Goober Pyle

Randy Gregory suspended indefinitely

62 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, RubberDucky said:

Dont be a simpleton.

I dont care about weed or recreational use of it. What most are concerned about is his history of legitimate mental health issues. His heavy marijuana usage a byproduct of that.

He fell in the draft because he admitted to depression and suicidal thoughts. http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/25426510/dallas-cowboys-randy-gregory-talks-being-real-bad-place

:lol:

1 hour ago, RubberDucky said:

Not gonna clown the guy. If he dont get some serious mental help, I fear he'll be dead before 40.

These are guys who have jury duty one day . Lol . “Dead before 40” from pot? Jeez . 

25 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I understand that, but Gregory is a athletically talented man that unfortunately struggles with anxiety.. He could have had a successful career with the correct treatment now hes seen as a disgrace to the league for self medication.. Imo the man shouldnt be shamed for doing what it takes to make it in this world. 

The only thing that I will say here on the topic, is what I have said before, that, right now, it is illegal, and illegal nationally, and as long as it is, the NFL is completely in the right to punish those who test positive for its use. Now, whether it should be illegal nationally is itself another topic, and one, as I said, I will not pollute this board with.

CrimsonFalcon likes this

51 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Until you deal with anxiety and the effects of it on your daily life id hold back any criticism on using weed.. Greed of politicians is the real reason its illegal in the first place. Lets not lose sight of that. Its a plant that aids alot of people suffering from mental illness 

I agree 100% and wish this young man the best. I have no problem allowing NFL players to use it. I mean heck it’s legal in most states and the medical benefits are of many especially anxiety. Like Slum said if you or someone close to you have never experienced anxiety then please don’t be the judge. The big pharma and politics is the only reason it’s not legal in all states. It beats alcohol addiction all day long.

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

40 minutes ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

Armchair GMs got Gregory and Odighizuwa from the giants. Both got suspended for substance abuse and Odi is still looking for his first sack.

Armchair GM then changes his draft picks with hindsight :lol:

Ugh plus Todd Gurley, Adrian Amos and Zach Zenner.

• Beasley - $4.6M, 9 starts, 20 tackles, 7 TFLs, 5.0 sacks, 8 QBHits, 0 FFs, 1 FR
  • Gregory - $1.0M, 1 start, 25 tackles, 7 TFLs, 6.0 sacks, 15 QBHits, 2 FFs, 1 FR

Troffed.

15 minutes ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

These are guys who have jury duty one day . Lol . “Dead before 40” from pot? Jeez . 

Are you incapable of performing the slightest bit of critical thinking? More like, dead before 40 due to depression and suicide.

Read about the guy and the reasons for which he smokes so heavily. I couldnt care less about smoking weed recreationally. I care about his severe mental health issues and self-admitted depression, anxiety and suicidal thoughts. You know, the reasons why he smokes so much weed.

I.E: If he doesn't get some mental health, I fear he will end up killing himself.

Edited by RubberDucky
Atl Falcon likes this

12 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

• Beasley - $4.6M, 9 starts, 20 tackles, 7 TFLs, 5.0 sacks, 8 QBHits, 0 FFs, 1 FR
  • Gregory - $1.0M, 1 start, 25 tackles, 7 TFLs, 6.0 sacks, 15 QBHits, 2 FFs, 1 FR

Troffed.

In which of your many mocks?  You must be the strongest man in the world with all the goalpost moving that you do...

Sidecar Falcon likes this

1 hour ago, thofin21 said:

Overdose on weed ?

It’s a clear sign of a lack of self control. It just sucks when a substance has a death grip on a person and won’t let go. Josh Gordon comes to mind. Keep in mind we all suffer from some form of weakness and don’t be to quick to pass judgment. Substance abuse is a disease and usually requires treatment. 

1 hour ago, hjerry said:

It's been said before, but gets forgotten. It came out around the draft. He has serious anxiety issues. He gets nervous and anxious really easily, and marijuana is how he copes. It's part of why the Cowboys were so idiotic to take him. It's like the Browns drafting Manziel. You have these players with known established issues that will only get worse in a pro environment. 

Josh Gordon comes to mind....

RING OF HONOR likes this

8 minutes ago, Return of the Gaucho said:

In which of your many mocks?  You must be the strongest man in the world with all the goalpost moving that you do...

