mashburn*Fibonacci

fan experience since the new stadium took over...... my outlook on the changes

68 posts in this topic

So at the dome here is the Plus to the Dome
- Got door gifts usually (flags, towels, memorable things sometimes as well).  
- yearbook for season ticket holders
- playbook in your seat (talked about what the falcons did for community, new players, breakdown of previous game or season, match up of teams, list of players, list of performers going on that day) etc etc) it was always different every game. 
- hallways were wide. and did not feel it took light years to be able to leave with a crowd of 70,000 fans
- not a bad seat in the house. if you set in the 300's, you felt like you were on top of the field (unless you went past row 15+)
- good sound system if you saw a music event there
- Dropped shirts from the rafters

Minus to Dome
- not able to play soccer according to MLS stadium size and etc. and yes there was games there a few times, but the heads of MLS would not allow a franchise team to be there. 
- cost of food

plus to MBS
- Soccer. (which brings in more money. hmmmm wheres that going to fans?) 
- food prices ( however, they brought in more money than they did at the dome. so where did that money go to?)
- view of city from the windows. 
- bridge that overlooks the endzone
- lets of things to do (which causes people to be distracted during the game, instead of in their seat)
- fans in prime section can go stand on the field behind the players (which I feel is a huge loss to showing the stadium is packed. but some people and first timers love it). 
- train horn (I like it)
- going in and out of the bathroom is easier. 
- roof opens. (even though its only been a few times they've had it open). 

Minus to MBS
- crazy rare you get a door gift. only thing I remember is first game a hat that did not fit. and last game this year, which was a piece of chocolate. 
- not playbook in your seats (apparently tress now mean something. and getting it on an app is to much to ask for. you think that money from going green could have got a nice application for the phone.).So now we look around going who is that, did the falcons do anything in the community, etc etc
- the halls are crazy skinny at some areas. How it is not a fire code violation amazes me. Because it is about 15 wide in multiple spots and you have 70,000 fans trying to go through that part at the end of the game. if you never like having other people junk all over you from 5+ other fans, you will not want to do it. it is very very slow moving. just to get out of the stadium can take you 45 minutes (heck maybe more). it is a nightmare for someone like me who is claustrophobic. (and no, adding doors will not help, unless they can add them on the sides. 
- STH no longer get a yearbook. (we did get a bag. while we watched all the other PSL stadiums get nice gifts). 
- the seats were pushed back due to Arthur wanting fans to sit more comfortable. however it caused us to feel far away. and now there is several areas where it is a bad seat in the house to watch the game. (I feel I am 100' away now.)
- Sound system is horrid for music. Garth brooks it was horrible, and still horrible for even the superbowl. 
- that extra money they got by lowering food cost, where that go?
- no rep calls you to see how your expierence is anymore. They are well aware that pretty much everyone has a problem
- logo is facing visitor, announcements facing visitor, HOF announcement facing visitors..... due to horrible architect design they had to move the cameras to the other side. 
- camera for watching the games on TV is pushed back. 
- the halo board during the coin flip shows the rival team logo to the home side (yeah that makes us feel at home). 
- no clue if falcon players or the falcons organization do anything for the community anymore. 
- no longer drop shirts from the rafters. 
- rarely open the roof. 

 

Honestly I am not impressed at all. in fact I feel like I was used and then crapped on. and I was told when we got our PSL that we had a chance to move up if people in front of us did not buy their seats. I never got a call, yet first game I noticed 1 year STH seating in front of me. (their reason to what happened was no idea. the person who sold it, he left (so the ball was likely dropped). In fact if it was not for my wife, I would be telling them I would see them in court due to what I feel is a huge potential fire hazard, unless they want to rip my contract up and not ask me to pay the remaining amount of my PSL. but the wife gets what she wants. just I pray there is never a day of a fire or tornado or etc. 

 

But hey, Arthur got a Yatch. so thats a win, right?

Edited by mashburn*Fibonacci
Sui_Generis likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With regards to the PSL in front of you, would it not be the case that if the seller of that PSL finds a private buyer, or advertises and finds a buyer on a PSL transfer site, then it isn't up to the PSL team to advertise? That's how I understand it, speaking to someone who is a PSL holder at MetLife (and has to sell his game tickets individually every season for the past 4 as no-one is prepared to pay close to his initial outlay).

mashburn*Fibonacci likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

You btch a lot bro.

you come argue with me every time, unless I speak of how great the team is doing. 

