DirtyBirdInThe610

Jeffery Simmons

6 posts in this topic

Let's say we pick Cody Ford or Jawaan Taylor in the 1st would you be opposed to picking him in the 2nd with the fact that he might miss some time to start the season ?

6 hours ago, DirtyBirdInThe610 said:

Let's say we pick Cody Ford or Jawaan Taylor in the 1st would you be opposed to picking him in the 2nd with the fact that he might miss some time to start the season ?

I would take him in the 2nd round no matter who we took in the 1st round.  He's a top 10 player in this draft to me and im more than ok waiting a bit to add him to the team for 5 to 10+ years if he turns out as good as i think he will.   That means even if we take a guy like oliver, Wilkins, or Lawrence in round 1 i would still take him in round 2 if available at our pick.  

What i really want to happen is us trade down a bit to say 21 to 25 or so and take Lawrence at NT while picking up a 2nd round pick then taking a guy like Risner, Lindstrom, Jenkins, Mcgovern, Dieter, or Benzschawel whatever best OL is available to us then Simmons with the other 2nd round pick.   A 1st 3 picks of  Lawrence, Lindstrom, and Simmons would be a ridiculous haul.

Depends on how teams feel about the character of the player.

Simmons was probably off some NFL draft boards before he tore his ACL due to the domestic violence incident.

I know MSU seems to be behind Simmons and mitigating circumstances.

You all know about the Falcon Filter and how Arthur Blank and Thomas Dimitroff values character.   Throw in concerns on character and an ACL - could be a bridge too far.

On 2/24/2019 at 4:35 PM, DirtyBirdInThe610 said:

If we were coming off a deep playoff run, maybe. As it sits, NO, we need someone in the 2nd who's ready to contribute as soon as they get the call.

On 2/25/2019 at 0:11 AM, FalconFan13 said:

I would take him in the 2nd round no matter who we took in the 1st round.  He's a top 10 player in this draft to me and im more than ok waiting a bit to add him to the team for 5 to 10+ years if he turns out as good as i think he will.   That means even if we take a guy like oliver, Wilkins, or Lawrence in round 1 i would still take him in round 2 if available at our pick.  

What i really want to happen is us trade down a bit to say 21 to 25 or so and take Lawrence at NT while picking up a 2nd round pick then taking a guy like Risner, Lindstrom, Jenkins, Mcgovern, Dieter, or Benzschawel whatever best OL is available to us then Simmons with the other 2nd round pick.   A 1st 3 picks of  Lawrence, Lindstrom, and Simmons would be a ridiculous haul.

I’m on board with this allllllll day long