Hold up hoss. I only do a hand full of mocks each year. I've heard Dimi say they do hundreds. They also get the benefit of the Senior Bowl, tons of tape, combines, pro days, interviews and workouts. By the way that was from my real time mock.

Guy has to get his act together, just put the weed away. Sooner weed gets legalized in the rest of the country the better for some of these guys, hopefully the NFL stops testing for it at that point too.

Atl Falcon likes this

2 hours ago, hjerry said:

It's been said before, but gets forgotten. It came out around the draft. He has serious anxiety issues. He gets nervous and anxious really easily, and marijuana is how he copes. It's part of why the Cowboys were so idiotic to take him. It's like the Browns drafting Manziel. You have these players with known established issues that will only get worse in a pro environment. 

Marijuana makes the anxiety worse, not better. In the moment it may feel better but when it wears off the irritability and anxiousness comes back stronger. It is addictive for some people. Much like alcohol. Different effects mind you but the need can be equally as strong. 

2 hours ago, thofin21 said:

Overdose on weed ?

You see this guy pulling a 9 to 5?  

He couldn’t keep himself straight at the chance for MILLIONS.

Now he’s going to have to get a regular job where everyone knows he couldn’t pass a drug test in the NFL?

His options are a little limited.  My guess is that his college transcript wasn’t that impressive...

thofin21 likes this

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Hold up hoss. I only do a hand full of mocks each year. I've heard Dimi say they do hundreds. They also get the benefit of the Senior Bowl, tons of tape, combines, pro days, interviews and workouts. By the way that was from my real time mock.

Dimi doesn't cite his mocks and say "see I called it sort-of."  I'm sure you're a good dude and I'd get along well with a beer with ya, the hindsight stuff gets old though. Then again, you were baited in this thread, so consider my comment withdrawn.  

30 minutes ago, Return of the Gaucho said:

Dimi doesn't cite his mocks and say "see I called it sort-of."  I'm sure you're a good dude and I'd get along well with a beer with ya, the hindsight stuff gets old though. Then again, you were baited in this thread, so consider my comment withdrawn.  

How can a real time mock be hindsight?

FalconsIn2012 likes this

58 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

You see this guy pulling a 9 to 5?  

He couldn’t keep himself straight at the chance for MILLIONS.

Now he’s going to have to get a regular job where everyone knows he couldn’t pass a drug test in the NFL?

His options are a little limited.  My guess is that his college transcript wasn’t that impressive...

I wish him well he had the opportunity and lacked the self control to handle it. Thankfully he's not a Falcon. I have seen members of my own family destroyed by opioid addiction, let's hope he figures it out.

26 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

How can a real time mock be hindsight?

Discussing it 4 years later brings that thought to mind. I am not one of those post-diggers that cares enough to search through your history to verify.

5 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Until you deal with anxiety and the effects of it on your daily life id hold back any criticism on using weed.. Greed of politicians is the real reason its illegal in the first place. Lets not lose sight of that. Its a plant that aids alot of people suffering from mental illness 

actually if you study it out back through history, it's the greed of the oil companies from back in the early 1900's. they managed to get any and all plants from that particular family outlawed because it could be grown quickly and turned into a fuel alternative.....well you're indirectly right though, because they bought the politicians they needed to buy to make it happen....

or maybe it was because someone somewhere in history got a little too involved with sittin down with the natives and puff puff pass the peace pipe around ;)

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

4 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Troffed.

Trivia Question: Of Gregory and Beasley, which one led the NFL in sacks in a season?

of Gregory and Beasley, which one has 7 career sacks in 4 seasons, and which one has 29.5 sacks in 4 seasons?

Of Gregory and Beasley, which one has been suspended from NFL 4 times! (Hint, the other one has never been suspended)

of Gregory and Beasley, which one made FFS70’s “Big Board” prior to 2015 NFL draft?

of Gregory and Beasley, which one will play next year and which one is suspended indefinitely?

Sidecar Falcon and VTCrunkler like this

5 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

And. Physical ailments and prob most importantly neuropathic ailments. I have epilepsy with narcolepsy. I have to take horrible drugs that are used primarily for  bipolar and BPD. When Georgia finally legalizes it I'm flushing my med.

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this