Draftnut57

NFL network, Pass rushers ,, tonight @7 pm

18 posts in this topic

Rashan Gary... DE ; Mich. ,,,  6-5 , 285,,  Only problem is he is ranked the 3rd best player in the draft... I'd sure love for us to trade up and get him.. He would be that differance maker we need.. WE have the extra comp picks.. So maybe TD and Co.. will pull the trigger. ...  This guy can make the biggest impact on our team than any other player in this draft,, IMO.

I'm not sure exactly who I want just yet.. this is one player that is a possibility ;;  AS long as we draft the best DE we can possibly get. .I'll be happy with that.. 

My point to making this post is a heads up to watch the pass rushers that will be available in the draft this April. we need to check it out.. done got my recording set on NFL net. at 7 pm tonight.. I truly hope we take one with our first pick. Great need. 

8 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

My point to making this post is a heads up to watch the pass rushers that will be available in the draft this April. we need to check it out.. done got my recording set on NFL net. at 7 pm tonight.. I truly hope we take one with our first pick. Great need. 

Results of the show?

Rashan Gary projects better as an interior D-linemen rather than edge rusher. I think he could play some base end in this scheme and then slide inside in nickel but if you watch his college his best reps are inside.

Stryka likes this

I think you meant Rashan Gary and he's actually the 1 D-lineman in the 1st round i have no interest in getting.  He is known to be lazy and hugely inconsistent as his main flaws and i hate that in players coming out that are that talented.   Their are probably 8 to 10 players between the OL and DL i would take over him in the 1st round before i would settle on him as our pick.  Thats much less trading up for him where i would be quite pissed off that we would do such a thing if we trade up it better be for Quninen Williams, Nick Bosa, or maybe Ed Oliver but i wouldn't trade up that far for him if it costs more than 4th to do it.

I had the same feelings about jamaal anderson when we drafted him as i do with Gary.  Although i disliked anderson way more than dislike gary.  Gary i would atleast still take in the 2nd round or late 1st if we traded down and picked up a 2nd round pick.   Anderson i was on record in many mock drafts saying i wouldn't take til the 5th round i still don't understand why people had his slow lanky no effort giving butt in the top 10 picks much less the 1st 3 rounds. 

18 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

Rashan Carrie... DE ; Missouri ,,,  6-5 , 285,

Man, if you are creating a thread to pound the table for your guy, you need to know his name and college at least! :lol:

1 hour ago, FalconFan13 said:

I had the same feelings about jamaal anderson when we drafted him as i do with Gary.  Although i disliked anderson way more than dislike gary.  Gary i would atleast still take in the 2nd round or late 1st if we traded down and picked up a 2nd round pick.   Anderson i was on record in many mock drafts saying i wouldn't take til the 5th round i still don't understand why people had his slow lanky no effort giving butt in the top 10 picks much less the 1st 3 rounds. 

I am going off memory here, but I believe draftnut was a Jamal Anderson fan too predraft.

Draftnut57 likes this

6 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Draftnut you alright bro I remember you doing exactly this in another thread sounds very similar.

Rashan Gary Michigan.

I was thinking this same thing. I even looked at the date cause I assumed it was a bumped older thread. 

kiwifalcon likes this

6 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

I am going off memory here, but I believe draftnut was a Jamal Anderson fan too predraft.

6 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Say it aint so.

If he is Draftnut is dead to me and im gonna have to put him down.  It's always hardest to put down the ones you love the most :(

6 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Man, if you are creating a thread to pound the table for your guy, you need to know his name and college at least! :lol:

I was seriously so confused. If he had one of the two right I would’ve probably been able to connect the dots lol. 

7 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

If he is Draftnut is dead to me and im gonna have to put him down.  It's always hardest to put down the ones you love the most :(

Well, I think I've got it fixed ,,  I'm kind of like that man who got pulled over by the police,, And the officer came up to his window and said,, Mr,, Identify yourself ! So the man looked into his rear view mirror and then said,, Yeap ! That;s  Me !! :lol:

kiwifalcon likes this

Let me just put it like this,, WE need to draft the best DE available at 14,, and I believe that's what we will do.. Say why? Because we need a DE in the worst way,, I think it would help us more than any other player, Plus , You just can't get a good DE unless we take one with our first rd pick.. And I don't think we'll have another pick this high for many years to come, So,, we need to get one while the gettin's good. WE may even have a choice of two of the top DEs in this draft.. maybe even 3 but I seriously doubt it. But I do think and hope one of those top 3 DEs will still be there at 15,, we may have to trade up a few picks to get one... They will get it done, I'm TDs biggest fan.. Our big down fall last season was having a terrible OC.. I'm a nice fan,, but Sark is the worst OC we have ever had. Don't believe me? Get back with me after next season and you will see. Sad we waisted a couple of years in having no chance to do anything in post season.. If Ryan stays healthy this next season,, WE will be in the playoffs.

6 hours ago, TheUsualStuff said:

Wait a minute.... does this mean we are not going to get a steal on Carrie from Missouri at #14?

:angry::(

Yeah, Carrie Underwood !!! :mmmhmm:

12 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

Well, I think I've got it fixed ,,  I'm kind of like that man who got pulled over by the police,, And the officer came up to his window and said,, Mr,, Identify yourself ! So the man looked into his rear view mirror and then said,, Yeap ! That;s  Me !! :lol:

LOLOL I could totally see you doing that to just to be a smart *** and i would be laughing in the passenger seat so hard at it probably knowing we both about to go to jail for something dumb probably.