Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cole World

Quinn and Dimitroff wants to get physical

44 posts in this topic

28 minute podcast

1. Wants to get physical

2. Although they didn't say the name I believe the player Quinn and Dimitroff was referring to who made an negative impact in the combine interview is Taven Bryant. One of the few who could play DE-DT.

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/video/podcast

Edited by Cole World

3 minutes ago, ike barn87987 said:

Which link is it? Is it the interview with DQ, Shockley, and Matt?

The one at the bottom of my post

2 hours ago, Gold4425 said:

Yeah but we don't want big players??? Stubbornness is what gets most coaches fired  We will see is this just more RAH-RAH from DQ

Tyson Jackson and Paul Soliai day 1 of FA it is!

Edited by KCartledge85
FalconsIn2012 and roguebeaver like this

11 hours ago, Cole World said:

28 minute podcast

1. Wants to get physical

2. Although they didn't say the name I believe the player Quinn and Dimitroff was referring to who made an negative impact in the combine interview is Taven Bryant. One of the few who could play DE-DT.

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/video/podcast

What did he say exactly about the Taven Bryan situation?

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

They been saying this **** since he started coaching the Falcons

Exactly!  First of all, don't draft or sign players who have not showed they are physical players to begin with.  If you feel you have the physical players you want, then get in their *** when they don't play up to your standard.  It's your job COACHES to ensure players play the way you want all the time.

ya_boi_j likes this

1 minute ago, Da_Truth said:

Exactly!  First of all, don't draft or sign players who have not showed they are physical players to begin with.  If you feel you have the physical players you want, then get in their *** when they don't play up to your standard.  It's your job COACHES to ensure players play the way you want all the time.

I swear I don't understand the thinking of the FO at times man. Say one thing, do the polar opposite

ike barn87987 and Da_Truth like this

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I swear I don't understand the thinking of the FO at times man. Say one thing, do the polar opposite

Because the HC isn't staying on the FO when they don't bring in the type of guys he wants.  The FO is still missing the mark on finding the physical players Quinn wants.  A number of the guys the FO brought in under Quinn were never physical to begin with, e.g., Beasley, Riley, Oliver, etc.  

36 minutes ago, Da_Truth said:

Because the HC isn't staying on the FO when they don't bring in the type of guys he wants.  The FO is still missing the mark on finding the physical players Quinn wants.  A number of the guys the FO brought in under Quinn were never physical to begin with, e.g., Beasley, Riley, Oliver, etc.  

But Quinn is supposed to have say in the decisions and a lot of folk praise his ability to recognize and develop talent. I know we had a lot of injuries but physicality should be something we have with our backups as well. As a matter of fact I think I would want the #1 trait of my backups to be just that. We should at least have that up and down the entire roster.

It's frustrating hearing this mentioned as a top priority since day 1, and still not being there. 

Flying Falcon and Da_Truth like this

20 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

But Quinn is supposed to have say in the decisions and a lot of folk praise his ability to recognize and develop talent. I know we had a lot of injuries but physicality should be something we have with our backups as well. As a matter of fact I think I would want the #1 trait of my backups to be just that. We should at least have that up and down the entire roster.

It's frustrating hearing this mentioned as a top priority since day 1, and still not being there. 

I've been saying for a while now that there's a disconnect between what Quinn says he wants (with the exception of the players that were here when he arrived) and what the FO/scouts provide as options.  AND you're correct in Quinn has a say in the players they select/sign as well.  If the FO isn't meeting your needs you'd better tell them right away that they're still missing the mark.  In the end, the onus is on you to ensure the FO gives you what you want.

TheUsualStuff likes this