Edit: and lets not forget you are not a STH and you rarely go to games. you did not put anything into this stadium. So let me know when you make a car payment, and get stuck with a lemon when you were told you have a Porsche 911. 

Edited by mashburn*Fibonacci

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Domed Outter said:

With regards to the PSL in front of you, would it not be the case that if the seller of that PSL finds a private buyer, or advertises and finds a buyer on a PSL transfer site, then it isn't up to the PSL team to advertise? That's how I understand it, speaking to someone who is a PSL holder at MetLife (and has to sell his game tickets individually every season for the past 4 as no-one is prepared to pay close to his initial outlay).

That is correct we do the same if we wanted to get out of our PSL/contract. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

That is correct we do the same if we wanted to get out of our PSL/contract. 

So was the issue that the original owner of that seat reneged on it after one season, defaulted and the new STH just happened to contact the "PSL team" on the off chance and got through? How many seats did they manage to acquire?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't been to MBS yet and was planning on going to a Falcons game this year. After reading this info, maybe I won't go after all.:huh:

Tim Mazetti likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

you come argue with me every time, unless I speak of how great the team is doing. 

Edit: and lets not forget you are not a STH and you rarely go to games. you did not put anything into this stadium. So let me know when you make a car payment, and get stuck with a lemon when you were told you have a Porsche 911. 

Why you keep saying I don't go to games? 

I wasn't gullible enough to pay for a PSL but I go to most games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Why you keep saying I don't go to games? 

I wasn't gullible enough to pay for a PSL but I go to most games.

Ohhhh but for me it's *****ing. Whew thanks for clearing that up that it's ok for you.  And you don't see it as being a hypocrite to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Domed Outter said:

So was the issue that the original owner of that seat reneged on it after one season, defaulted and the new STH just happened to contact the "PSL team" on the off chance and got through? How many seats did they manage to acquire?

Ohhhh no that was different.  

When PSL were first offered to the fans.  Some bought and some didn't.  If you purchased, you had the option to take a better seat if the person in front did not but their PSL. 

I never got a call asking about moving up (I've had my session tickets almost 10 years). 

When the first game took place I noticed several people who obtained better than seats than I did. And majority of them were new or only been a STH for a couple years.  

 

When i asked what took place. It was nothing but beating around the Bush that my rep who sold me the tickets left ans dropped that ball for passing my information on.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, vanhino said:

I haven't been to MBS yet and was planning on going to a Falcons game this year. After reading this info, maybe I won't go after all.:huh:

If you like doing activities while the game is going on. You'l have fun.  If you buy  seats in the 100/200 on the sidelines, you'll have fun.  If you sit on the visitor side, you'll feel you're the special side.  

But if you're use to not having a bad seat in the house.  Door gifts.  Playbook to take home. You have no memorial items you attended it...... my wife used to make scrapt books. But now she has nothing to put in there. and i mean 100% nothing.  

.....as for leaving.  You don't want to be sitting on the sides.  Endzones you get out fast.  

 

 

Oh another thing i forgot.  They no longer drop shirts down from the top.  

.....and they rarely open the roof.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

If you’re a STH or even a one game per year guy, you can exercise your options by choosing to either continue paying for the product/experience, or spend your money elsewhere.  His yacht is irrelevant.  

Capitalism is a beautiful thing.  

actually no you cannot. I cannot get of my contract, unless I want to sell it (which is slim to none after the season they are having, and also not many potential buyers due to them seeing STH having legit reasons to be upset). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wrote this about 9 years ago when the debate was raging on what type of stadium the Falcons should build...

If there is one thing the Atlanta sports fan has proven itself to be, it's fickle. You can't necessarily blame a fan for being fickle particularly as it relates to product value. But you get what you sow. And if the cost of a retractable roof is estimated to be in the $100M range (which I believe I've read in earlier articles on the subject)...then that translates to an average cost of about $1500/season ticket. So a family of 4 would have to cough of six grand for the right to buy tickets that they've already been buying. How many fans do you think you tell the Falcons to piss off? A lot of them.

The bottom line is that for all the bells and whistles of MBS, it was overkill.  And you’re starting to see that show up on game day.  Jerry World is what it is because of the built-in spectacle of the Cowboys and Jones himself.  The Cowboys are an institution.  The Falcons are just...the Falcons.

