ,, and the last game last year , the one chance he got,, he played like a beast... Just because they waited till the last game we played ,, don't mean he can't play like that consistantly ,,, That's the only chance he had, and he played like a road grader... Go watch it if you didn't get to see it.

10 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

How do you know he's not a good back?? You don't ,, and the last game last year , the one chance he got,, he played like a beast... Just because they waited till the last game we played ,, don't mean he can't play like that consistantly ,,, That's the only chance he had, and he played like a road grader... Go watch it if you didn't get to see it.

30 yards, wow. Real beast. 3.75 ypc, got me shaking in my boots.

21 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

30 yards, wow. Real beast. 3.75 ypc, got me shaking in my boots.

The last game of the season is the only time he got a chance.. of playing any amount of time.. to talk about,, And when he got the chance , that game,, He rushed 8 times for 115 yards in Week 16 win over the Panthers... You must have his average over every game he played and what few chances he had before that game,, I don't know where you got that number..  By the way,, that's over 14 yards a carry... in the only game he's really had to show what he can do by getting to play enough to see what he can do,, He showed up and showed out,, Yeah, I'm steal a Brian Hill fan,, big time,, and his #1 fan on this site,, most know that.

The last game of the season is the only time he got a chance.. of playing any amount of time.. to talk about,, And when he got the chance , that game,, He rushed 8 times for 115 yards in Week 16 win over the Panthers... You must have his average over every game he played and what few chances he had before that game,, I don't know where you got that number..  By the way,, that's over 14 yards a carry... in the only game he's really had to show what he can do by getting to play enough to see what he can do,, He showed up and showed out,, Yeah, I'm steal a Brian Hill fan,, big time,, and his #1 fan on this site,, most know that.

You forgot about week 17 didn't you.

This is really the first time in a while that I can say the falcons appear serious about both lines. I honestly hope this continues because I’d love to see what may can do when he has time to reach his third read. I’d like to get a tag team partner for Jarrett at dt in free agency so we can truly go bpa. It just feels like we are covering holes in free agency and I’m starting to suspect a trade up scenario. Any prospects you guys are willing to move up 3-6 spots for? Cb or lb in play here with our selection?

17 hours ago, Summerhill said:

He may be lying but you don't have to have 20/20 vision to see that his upper body isn't terribly developed. 

I'm reminded of fellow former Sooner Gerald McCoy only doing 23 reps at the Combine and Bucs fans were apoplectic. Both McCoy and Ford have disproportionately big legs which is where they get their power from. 

19 and 20 are only bad on Madden

11 hours ago, Falcanuck said:

Lol @ people thinking low bench reps have anything to do with anything. High volume reps only relates to endurance, not strength. 

19 and 20 aren’t bad to begin with

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

Board is going to implode when we go LB or CB with 1st pick.

My guess would be that is about a 5% chance of happening... Either OL or DL ,, I think it will be best  DL  available and in the 2nd round I think we'll get OG/OT Chris Lindstrom ,,  maybe better said,, I hope so...

30 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

My guess would be that is about a 5% chance of happening... Either OL or DL ,, I think it will be best  DL  available and in the 2nd round I think we'll get OG/OT Chris Lindstrom ,,  maybe better said,, I hope so...

I hope so too but if that kid from LSU is there it's going to be tough for DQ to pass up.