Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
caponine

Antonio Brown To NFC ?

67 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, caponine said:

what if it’s the saints ?? we’ve seen them pull these kinds of moves off in the past

13 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

It would be draft picks, not player for player. THEN after negotiating the picks, the team picking AB up would have to have the cap space to absorb his base salary AND prorated bonuses which will be accelerated.  If they don't have the space currently, they would have to restructure some contracts in order to be able to get it done.  THATS why you hardly ever have trades in the NFL...

Is it really going to cost a lot of draft capital considering the situation. Is there no chance at all that he stays in Pittsburgh? I just can’t see a team giving up a first and 20 million a year. He’s good  but he’s not a qb. Not to mention him and Ben had years of chemistry. It’s just too risky at that price. 

11 hours ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

Brown has zero input on where he goes. I can promise, the Steelers don't give a crap what he wants, they are gonna take the best deal for them.

i agree however, Lets say for instance he would like to go to GB or SEA , its out of the conference. They have good players and good draft picks 

1 minute ago, falconfreak1 said:

Nope that bridge has been burned. Once he came out with those comments about Ben and organization that was it. He knew what he was doing, if they retained him then that team would be in real trouble

14 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Ingram is a free agent, and they have #62  pick and #168

they could potentially give a next year first rounder though some outlets were reporting that Steelers might be trading bell for a 2nd or 3rd round

Oakland has a ton of draft capital, a ton of cap space and aren’t an immediate threat to PIT. That’s my guess for now.

i agree with whoever said some odd ball team will come out of left field like Detroit.

giants could do an even up for Odell and the teams can just swap divas.

papachaz likes this

10 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Oakland has a ton of draft capital, a ton of cap space and aren’t an immediate threat to PIT. That’s my guess for now.

i agree with whoever said some odd ball team will come out of left field like Detroit.

giants could do an even up for Odell and the teams can just swap divas.

There no chance that Gruden will waste a pick on him. I’m pretty sure gruden wants boys with open minds that he can coach not men with attitude problems who put themselves before the team. Brown to Oakland has no chance of happening. Remember that they got rid of Mack. 

1 hour ago, falconfreak1 said:

I think Pittsburgh will take less for him than normal because there is no way he can play with Rothlesberger again...

Edited by slickgadawg

3 hours ago, falconfreak1 said:

There no chance that Gruden will waste a pick on him. I’m pretty sure gruden wants boys with open minds that he can coach not men with attitude problems who put themselves before the team. Brown to Oakland has no chance of happening. Remember that they got rid of Mack. 

He traded a pick for Martavius Bryant as soon as he took the reigns...he coached, and loved Warren Sapp. Not sure how anyone would think he won’t take on a personality, or a player who isn’t squeaky clean.

papachaz likes this

3 hours ago, GATXBOI said:

What about the packers?

They have the money, the need, and the picks to make it happen.

Gotta wonder how well that would work though. I could see the same type of situation happening there, since just like Pittsburgh, they have a future HOF QB who has a reputation of being a bit if a turd, and who the FO gives preferential treatment.

To be happy & play well, AB seems to need two things... a ton of money & to be the guy'

So I almost think he'd be better on a team with a QB who's not quite as established/entrenched... like the Cards, 49ers, Cowboys, Raiders, etc.

Arizona probably has the money for him and they need to help Rosen out and the 1st pick in the 2nd round may be enough ammo too

redskins, 49ers, Cowboys are others I can think of

12 hours ago, caponine said:

i agree however, Lets say for instance he would like to go to GB or SEA , its out of the conference. They have good players and good draft picks 

I think it doesn't matter, he will have zero input, and i Don't believe they will even ask him. At this point, they are more out to send him to the worse spot, if they have two offering the same. Brown has no good will left in Pittsburgh. I wouldn't be surprised if if him and Bell get their feelings hurt before this is all over.

22 hours ago, caponine said:

they could potentially give a next year first rounder though some outlets were reporting that Steelers might be trading bell for a 2nd or 3rd round

The Saints have literally what ever the cap increase is as available capspace. They are at 177.2 when adding the 4.2 dead money.

AB would CRIPPLE that team and start the slide back to the basement. I dont just mean cap wise, but a horrible locker room influence, and would leave them yet again without a first rnd pick in next years draft. Thats one injury away from 8-8 seasons to close out Brees career.