Cole World

Garrett Bradbury

15 posts in this topic

Probably one of the best options available if he's there at 45. Personally I don't think there is any chance he falls to the 2nd but I'm still crossing my fingers for Dalton Risner so why not hope for Bradbury.

Cole World likes this

Bradbury toying with Clemson line 3 seasons ago when he was playing LG

#65 - He's playing LG in all the clips.

These clips are very well and good but I’ll say it now isolated against NFL power will be Bradbury’s test.If he can handle and anchor better he’ll be really good if he stays like he is now I suspect he’ll just be a so so guy.

Thats what I’d be doing if I was a dline coach or DC I’d be looking to isolate Bradbury against my best interior rusher and let him loose.

Osiruz likes this

4 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

These clips are very well and good but I’ll say it now isolated against NFL power will be Bradbury’s test.If he can handle and anchor better he’ll be really good if he stays like he is now I suspect he’ll just be a so so guy.

Thats what I’d be doing if I was a dline coach or DC I’d be looking to isolate Bradbury against my best interior rusher and let him loose.

You and I will fully disagree on Bradbury. He's struggled with power no more than your typical 300lb LG/C. A guy like Fletcher Cox would give him issues, just like he does every other OG in the NFL. 

That said, you're solely focusing on what he struggles with. If isolating and stonewalling guys like Lawrence and Wilkins isn't proof he can hang in the NFL, I don't know what else he needs to show you. You keep going back to 1v1 drills at the Senior Bowl, ignoring that it's favored for the DL to win that drill. You make it seem like he gets rag dolled every snap and his hype isn't warranted. 

Reach blocking and stoning a 350lb Dexter Lawrence a full gap over is not normal. Any way you cut it. He does things, agility and mobility wise, that most interior OL just shouldn't be able to do. If we ran a power scheme, I'd be in full agreement with you. But if we're going to still be a primarily ZBS offense, Bradbury fits to a T more than an interior OL prospect I've seen in a long time. He's better than Joe Thuney was coming out, who had the same questions about his play strength. You saw Grady dominate Thuney in the SB but he's since grown to be a top 5 OG in the league. And the Falcons were hot on Thuney before the Pats snatched him up. 

Here is Thuney's Draft Profile: https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2016/04/24/2016-nfl-draft-scouting-report-north-carolina-state-ol-joe-thuney/ 

Change Thuney for Bradbury and it reads dam near the same.

The first play, Bradbury literally reaches a man a full gap away and stones him. Yes, he's pushed back some, but he's moving laterally to make the block on a man bigger than him that is moving forward. Functional strength. 

The second play is just plain ole fun. A OL that moves that well in space and finishes with a pancake block is a win in my book every day of the week. 

These next two tweets are what you're complaining about kiwi:

The first one just isn't realistic. If Bradbury is overmatched, he'd have help. He's literally head up on a guy with no assignment other than to just tee off the ball. He's not playing the run or reading keys or anything. If that's what his job is in the NFL, it won't last long because he'll just be trapped all game. 

The second one, you see other OL struggle to stop guys they otherwise wouldn't. Like Risner struggling with Zach Allen and then getting pushed straight over the next play. Nobody is questioning Risner's play strength. It's just like corners getting beat routinely in 1v1 or judging the ability of a QB only on his play in 7 on 7. 

5 hours ago, vel said:

You and I will fully disagree on Bradbury. He's struggled with power no more than your typical 300lb LG/C. A guy like Fletcher Cox would give him issues, just like he does every other OG in the NFL. 

That said, you're solely focusing on what he struggles with. If isolating and stonewalling guys like Lawrence and Wilkins isn't proof he can hang in the NFL, I don't know what else he needs to show you. You keep going back to 1v1 drills at the Senior Bowl, ignoring that it's favored for the DL to win that drill. You make it seem like he gets rag dolled every snap and his hype isn't warranted. 

Reach blocking and stoning a 350lb Dexter Lawrence a full gap over is not normal. Any way you cut it. He does things, agility and mobility wise, that most interior OL just shouldn't be able to do. If we ran a power scheme, I'd be in full agreement with you. But if we're going to still be a primarily ZBS offense, Bradbury fits to a T more than an interior OL prospect I've seen in a long time. He's better than Joe Thuney was coming out, who had the same questions about his play strength. You saw Grady dominate Thuney in the SB but he's since grown to be a top 5 OG in the league. And the Falcons were hot on Thuney before the Pats snatched him up. 

Here is Thuney's Draft Profile: https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2016/04/24/2016-nfl-draft-scouting-report-north-carolina-state-ol-joe-thuney/ 

Change Thuney for Bradbury and it reads dam near the same.

No I understand Bradbury’s strengths I do and those gifs clearly show it.

Until he shows me he can sit down better on bull rushes I’ll still stick to my guns on this one.

Watching him vs guys  like Lindstrom and Jenkins who deal with power a lot better than the mentioned does.

This is my only concern about Bradbury all the rest I actually agree with he’s very good but until he shows me consistently better against what I’ve mentioned he’ll always have that doubt in my mind.

Osiruz likes this

Forget arm length, Bradbury looks like the best ZBS interior lineman in the class. #14 may be too early for him, but no way I see him making it out of the 1st round.

Others guys that have impressed me at the combine are Nate Davis, Ryan Bates, Chris Lindstrom, Eric McCoy and Iosua Opeta

Cole World likes this