Jump to content

Scripted games?


Flying Falcon
 Share

Recommended Posts

It's not scripted. There are too many variables and too many people who'd have to be in on it.

It's simply officiated to keep the games close. That's completely within the guidelines of the NFL charter as an entertainment product. It's not even a conspiracy. It's "protecting the value of your assets".

You want proof? Someone do the research. Take the following 4 penalties, the "judgement calls":

Offensive holding

Defensive holding

Defensive PI

Offensive PI

Measure the % of time these specific calls went AGAINST the team with the lead over about a 5 year period to get enough data. You wanna make it more relevant, only count the 2nd half.

I'd venture its between 60-70%

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, TheUsualStuff said:

Who is going this year? Both teams please...

I suppose you made a killing in Vegas, and by golly so will I this year!

Wouldn't you think we would be real quiet about it if we knew? Sort of like the rest of the people in the know?

Edited by Cheap Talk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

Who is this elephant? Let me guess it's a alien? Or maybe Roger Goodell is the alien sent from space to ruin all of sports?

What other conspiracy theories you got for me?

You have not been following along have you? What have we been talking about for 6-pages? Then you bring-up aliens?

You just lost all credibility, and then some.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, since68andcounting said:

It's not scripted. There are too many variables and too many people who'd have to be in on it.

It's simply officiated to keep the games close. That's completely within the guidelines of the NFL charter as an entertainment product. It's not even a conspiracy. It's "protecting the value of your assets".

You want proof? Someone do the research. Take the following 4 penalties, the "judgement calls":

Offensive holding

Defensive holding

Defensive PI

Offensive PI

Measure the % of time these specific calls went AGAINST the team with the lead over about a 5 year period to get enough data. You wanna make it more relevant, only count the 2nd half.

I'd venture its between 60-70%

 

I agree with the scripting part.  There ARE too many variables involved.  The fact is they don't need to script games.  The refs have great power over the outcome of the games.  I BARELY watch the NBA for that reason...  In the Superbowl they kept the score low in order to give the Patriots a chance. Everytime the Rams made a play, the flag came out.  The Patriots SUCK big time.  They are a NFL creation..

Edited by slickgadawg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

I agree with the scripting part.  There ARE too many variables involved.  The fact is they don't need to script games.  The refs have great power over the outcome of the games.  I BARELY watch the NBA for that reason...  In the Superbowl they kept the score low in order to give the Patriots a chance. Everytime the Rams made a play, the flag came out.  The Patriots SUCK big time.  They are a NFL creation..

Could not have said it better, on the money! 

I used to do sports news for a large station in Atlanta covering the Braves, Hawks, Soccer, Racing, and Falcons. From experience, the NBA is by far the biggest joke in sports. Used to get into the sport religiously, until having a chance to get behind the scenes to see what it was all about. Really should not go into much detail, but trust me, the NBA is/was the bottom dweller.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Cheap Talk said:

Wouldn't you think we would be real quiet about it if we knew? Sort of like the rest of the people in the know?

Tell that to the person I was responding to who was on here bragging about their ability to predict who is going to be in the SB.

This is what I feel like every time I make the mistake of opening this thread to see what new heights of nonsense it has ascended to now....

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TheUsualStuff said:

Tell that to the person I was responding to who was on here bragging about their ability to predict who is going to be in the SB.

This is what I feel like every time I make the mistake of opening this thread to see what new heights of nonsense it has ascended to now....

As usual with this group you have probably taken things out of context again. Don't you think the average person could predict on any given year it is going to be NE (50% of SBs since 2001) and one of the other 31 teams left. Another good guess would be the RAMs, it is a new market and one of if not the largest in the US. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

As usual with this group you have probably taken things out of context again. Don't you think the average person could predict on any given year it is going to be NE (50% of SBs since 2001) and one of the other 31 teams left. Another good guess would be the RAMs, it is a new market and one of if not the largest in the US. 

So why didn't the Rams make it last year, their first in LA. Surely that is a bigger story? Why didn't the Rams win the Superbowl - the NFL gains very little from the Pats winning a 6th time? How about the Falcons winning in Atlanta (the first host team to do so) - that is a far bigger story. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

So why didn't the Rams make it last year, their first in LA. Surely that is a bigger story? Why didn't the Rams win the Superbowl - the NFL gains very little from the Pats winning a 6th time? How about the Falcons winning in Atlanta (the first host team to do so) - that is a far bigger story. 

If I am one of the powers-that-be, I would want to keeping fooling the public while still getting what I want. Do you think anything you said might be a little too obvious? They took the RAMs in baby steps to keep tantalizing the public, if they win it all in 1st year everything after that is a letdown.

As far as the Pats are concerned that one is easy, when he realize the power their fat grubby owner has over the NFL, and the fact that he always wants a piece of the limelight. Not sure I buy in to the red-white-blue theory? Atlanta's turn is coming but has been delayed because the SB was played in Atlanta this year, not vice versa.

The fact that Atlanta has never won a SB, and then win it the year it comes to their City is just too much of a coincidence don't you think? Remember if I am one of the powers-that-be, I want to keeping fooling the public while still getting what I want.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

If I am one of the powers-that-be, I would want to keeping fooling the public while still getting what I want. Do you think anything you said might be a little too obvious? They took the RAMs in baby steps to keep tantalizing the public, if they win it all in 1st year everything after that is a letdown.

As far as the Pats are concerned that one is easy, when he realize the power their fat grubby owner has over the NFL, and the fact that he always wants a piece of the limelight. Not sure I buy in to the red-white-blue theory? Atlanta's turn is coming but has been delayed because the SB was played in Atlanta this year, not vice versa.

The fact that Atlanta has never won a SB, and then win it the year it comes to their City is just too much of a coincidence don't you think? Remember if I am one of the powers-that-be, I want to keeping fooling the public while still getting what I want.

tenor.gif?itemid=4438513

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Cheap Talk said:

As usual with this group you have probably taken things out of context again. Don't you think the average person could predict on any given year it is going to be NE (50% of SBs since 2001) and one of the other 31 teams left. Another good guess would be the RAMs, it is a new market and one of if not the largest in the US. 

I didn't take anything out of context. I took it in the exact context in which it was offered and replied accordingly.

You are quite clearly just talking out of your rear end each and everytime a logic bullet is fired towards this nonsense.

I wasn't even replying to you for the general record.. you've just chosen to bloviate more nonsense to muddy the water further.

As far as who I was responding to... again; if it so obvious who will be in the SB each year based on the conspiratorial circumstantial evidence, I expect you've made enough money to retire after the last two seasons, and you should help thw brotherhood out by sharing the knowledge for the 2019 season.

Thanking you in advance for everyone!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

I didn't take anything out of context. I took it in the exact context in which it was offered and replied accordingly.

You are quite clearly just talking out of your rear end each and everytime a logic bullet is fired towards this nonsense.

I wasn't even replying to you for the general record.. you've just chosen to bloviate more nonsense to muddy the water further.

As far as who I was responding to... again; if it so obvious who will be in the SB each year based on the conspiratorial circumstantial evidence, I expect you've made enough money to retire after the last two seasons, and you should help thw brotherhood out by sharing the knowledge for the 2019 season.

Thanking you in advance for everyone!

Gotcha :tiphat:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...