Goober Pyle

Randy Gregory suspended indefinitely

62 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Mescalito said:

Can this guy seriously not quit smoking weed or is he on something else??  If it's just weed, Gregory is an idiot.

It's been said before, but gets forgotten. It came out around the draft. He has serious anxiety issues. He gets nervous and anxious really easily, and marijuana is how he copes. It's part of why the Cowboys were so idiotic to take him. It's like the Browns drafting Manziel. You have these players with known established issues that will only get worse in a pro environment. 

Just now, vel said:

Funny how some people were adamant TD was stupid for passing on Gregory yet kill DQ/TD for taking Collins. Same player. Same outcome. Stop picking and choosing. Both were risks that both teams were comfortable taking. Both got burned for it.

Ironically though, Collins' college issues were not his pro issues, and not what got him in trouble after being drafted. 

Cole World, vel, Drew4719 and 1 other like this

2 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Ironically though, Collins' college issues were not his pro issues, and not what got him in trouble after being drafted. 

True, but it was just red flags and general immaturity risk that it would happen again. 

14 minutes ago, hjerry said:

It's been said before, but gets forgotten. It came out around the draft. He has serious anxiety issues. He gets nervous and anxious really easily, and marijuana is how he copes. It's part of why the Cowboys were so idiotic to take him. It's like the Browns drafting Manziel. You have these players with known established issues that will only get worse in a pro environment. 

Until you deal with anxiety and the effects of it on your daily life id hold back any criticism on using weed.. Greed of politicians is the real reason its illegal in the first place. Lets not lose sight of that. Its a plant that aids alot of people suffering from mental illness 

4 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Until you deal with anxiety and the effects of it on your daily life id hold back any criticism on using weed.. Greed of politicians is the real reason its illegal in the first place. Lets not lose sight of that. Its a plant that aids alot of people suffering from mental illness 

I'm not critiquing Gregory on taking it here, nor do I intend to get into the political nature of the topic on this board. I only attacked the Cowboys for how stupid they were to draft him, and that highly. 

28 minutes ago, vel said:

Funny how some people were adamant TD was stupid for passing on Gregory yet kill DQ/TD for taking Collins. Same player. Same outcome. Stop picking and choosing. Both were risks that both teams were comfortable taking. Both got burned for it.

Armchair GMs got Gregory and Odighizuwa from the giants. Both got suspended for substance abuse and Odi is still looking for his first sack.

Armchair GM then changes his draft picks with hindsight :lol:

gazoo, Falconsfan567, vel and 1 other like this

1 hour ago, thofin21 said:

Overdose on weed ?

Dont be a simpleton.

I dont care about weed or recreational use of it. What most are concerned about is his history of legitimate mental health issues. His heavy marijuana usage a byproduct of that.

He fell in the draft because he admitted to depression and suicidal thoughts. http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/25426510/dallas-cowboys-randy-gregory-talks-being-real-bad-place

Edited by RubberDucky

20 minutes ago, hjerry said:

I'm not critiquing Gregory on taking it here, nor do I intend to get into the political nature of the topic on this board. I only attacked the Cowboys for how stupid they were to draft him, and that highly

:)

Pacific_Falcon likes this

20 minutes ago, hjerry said:

I'm not critiquing Gregory on taking it here, nor do I intend to get into the political nature of the topic on this board. I only attacked the Cowboys for how stupid they were to draft him, and that highly. 

I understand that, but Gregory is a athletically talented man that unfortunately struggles with anxiety.. He could have had a successful career with the correct treatment now hes seen as a disgrace to the league for self medication.. Imo the man shouldnt be shamed for doing what it takes to make it in this world. 

NeonDeion and Flying Falcon like this

54 minutes ago, Mescalito said:

Can this guy seriously not quit smoking weed or is he on something else??  If it's just weed, Gregory is an idiot.

Okay, looking at this, maybe I was a little harsh.  I didn't know he has anxiety issues.  I thought he just loved weed so much he couldn't quit while playing football.  Still though...man, just tough it out for a little bit and you're set for life and can smoke all the weed you heart desires.