Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FalconofShadows

Ty Sambrailo deal

75 posts in this topic

Just now, falconidae said:

We'll see,  lots of teams still have an "ideal" player for a position and Oliver isn't that "ideal" for DLine.

Have to hope there's 3-4 QBs that teams fall in love with that go top 10.

Love to have finally have a difference maker on the Dline. Oliver, Takk Grady and a player to be named later seems like a really good front four to me.

Yeah, I'm hoping that at least 3 QBs (Haskins, Murray, Lock) go before our pick...and really really hoping the kid from Duke goes as well.

falconidae likes this

2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

I'd trade a mid rounder to jump up a few spots to snatch him.

I think he could be that Michael Bennett type player for us that could play the base end position and then slide inside on passing downs. That is a position we've never really filled since Quinn has been here.

Meant to say that in my post too. Especially f the falcons have a couple of extra comp picks, I'd do the same.

Schwarzwald and athell like this

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Wouldn’t they be our RT?  Who would be the OG?  Wes and a rookie at RT...yikes

They both played OT/OG in college. Read several scouting reports that both are good RT, but could be even better OG’s in the pros. Quinn/Dimitroff want versatility, and Dimitroff has stated its takes longer for rookie OT’s to adjust than OG’s. Going based on that, I would think they would sign a FA OT to compete with Ty. Ford and Risner could be really good guards!

Edited by hotlanta

3 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Yeah Bosher is average.  If we ain’t paying Bryant I don’t see why we pay Bosher.   

Cut'em as punter and bring'em back as our LB coach. :lol:

g-dawg likes this

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Easily Oliver + Lindstrom.

Oliver has elite upside. I don't think Ford possesses that. Ford can be a very solid player, but Oliver is off the charts athletically and could be a difference maker.

It's not that easy, Khalen Saunders has Grady Jarrett like potential, and Ford could possibly be the next Jason Peters. I'd be ecstatic with either combo.

Curious. If the Falcons draft a lineman in the mid rounds will the opinion change? You guys are looking at the first year of his contract and consider him a swing tackle or possible guard. If he is a backup then by year two he is an expensive backup with a cap hit if he is cut in his second year. I think you should hope that he becomes a decent starter to make sense of his contract.

3 minutes ago, TheCentralScrutinizer said:

Curious. If the Falcons draft a lineman in the mid rounds will the opinion change? You guys are looking at the first year of his contract and consider him a swing tackle or possible guard. If he is a backup then by year two he is an expensive backup with a cap hit if he is cut in his second year. I think you should hope that he becomes a decent starter to make sense of his contract.

Whatever they do I see him right now as the starting RT.Now I see the messages coming out of the Branch are fix the offensive line so I fully expect an early draft pick to come in and push Sombrero for that RT spot.

May the best man win.

FalconsIn2012 and Schwarzwald like this

3 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I wish it was $2.25M but not bad. Good signing.

Strange, you just implied the exact opposite on another thread suggest8ng this wasn’t a good signing. Make up your mind bruh.

49 minutes ago, TheCentralScrutinizer said:

They can cut him in 2020 with a dead money hit of 2 mil.

Really looks like a 1 year prove it deal, if he doesn't take the starting job in 19 , he's probably gone in 2020.

If not, a little pricey for a back up, but a good swing tackle is hard to find.

Schwarzwald likes this

4 hours ago, Dutty Ole Bird said:

It's not that easy, Khalen Saunders has Grady Jarrett like potential, and Ford could possibly be the next Jason Peters. I'd be ecstatic with either combo.

Interesting comparison considering Peters was undrafted 

Osiruz likes this

6 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Ledbetter is still waiting in parking lot looking for Rex Ryan.

I will repeat again:  unlike most beatwriters that have sources, Ledbetter has never broken a legit news story on Falcons that I can recall.   If he has, it was rare.

Koetter

7 hours ago, athell said:

Your posts yesterday inspired me to go back and check the A22 film on the final 4 games.  He wasn't as bad as I thought.  Could be a liiiiiittle high for a swing but that is nitpicking.

I'm more comfortable with this news today for sure.

It’s the avatar.

oHM3bhj.gif

athell likes this

4 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Whatever they do I see him right now as the starting RT.Now I see the messages coming out of the Branch are fix the offensive line so I fully expect an early draft pick to come in and push Sombrero for that RT spot.

May the best man win.

Exactly. Plus, any FA moves.

Some people can’t understand something and bash it. :shrug:

The details say yes in many areas to this signing.

YES! Great contract that is easy for us to carry him as a 3rd OT at worst and wins the job by WINNING it and becomes a bargain/discounted compared to Schraeder who can be gone if necessary.

kiwifalcon likes this

Maybe we should keep a running list of the little girl crybabies.  This way maybe they’ll recognize the fact that they’re perceived as such & think twice before they whine.  :shrug:

They can be ranked too so we know which ones are having their worst periods at any given week.  

I think I’m just kidding but not quite sure :D

41 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Maybe we should keep a running list of the little girl crybabies.  This way maybe they’ll recognize the fact that they’re perceived as such & think twice before they whine.  :shrug:

They can be ranked too so we know which ones are having their worst periods at any given week.  

I think I’m just kidding but not quite sure :D

Then, quit your whinin’!:tiphat:

7 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

May the best man win.

Not me.  I still don’t love it if he’s the swing tackle.  If he’s not starting, it’s not a great use of resources IMO.  Just like Garland getting 3 mill last year.  Seemed too much for a backup

People whine about Rico earning 4 mill per year but he is top 15 at his position.  Ty making more and likely a backup

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Not me.  I still don’t love it if he’s the swing tackle.  If he’s not starting, it’s not a great use of resources IMO.  Just like Garland getting 3 mill last year.  Seemed too much for a backup

People whine about Rico earning 4 mill per year but he is top 15 at his position.  Ty making more and likely a backup

But this is it for me.

Its way to early to speculate on what he is or isn’t.Im fully expecting an early pick and if so I see RT is insulated with Sombrero there.

In fact I’m seeing at least 2 draft picks on the Oline and early one and a mid rounder.

But what’ll happen round here is if it’s a name not recognised I fair the same old will insue.

FalconsIn2012 likes this