Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ike barn87987

Measurements starting to come in

55 posts in this topic

 

Check out @CharlesRobinson’s Tweet:

Check out @CharlesRobinson’s Tweet:

Check out @CharlesRobinson’s Tweet:

Check out @CharlesRobinson’s Tweet:

Check out @CharlesRobinson’s Tweet:

Check out @CharlesRobinson’s Tweet:

Check out @CharlesRobinson’s Tweet:

Check out @CharlesRobinson’s Tweet:

Check out @CharlesRobinson’s Tweet:

Check out @CharlesRobinson’s Tweet:

Check out @CharlesRobinson’s Tweet:

Check out @CharlesRobinson’s Tweet:

Check out @CharlesRobinson’s Tweet:

Check out @CharlesRobinson’s Tweet:

Check out @CharlesRobinson’s Tweet:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, vel said:

As much as I love Bradbury, I will not be surprised if his short arms tanks his stock. That's a hard one to swallow. There are RBs with longer arms than him. 

 

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

Bradbury can’t even qualify as a T-Rex with those tiny arms

And Russell Wilson is too short to play QB,  Baker Mayfield as well, Aaron Donald  too small for DT, Brent Grimes never has a chance to become anything more than a dime corner/ PR.

If Grady Jarrett is three inches taller, he's a first round draft pick.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, falconidae said:

 

And Russell Wilson is too short to play QB,  Baker Mayfield as well, Aaron Donald  too small for DT, Brent Grimes never has a chance to become anything more than a dime corner/ PR.

If Grady Jarrett is three inches taller, he's a first round draft pick.

 

Valid rebuttal...

Schwarzwald and Stryka like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, vel said:

As much as I love Bradbury, I will not be surprised if his short arms tanks his stock. That's a hard one to swallow. There are RBs with longer arms than him. 

I don't think it would effect him much.

5 time Pro-bowler, Ryan Kalil was picked in the 2nd round, pick #59 of the 2007 draft.

Khalil measured:

H: 6026

W: 299

Arm: 31.5 (Bradbury arm length is longer)

Hands: 10

g-dawg and Schwarzwald like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, falconidae said:

 

And Russell Wilson is too short to play QB,  Baker Mayfield as well, Aaron Donald  too small for DT, Brent Grimes never has a chance to become anything more than a dime corner/ PR.

If Grady Jarrett is three inches taller, he's a first round draft pick.

 

There is a difference between short in height and lacking length. 31-32" arms trying to combat 34-35" arms is a big disadvantage. Grimes could compensate for his lack of height with crazy explosion in his jumps. Wilson and Mayfield can find throwing windows to compensate for their lack of height. Grady being short gives him natural leverage.

It's hard to compensate for short arms. Bradbury has done it in college and I still love his tape and would still love drafting him, but if he's really got sub 32" arms, it's a flag to dig into. He measured 32 1/2 at the Senior Bowl, so if that's the real measurement, it's sufficient, since they'd be longer than Thuney's were coming out. I think that puts him firmly in the second round though. He's a ZBS only interior OL with shorter arms than preferred. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cole World said:

I don't think it would effect him much.

5 time Pro-bowler, Ryan Kalil was picked in the 2nd round, pick #59 of the 2007 draft.

Khalil measured:

H: 6026

W: 299

Arm: 31.5 (Bradbury arm length is longer)

Hands: 10

To go from being mocked fairly consistently in the top 20 to falling potentially out of the top 50 is very real right now for Bradbury. All things considered, I think that's a big hit to his draft stock, given he was already scheme dependent. 

There are fewer guys who've succeeded with sub 32'' arms than the opposite. He's already got strength questions. Kalil put up 34 reps on the bench. If Bradbury doesn't break 28 reps, he will not have answered those questions enough to make scouts comfortable in my opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vel said:

To go from being mocked fairly consistently in the top 20 to falling potentially out of the top 50 is very real right now for Bradbury. All things considered, I think that's a big hit to his draft stock, given he was already scheme dependent. 