I love them, but MBS was a bad idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

actually no you cannot. I cannot get of my contract, unless I want to sell it (which is slim to none after the season they are having, and also not many potential buyers due to them seeing STH having legit reasons to be upset). 

It really doesn’t change the core value of my point.  You can still exercise your right to sell & not continue your support at any point that you wish.  Supply/demand will naturally dictate what you & Arthur are able to do.  It’s not that hard to grasp imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

I wrote this about 9 years ago when the debate was raging on what type of stadium the Falcons should build...

If there is one thing the Atlanta sports fan has proven itself to be, it's fickle. You can't necessarily blame a fan for being fickle particularly as it relates to product value. But you get what you sow. And if the cost of a retractable roof is estimated to be in the $100M range (which I believe I've read in earlier articles on the subject)...then that translates to an average cost of about $1500/season ticket. So a family of 4 would have to cough of six grand for the right to buy tickets that they've already been buying. How many fans do you think you tell the Falcons to piss off? A lot of them.

The bottom line is that for all the bells and whistles of MBS, it was overkill.  And you’re starting to see that show up on game day.  Jerry World is what it is because of the built-in spectacle of the Cowboys and Jones himself.  The Cowboys are an institution.  The Falcons are just...the Falcons.

I love them, but MBS was a bad idea.

So your personal choice is not to attend MBS functions I assume.  Others will.  

Crazy how easy it is to participate in wonderful capitalism. I’m not at all trying to antagonistic either.  Things just work themselves out in this system.  You could even potentially exercise your right to protest the facility if you felt strongly enough I imagine.  

I had an opportunity to bring my father to MBS to attend opening day for Atlanta United vs DC United.  It was the only venue available while I was visiting my family back home in Atlanta.  So I chose to go as it was my chance to experience that stadium.  Over 70K others attended to my amazement & we had a helluva good time.  I walked away impressed.

To each his own I guess. 

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

If you like doing activities while the game is going on. You'l have fun.  If you buy  seats in the 100/200 on the sidelines, you'll have fun.  If you sit on the visitor side, you'll feel you're the special side.  

But if you're use to not having a bad seat in the house.  Door gifts.  Playbook to take home. You have no memorial items you attended it...... my wife used to make scrapt books. But now she has nothing to put in there. and i mean 100% nothing.  

.....as for leaving.  You don't want to be sitting on the sides.  Endzones you get out fast.  

 

 

Oh another thing i forgot.  They no longer drop shirts down from the top.  

.....and they rarely open the roof.  

Yeah, I have been told that there are plenty of things to see and do at MBS (other than watching the game) and I would assume that they allow fans to enter the stadium a couple of hours before game time. I am primarily there to watch a football game and to yell like crazy when the Falcons are on defense.

 

I did like having the game programs on the seats at the Georgia Dome and the door giveaways, but the absence of them aren't deal breakers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

So your personal choice is not to attend MBS functions I assume.  Others will.  

Crazy how easy it is to participate in wonderful capitalism. I’m not at all trying to antagonistic either.  Things just work themselves out in this system.  You could even potentially exercise your right to protest the facility if you felt strongly enough I imagine.  

I had an opportunity to bring my father to MBS to attend opening day for Atlanta United vs DC United.  It was the only venue available while I was visiting my family back home in Atlanta.  So I chose to go as it was my chance to experience that stadium.  Over 70K others attended to my amazement & we had a helluva good time.  I walked away impressed.

To each his own I guess. 

You also walked away without the albatross of having to pay for the right to purchase event tickets.

For PSL owners, that’s not the case.  I’m not surprised to see the sentiment expressed here. And this is only 2 years into the stadiums history, one of those years was a playoff season.

I’d still attend MBS events...was a season ticket holder from 2002-2013.  But I’ve always been about the product on the field.  The Falcons could have provided a very solid/fresh stadium experience for $600M less.  Imagine if they did that without PSL’s?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

You also walked away without the albatross of having to pay for the right to purchase event tickets.

For PSL owners, that’s not the case.  I’m not surprised to see the sentiment expressed here. And this is only 2 years into the stadiums history, one of those years was a playoff season.

I’d still attend MBS events...was a season ticket holder from 2002-2013.  But I’ve always been about the product on the field.  The Falcons could have provided a very solid/fresh stadium experience for $600M less.  Imagine if they did that without PSL’s?

