Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FalconofShadows

Rashan Gary

12 posts in this topic

Watching his  tape I have a feeling Dan Quinn is going to fall in love with him. I dont know if he is going to make it to the 14th pick but, with his size and athletic ability I believe he can line up at DE in running situations and a DT in  Passing situations. We know how much Dan Quinn loves his versatility players and I think he is someone to watch come April

I definitely see smoke on this pick.

I've seen plenty of teams picking in the top 10 whose fans have griped about the prospect of choosing him so quickly. Seems too good to be true, but I really hope he makes it to 14 and we scoop him up.

I have a hard time thinking he's going to be picked in the top 5-10. Usually defensive linemen picked that high have more production. 

I posted this in another thread.

A lot of people sleep on Rashan Gary but like Takk McKinley, Gary played in a similar read-and-react system that Don Brown ran and didn't get a lot of sacks (Same thing happened to Frank Clark who only had 11 sacks in 4 seasons at Michigan)(Gary 9.5 in 3 seasons). If he drops to 14 (I doubt it) Quinn will be all over him.

“The techniques that he teaches me and just how to rush as a passer, [he’s taught me] a lot of things I didn’t know,” McKinley said of Quinn. “Having that education of pass rushing has been helping, a lot.”

McKinley recorded 16 sacks in his three seasons at UCLA. In the Bruins’ defensive scheme, McKinley operated under a “read-and-react” approach where his speed and athleticism allowed him to get pressure on the passer despite a lot stopping at the line of scrimmage.

This isn’t the case with Atlanta’s scheme. Quinn trains his defensive lineman to attack all the time – all gas, no breaks.

“It’s a big jump from the schemes that some of the colleges play and certainly in the Pac-12 where they use lots of zone-read and lots of stopping at the line of scrimmage,” Quinn said. “It suits them to play square because there are so many zone-read plays in college.”

On 2/21/2019 at 2:55 AM, kiwifalcon said:

I don’t know what it is but Gary and Wilkins I just can’t get with as picks.

I dunno why I’m just not feeling them as picks for us.

He was the first guy I liked when I started scouting the draft. I've since cooled on him. He is rising up big boards tough. I've been seeing him ranked 4th recently.

On 2/21/2019 at 0:55 AM, kiwifalcon said:

I don’t know what it is but Gary and Wilkins I just can’t get with as picks.

I dunno why I’m just not feeling them as picks for us.

yep, When I checked out Gary and Winovich I though Win had a much better game. i recognize Gary's gifts but I don't see a guy that's impacting the game the way I would expect.

1 hour ago, The O.D.B said:

yep, When I checked out Gary and Winovich I though Win had a much better game. i recognize Gary's gifts but I don't see a guy that's impacting the game the way I would expect.

I’ve heard a lot that Gary played a lot at DE When really he’s a projected 3T at the next level.For me that’s the element of risk he’s being drafted and rated on that projection I think.

I could be wrong but for me I’ve tried to like him and Wilkins and I just haven’t got there with these 2.

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

I’ve heard a lot that Gary played a lot at DE When really he’s a projected 3T at the next level.For me that’s the element of risk he’s being drafted and rated on that projection I think.

I could be wrong but for me I’ve tried to like him and Wilkins and I just haven’t got there with these 2.

Wilkins i don't mind at all i think he is a pretty good get but im 1000% with you on Gary i don't like that cat at all.  To have all that athletic ability and potential but yet be so lazy and have your work ethic and production question is a big red flag to me.  I never want to or like taking guys who need to be motivated or lack desire in the 1st round because if you are that talented you should already want to be great. 

kiwifalcon and Artys Arryn like this