There are fewer guys who've succeeded with sub 32'' arms than the opposite. He's already got strength questions. Kalil put up 34 reps on the bench. If Bradbury doesn't break 28 reps, he will not have answered those questions enough to make scouts comfortable in my opinion. 

Yes that's fair to say. If he does fall, I hope it's to our 3rd round pick.

 

Schwarzwald likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, vel said:

There is a difference between short in height and lacking length. 31-32" arms trying to combat 34-35" arms is a big disadvantage. Grimes could compensate for his lack of height with crazy explosion in his jumps. Wilson and Mayfield can find throwing windows to compensate for their lack of height. Grady being short gives him natural leverage.

It's hard to compensate for short arms. Bradbury has done it in college and I still love his tape and would still love drafting him, but if he's really got sub 32" arms, it's a flag to dig into. He measured 32 1/2 at the Senior Bowl, so if that's the real measurement, it's sufficient, since they'd be longer than Thuney's were coming out. I think that puts him firmly in the second round though. He's a ZBS only interior OL with shorter arms than preferred. 

And, the way you make up for shorter arms is perfect technique on every play. If he gets into the DLine's chest before those 35 inch arms get to him, doesn't matter.

You're also talking 3/4 of an inch difference, that can't possible be that huge a difference.

I agree it's something to take into account,  just wouldn't stop me from drafting someone who does everything else well.

 

Schwarzwald and vitaman like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, falconidae said:

And, the way you make up for shorter arms is perfect technique on every play. If he gets into the DLine's chest before those 35 inch arms get to him, doesn't matter.

You're also talking 3/4 of an inch difference, that can't possible be that huge a difference.

I agree it's something to take into account,  just wouldn't stop me from drafting someone who does everything else well.

 

I've said I'm still for drafting him because I like his tape more than his arm length. But you can't ignore that. You won't have perfect technique every play. That's already asking for problems. The problem isn't solely the lack of length. It's combined with the questions of lack of strength, which is why I included the bench reps part. If he isn't putting up enough reps, combined with shorter arms, those are now real questions. 

Schwarzwald and Ovie_Lover like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, vel said:

I've said I'm still for drafting him because I like his tape more than his arm length. But you can't ignore that. You won't have perfect technique every play. That's already asking for problems. The problem isn't solely the lack of length. It's combined with the questions of lack of strength, which is why I included the bench reps part. If he isn't putting up enough reps, combined with shorter arms, those are now real questions. 

Ok, perfect technique AND strength.  

Will say, that if you tell me Bradberry is Ryan Kalil2.0, I'm all for that.

If you think he loves football and will put in the work, his technique will get better and he will get much stronger in the NFL. That's the part that we can't know. TD has said that the interviews at the combine are the most important part.

I think we're pretty much in agreement, draft him if  you think he can work hard enough to overcome the lack of ideal measurements. I think drafting him in the 3rd would be much like drafting Grady in the 5th - a real bargain because people overlooked him because of "X" measurement not being ideal.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Schwarzwald and vel like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Ok, perfect technique AND strength.  

Will say, that if you tell me Bradberry is Ryan Kalil2.0, I'm all for that.

If you think he loves football and will put in the work, his technique will get better and he will get much stronger in the NFL. That's the part that we can't know. TD has said that the interviews at the combine are the most important part.

I think we're pretty much in agreement, draft him if  you think he can work hard enough to overcome the lack of ideal measurements. I think drafting him in the 3rd would be much like drafting Grady in the 5th - a real bargain because people overlooked him because of "X" measurement not being ideal.

Exactly. I'm not scared off of Bradbury. I think he's a perfect fit for our offense. He just won't be as clean an eval if he doesn't clear a solid number of reps. James Daniels only threw up 21 reps but had no problem in Chicago adjusting, so I'm not married to it at all. Just points of reference. 