They could have done a number of things but they chose to do what they did.

Those that chose the path of PSL/STH made a choice based upon the options available to them.

Having done so, it was your/their decision.  If circumstances have changed per either party, you’re then free to exercise the next option at your disposal.

I’m sure that all the legal rules & regulations were written into the transaction which probably included the right for them to make changes etc.

It’s free enterprise.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

They could have done a number of things but they chose to do what they did.

Those that chose the path of PSL/STH made a choice based upon the options available to them.

Having done so, it was your/their decision.  If circumstances have changed per either party, you’re then free to exercise the next option at your disposal.

I’m sure that all the legal rules & regulations were written into the transaction which probably included the right for them to make changes etc.

It’s free enterprise.

 

Nobody likes to feel ripped off.  Fyre Festival is/was free enterprise...it was also fraud.

That’s not what happened here, but the PSL model had become an increasingly bad customer experience for new stadium funding, when those costs were passed down to ‘the fan’.

For a city that historically lacks a devoted and rabid fan base, count me as someone who feels the PSL structure to help fund MBS was a bad idea.  The two Falcons games I’ve gone to since the stadium opened have been noticeably lethargic atmospheres and there are countless games I’m watching on TV where the lower bowl is half full.   I struggle to reconcile that as coincidence.

Yes, Blank had the right to do whatever he pleased and he earned that right.  But this outcome was fairly predictable.

 

mashburn*Fibonacci likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

Nobody likes to feel ripped off.  Fyre Festival is/was free enterprise...it was also fraud.

That’s not what happened here, but the PSL model had become an increasingly bad customer experience for new stadium funding, when those costs were passed down to ‘the fan’.

For a city that historically lacks a devoted and rabid fan base, count me as someone who feels the PSL structure to help fund MBS was a bad idea.  The two Falcons games I’ve gone to since the stadium opened have been noticeably lethargic atmospheres and there are countless games I’m watching on TV where the lower bowl is half full.   I struggle to reconcile that as coincidence.

Yes, Blank had the right to do whatever he pleased and he earned that right.  But this outcome was fairly predictable.

 

Dude the entire point is that you can choose to be for or against it.  Period!

It’s as simple as that. 

Fair or unfair, is irrelevant.  If you feel it’s unfair, then bit em where it hurts & refrain from giving them your business.

Complaining is your right but it’s not very effective.  I still see no victims except voluntary ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MBS is great.  Is it perfect?  No, but no stadium is.  You appear to be dealing with buyer's remorse.

Also, easy on the revisionist history.  The sound system in the GA Dome was horrendous - literally the worst I've ever heard in a large stadium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

I wrote this about 9 years ago when the debate was raging on what type of stadium the Falcons should build...

If there is one thing the Atlanta sports fan has proven itself to be, it's fickle. You can't necessarily blame a fan for being fickle particularly as it relates to product value. But you get what you sow. And if the cost of a retractable roof is estimated to be in the $100M range (which I believe I've read in earlier articles on the subject)...then that translates to an average cost of about $1500/season ticket. So a family of 4 would have to cough of six grand for the right to buy tickets that they've already been buying. How many fans do you think you tell the Falcons to piss off? A lot of them.

The bottom line is that for all the bells and whistles of MBS, it was overkill.  And you’re starting to see that show up on game day.  Jerry World is what it is because of the built-in spectacle of the Cowboys and Jones himself.  The Cowboys are an institution.  The Falcons are just...the Falcons.

I love them, but MBS was a bad idea.

Exactly.  

Arthur made a lot. Soccer team. Food. Psl (and you have to get increased season tickets). Going green on playbooks on not doing them anymore. Not makimg an app in exchange of the playbook.  No more door prizes. Not doing as many shirts (due to no shirts dropping from the roof). No end of season big giveaways to sections.  Etc. Etc. Etc. 

Yes i understand stadium cost.  But if not for the falcon fans buying psl. He would not have his beloved soccer team.  He should be thanking us, even more than what he did for us at the dome. But instead we are treated like second fans, yet we pay a lot lot more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

It really doesn’t change the core value of my point.  You can still exercise your right to sell & not continue your support at any point that you wish.  Supply/demand will naturally dictate what you & Arthur are able to do.  It’s not that hard to grasp imo.

So if i quit.  I stay pay for my psl. What exactly you want me to grasp?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now