Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ike barn87987

Measurements starting to come in

55 posts in this topic

And he's a 45 minute video of just Garrett Bradbury vs Christian Wilkins and Dexter Lawrence. NFL OL vs NFL DL. (I already know most won't sit through anything beyond a 5 minute highlight clip, both this is real football, not a bunch of drills)

Schwarzwald, Stryka and HASHBROWN3 like this

11 minutes ago, vel said:

Please please PLEASE stop using drills as a point of trying to gauge ability. It's not ever going to work when we're talking about a 11 vs 11 sport. At the very least, understand what the drill is used for. That's like falling in love with a guy because he runs a fast forty. 

In a 1v1 drill, one party has a natural advantage. WRs have a massive advantage against CBs in 1v1 drills because there is 50 yards of field and no body else on the field, so the corner is at an unnatural disadvantage. Same with OL vs DL. When there is no threat of the run and no keys to read and no other OL on the field, the DL has a massive advantage and should win more than they lose. The ones who lose are the ones you should be concerned about. 

You are correct. But when I see a win rate for one OL significantly higher than a win rate for another...in the same “disadvantage state”, it does play into my logic...

Bradberry is gonna be an average at best Pro, but most likely washout in 3 years...

Just now, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

You are correct. But when I see a win rate for one OL significantly higher than a win rate for another...in the same “disadvantage state”, it does play into my logic...

Bradberry is gonna be an average at best Pro, but most likely washout in 3 years...

Then you turn on the film...

And speaking on what a player will be is a waste of time. You literally have no clue. The same things yall complain about with Bradbury are the same things McClure struggled with and we saw how long his career was and how loved he was by fans. 

1 minute ago, Doctor Kildare said:

Dimitroff's linemen cannot be too heavy or they wont be able to perform the feats of urgent athleticism the Falcons ask of them.

53e28cf8c90e8c34dc000371.gif?w=600&h=4000

do I see Holmes 76 in this gif? Jesus this thing is dated

Just now, nolove4thecrook said:

do I see Holmes 76 in this gif? Jesus this thing is dated

Holmes was one of the better OL picks in the TD era. He at least took offense at Vaccarro's late hit on Ryan.

Just now, Doctor Kildare said:

Holmes was one of the better OL picks in the TD era. He at least took offense at Vaccarro's late hit on Ryan.

Holmes was a straight bum he definitely had tiny balls and I know 90% of the board would agree he played with cashew sized intensity 

egoprime II likes this

40 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Pencil him in for the Falcons then.

2 minutes ago, nolove4thecrook said:

Holmes was a straight bum he definitely had tiny balls and I know 90% of the board would agree he played with cashew sized intensity 

I cannot disagree, but Holmes still contributed more than the likes of Ol' Hickory Andrew Jackson and Harlow so far. Hopefully new management will get some good play and developmemt out of Harlow.

nolove4thecrook likes this

8 minutes ago, Cole World said:

Exactly what Ryan Kalil put up.

I was expecting about 20-25 reps, not 34. That's a big check mark for me. Doesn't speak to his core or lower body, but it should at least be passable if his bench reps are that high. Remember Konz? He only put up 18 reps, which highlighted his lack of strength questions.

1 hour ago, vel said:

And he's a 45 minute video of just Garrett Bradbury vs Christian Wilkins and Dexter Lawrence. NFL OL vs NFL DL. (I already know most won't sit through anything beyond a 5 minute highlight clip, both this is real football, not a bunch of drills)

Love seeing Prescod toss Dexter Lawrence around like a toy.  Wilkins & Dexter did nothing on him.  

The only flag on Bradbury is 32 inch arms.

1 minute ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Love seeing Prescod toss Dexter Lawrence around like a toy.  Wilkins & Dexter did nothing on him.  

The only flag on Bradbury is 32 inch arms.

And even then, that's nitpicking. If he had low reps, I'd flag it but 34 reps and his film tell me his arms haven't been an issue inside. I'm watching for his broad jump and vertical numbers like a hawk. If he checks those boxes, then I'm not listening to any strength concerns any more. 

1 minute ago, vel said:

And even then, that's nitpicking. If he had low reps, I'd flag it but 34 reps and his film tell me his arms haven't been an issue inside. I'm watching for his broad jump and vertical numbers like a hawk. If he checks those boxes, then I'm not listening to any strength concerns any more. 

I like Bradbury as a Center a bunch.  He could be a mini Mack.  I’m not sold on him at Guard, though.  I was...but the arms could be an issue at OG.? Maybe I’m wrong

kiwifalcon and Schwarzwald like this

4 hours ago, vel said:

Then you turn on the film...

And speaking on what a player will be is a waste of time. You literally have no clue. The same things yall complain about with Bradbury are the same things McClure struggled with and we saw how long his career was and how loved he was by fans. 

Just as much clue as you Vel...just as much...We can agree to disagree on the future success of Bradberry

6 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I like Bradbury as a Center a bunch.  He could be a mini Mack.  I’m not sold on him at Guard, though.  I was...but the arms could be an issue at OG.? Maybe I’m wrong

Yep until he can show me consistently he can sit down and combat power his length is a huge issue if you want to play him at G.

C though he’s very good his film shows that.To me the length and what I mention are his only flaws.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

1 hour ago, lju713 said:

Elgin Jenkins can play RG or LG this season, and C when Mack retires.

The only downfall I can see in Jenkins game is he’s a bit heavy footed and his lateral agility isn’t anywhere close t9 a guy like Bradbury.But anchoring against power and neutralising it Jenkins and Lindstrom were the best 2 I saw during the drill process at the Snr Bowl.

In fact Jenkins down right stoned almost everyone one he faced in the reps I saw.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

14 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Whats the deal with the 4/8 measurements? Where I come from we call it 1/2

This will be the 2019 #NFLCombine measurements thread. (The league records prospect information in 8ths of an inch and does not reduce the fractions...if you don't like it, tweet management.)

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this