At the end of the day, I'm still looking at his film and I love what I see that translates to our offense, short arms and all. Like you said, if he turns into a stud and can take over for Mack long term, it's a win all day. I do think he's a lock to fall to us at #45 now. If we take him is another question...

g-dawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Bradbury a lot too.  I was disappointed in his length.

Havimg said that, he would offer exceptional value if he drops a round or two.  You cannot deny his success/talent.

Cole World likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

29. OT Cody Ford

Height: 6-3 6/8

Weight: 329

Hand: 9 6/8

Arm: 34

Wingspan: 82 4/8

 

37. OL Elgton Jenkins

Height: 6-4 4/8

Weight: 310

Hand: 10 2/8

Arm: 34

Wingspan: 83

 

39. OL Chris Lindstrom

Height: 6-3 6/8

Weight: 308

Hand: 9 4/8

Arm: 34 1/8

Wingspan: 80 1/8

 

61. OT Dalton Risner

Height: 6-4 6/8

Weight: 312

Hand: 10 2/8

Arm: 34

Wingspan: 81 1/8

 

68. OT Jonah Williams

Height: 6-4 4/8

Weight: 302

Hand: 10 1/8

Arm: 33 5/8

Wingspan: 81 6/8

 

 

I think we are probably hoping to get a targeted DL in round 1 and an OG round 2.

RE: Bradbury...if his bench is 30+ he’ll be fine with those hands. IMO. Personally, I hope he struggles to hit 25 just to fall to our 3rd.:tiphat::ninja:

FIX THE LINES!:slick:

Cole World likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jawaan Taylor’s measurables im impressed with having a look at these OTs and his tape matches it too boot.

Still can’t make my mind up Taylor or Ford length both in the 34-35+’ arm ranges and nie on 10 inch hands.Both are heavy handed guys like Jenkins.

Lindstrom and Davis have some nice measurables also.

Cole World, Schwarzwald and Stryka like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You Bradbury fans need to go watch Senior Bowl drills...

He might have good game tape against average at best players, but when put agst upper tier players, not even 1st rounders at the Senior Bowl, I saw a guy that struggled agst power, wasn’t quick enough, and honestly sucked. I don’t envision him being a good player at the next level...

An OL that can’t handle power or quickness means he can’t block NFL caliber DL much less Pro Bowl level players..

At best, he’s a poor mans Joe Hawkey...no thanks!

 

Give me E. Jenkins...I saw a man amongst boys that plays with “nasty”...unbelievable anchor in pass pro and great run blocking, chipping, and getting up second level...

GeorgiaBoyz and egoprime II like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

You Bradbury fans need to go watch Senior Bowl drills...

He might have good game tape against average at best players, but when put agst upper tier players, not even 1st rounders at the Senior Bowl, I saw a guy that struggled agst power, wasn’t quick enough, and honestly sucked. I don’t envision him being a good player at the next level...

An OL that can’t handle power or quickness means he can’t block NFL caliber DL much less Pro Bowl level players..

At best, he’s a poor mans Joe Hawkey...no thanks!

 

Give me E. Jenkins...I saw a man amongst boys that plays with “nasty”...unbelievable anchor in pass pro and great run blocking, chipping, and getting up second level...

Please please PLEASE stop using drills as a point of trying to gauge ability. It's not ever going to work when we're talking about a 11 vs 11 sport. At the very least, understand what the drill is used for. That's like falling in love with a guy because he runs a fast forty. 

In a 1v1 drill, one party has a natural advantage. WRs have a massive advantage against CBs in 1v1 drills because there is 50 yards of field and no body else on the field, so the corner is at an unnatural disadvantage. Same with OL vs DL. When there is no threat of the run and no keys to read and no other OL on the field, the DL has a massive advantage and should win more than they lose. The ones who lose are the ones you should be concerned about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0