Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cole World

Cody Ford met with the Falcons

103 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, vafalconfan said:

He would be my choice if we go O line. He's big and can play guard or right tackle.

My choice tooo .. he has that dog in him too.... Trying to choke slam every dude he is blocking at the end of the play

g-dawg likes this

4 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

If you think Ford is a finesse guy you're nuts

Not sure how you took my post as referring to Ford. I was referring to our current situation bud. Thanks for playing

1 hour ago, tywreezy33 said:

Not sure how you took my post as referring to Ford. I was referring to our current situation bud. Thanks for playing

1) you're in a Cody Ford thread

2) you quoted no one so the post is easily interpreted as referring to Ford when you say "these finesse guys"

3) the posts above you were discussing Ford benching 19 reps

The condescending spiel doesn't work when you're blatantly vague. 

16 hours ago, Cole World said:

MaAIgBaS_bigger.jpg

·
4h

#Oklahoma OL Cody Ford felt some tightness in his shoulder after rep 15, his agent Chris Coy said, explaining why he had the long pause on his bench press today. He’s going to re-bench at his Pro Day on March 13th.

Sounds like hes injury prone. No Thanks :rolleyes::ninja:

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 11:39 AM, g-dawg said:

Not a fan of humor or sarcasm, I see.

My bad bro   -No purple font

6 minutes ago, Cole World said:

Oklahoma Sooner Pro Day 

one thing I don't think people take into account with bench press is long arms - the longer your arms, the harder it is to throw up tons  of bench press reps - but you want an offensive tackle w/ as long of arms as possible.

I will trade 4-8 bench press reps for another few inches of length on the arms.

2 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Yeah, sounds like the shoulder tightness thing was bogus. I do still like him, but I wonder if that might be viewed as an excuse by some scouts.

Yeah he is still a top prospect. A week and a few days is not enough time to recover 

6 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

one thing I don't think people take into account with bench press is long arms - the longer your arms, the harder it is to throw up tons  of bench press reps - but you want an offensive tackle w/ as long of arms as possible.

Yup..it’s why Bradbury was able to do so many.  Those extra 2 inches matter...just ask any woman :ninja:

Precyse likes this

9 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Thing is, while his arms were long (34"), they weren't THAT long. Cajuste threw up 32 reps with the same arm length. Elgton Jenkins did 29 with the same. Mitch Hyatt had longer with 28...ditto McGovern...and so on, and so forth.

Again. I like Ford. I don't think the bench reflects that poorly on him. But Ford making an excuse for it annoys me.

Smiler11 and vel like this

7 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Thing is, while his arms were long (34"), they weren't THAT long. Cajuste threw up 32 reps with the same arm length. Elgton Jenkins did 29 with the same. Mitch Hyatt had longer with 28...ditto McGovern...and so on, and so forth.

Again. I like Ford. I don't think the bench reflects that poorly on him. But Ford making an excuse for it annoys me.

but there is no direct correlation between bench press and effective play at the lines of scrimmage.   Sure, you would rather someone do more than less but it probably is not a "Top 5" factor even.   Some really, really good offensive tackles have put up pedestrian or worse bench press numbers.   Conversely, we have seen bench press monsters not be worth jack squat in the NFL.

6 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

but there is no direct correlation between bench press and effective play at the lines of scrimmage.   Sure, you would rather someone do more than less but it probably is not a "Top 5" factor even.   Some really, really good offensive tackles have put up pedestrian or worse bench press numbers.   Conversely, we have seen bench press monsters not be worth jack squat in the NFL.

I'll just redirect you to my own post you quoted, where I said I like him and that the bench doesn't reflect that poorly. Lmao.

The issue for me is what I view as an excuse. And again, I really like Ford. Still fine with him at 14. Just something I'd want us to ask about.

4 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I'll just redirect you to my own post you quoted, where I said I like him and that the bench doesn't reflect that poorly. Lmao.

The issue for me is what I view as an excuse. And again, I really like Ford. Still fine with him at 14. Just something I'd want us to ask about.

the tape will tell you if a player is strong or not - no worries.

mtldirtybird likes this

27 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I hate the arm length excuse for bench reps. We're talking inches, not feet. And like you said, guys with the same arm length had no issue putting up more. 

But agreed just looking at bench reps in a vacuum does nothing but check or not check a hypothetical box. He shows his strength on tape rep after rep. I want football players and he is one. 

Francis York Morgan likes this

I pray we land this kid but I know he's not going to be available in the second round because we are going DT/DE in the first.

mtldirtybird likes this

Ford is a player no matter how many times he bench presses. How many workout warriors are not good football players? I do think that shoulder is nagging him. 

mtldirtybird likes this

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Dexter Lawrence arms were 2 inches longer and he did 36...

Stol making excuses...the guys is soft at 330 and he clearly doesn’t put time in the weight room

He can’t play OG at the next level...

On 2/28/2019 at 4:28 PM, jfalconsp said:

To add:

Alabama State OT... perfect for the standard yearly WTF pick by TD... 

On 2/28/2019 at 5:47 PM, g-dawg said:

This makes me happy.   I am  really high on Cody Ford right now.    He is the type of butt-kicker we need to change the offensive line.  We need a dominator.

If you go to jail and this guy is your cellmate, you might as well start wearing dresses :lol:

Related image

Falcons MUST draft Cody Ford!!!

20 reps at pro day versus 19 at the combine. I'm calling ******** on him having 'tightness in his shoulder' at the combine as the reason he stopped

I would be estatic.

For once we would have what looks to be a good offensive line PLUS have depth. Ty as a Swing tackle. Fusco and Wes as backup Guards/Center.

1 hour ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

I would be estatic.

For once we would have what looks to be a good offensive line PLUS have depth. Ty as a Swing tackle. Fusco and Wes as backup Guards/Center.

if we drafted Cody Ford and he started at RT to go along w/ Jamon Brown at RG and James Carpenter at LG - we would have almost totally re-vamped our OL in one off-season - that would be exciting.

mikeg272 and Ovie_Lover like this