Dirtybird56

Falcons Plan To Keep Beasley For 2019

263 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, 1989Fan said:

Bet on it?

This makes no sense this pretty much  eliminates any chance of using the Franchise tag on Grady and unless Jarrett Agrees to a contract where his cap his is under 10 mill it leaves the team with no cap unless they restructure a bunch of contracts which just hurts 2020 cap

Flying Falcon likes this

6 minutes ago, atljbo said:

after the salary cap post on 2020 i just posted.. i get it... I will say this.... I wouldnt be shocked at all if we traded up for Quinnen Williams or Ed Oliver.

I hope so. Or prepare to watch more underwhelming rushes from the left side. For a cool thirteen mill. Meanwhile there's a whole nother guy on the left side of the defense underperforming for 13 mill too! Lol. Falcons gone Falcon tho!

Edited by Hurry_Up_And_Buy
Atl Falcon likes this

1 minute ago, Summerhill said:

Ugh. This has been expected but still disappointing. 

no it hasnt 

1 minute ago, atljbo said:

you are insane if u think Grady is gone....

I just dont see where the cap is going to come from and if they franchise tag him the team would have just enough to cover the draft picks and thats it

It's fine, I think bringing him back on a discount deal was a pipe dream. At least this way if he sucks then he won't get in the way of future deals like Debo. If he balls out, well it gets dicey (who is the real VB44?). And if he balls out, 13M is still a positive contract.

GrimeyKidd and g-dawg like this

I get it. 

I get that it's really stupid. 

Oh well... it's Quinn and TD's jobs at stake so if this is the wagon to which they want to hitch their star, then so be it.

(When they looked at what they wanted to be, they cast their gaze upon the most succesful icon.... and said; "hey ya know what? let's do the exact opposite of that!")

Atl Falcon and egoprime II like this

im a guy who is a Vic Beasley guy but this is a bold *** **** move if we go into this season paying vic 12.8.

I get why we have to do it if we want to keep beasley but this is a win win for beasley.... If he balls out he will get a big contract and is he doesnt... He made 12.8

The reason why we kinda have to do this IF we want to keep him is because the CBA rules  for next year (if a new CBA is not reached by next offseason)

This is a bold move Mr.Quinn..... Do your thing

hashmark61 likes this

Horrendous move.... with such a deep EDGE FA class (Clowney, D. Ford, B. Graham, Z. Ansah, Z. Smith, A. Okafor, F. Clark, V. Curry, D. Fowler, D. Lawrence, S. Ray, P. Smith) certainly we could get someone from that list at <$12m. Like I think any of the guys on that list would outperform VB's last 2 years for less money. Hate this move bad. Not worth it even if he got 10 sacks, because every other snap besides those he's getting blown up by 1-arm of a TE.

1 minute ago, RING OF HONOR said:

If he doesn't turn it around....Quinn is going to look like a jack ***....and this move might be the one that gets him fired if the season goes downhill

The EDGE class in FA is too deep to waste 13m on VB44. Almost all of them would outproduce his last 2 years.

8 minutes ago, FalconofShadows said:

I just dont see where the cap is going to come from and if they franchise tag him the team would have just enough to cover the draft picks and thats it

nope... other players like Schraeder and possibly Sanu would be in trouble....Julio deal will free up a couple of millions...  Also we could restructure some players.

Regardless we wasnt spending big money  in FA..... We probably grab 2 mid level guys (making about 5 mil each like a big DT) if we sign Grady to a deal...... But we wasnt going crazy in FA regardless

Ergo Proxy likes this

2 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

If he doesn't turn it around....Quinn is going to look like a jack ***....and this move might be the one that gets him fired if the season goes downhill

i will say this.. quinn is putting his coaching rep on Beasley.... I always knew he would be back but i didnt think it would be at 12.8