Scripted games?

Flying Falcon

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, papachaz said:

oh yeah, I mean they can script a guy catching the ball on the back of his helmet or inches from the ground on the exact play it needs to happen on....  :rolleyes:

Let's not get ridiculous. We do not know how they do it for sure, but they do it. 'They' get the outcome they want.

After you watch so much NFL football it just dawns on you what is going on. Maybe you have a few hundred hours more of viewing before it finally hits you?

7 hours ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

lol here we go again

When this subject pops up I cannot help myself. Almost feel like it is a duty to get people to think.

Then when people challenge me with ridiculous and demeaning comments, like 'landing on the moon' and 'tin foil hats', it get's serious.

My suggestion would be when someone posts something like this, is to respect the subject matter for its own sake and politely disagree. The discussion would probably end in an hour or two, and float to the bottom of the page.

7 hours ago, AtlantaFanatic said:

As far as I'm concerned, you're a conspiracy theorist.

With your mentality we would never have attempted to fly, we would never have dissected cadavers to learn more about human anatomy. The list is endless of breaking through the barrier of accepted ideas, with new thinking that challenged the old.

You are sad Sir, just keep doing what told and be a good boy. If you have a thought that is outside the norm, please go take a cold shower.

52 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

It's his opinion, as the opposite of it is yours.

Ill give you the Kathy Griffin one as an opinion. Earth being flat isn't. It's not an opinion that the NFL is rigged. It's incorrect. People who are wrong don't need the blow softened by telling them its an opinion and they are entitled to it. 

9 hours ago, papachaz said:

I quit watching when he got to '99' Brees and Donald's name both = 99, 99 days since Jared Goffs birthday...etc etc etc....if you look hard enough for this kind of garbage, you can find it. 

Someone convince me that the NFL has someone in their offices who is sitting down and saying "ok, Brees name = 99, Donald's name = 99, and by chance Goff's birthday was 99 days before this game was played, SOOOOO that means the refs have to intentionally miss calls (exactly when they did, all throughout the game) Brees has to throw the interceptions on the plays he did, Payton has to call silly plays instead of the plays even the casual fan knows he should run, JUST so the Rams can come back in OT and win at exactly the right score.....

riiiiiiggghhhhtttttt

some of the conspiracy theories are almost believable, but this one, nahhhhh

Brees wears 9:   9 years since the Saints won* their Super Bowl

Donald wears 99:  Rams won their SB in the ‘99 season. . . 

IT’S HIDING IN PLAIN SIGHT, PEOPLE. . . .

(and I heard from a reliable source that Freddie Falcon is a Freemason. . . . . :ninja: )

27 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

With your mentality we would never have attempted to fly, we would never have dissected cadavers to learn more about human anatomy. The list is endless of breaking through the barrier of accepted ideas, with new thinking that challenged the old.

You are sad Sir, just keep doing what told and be a good boy. If you have a thought that is outside the norm, please go take a cold shower.

Oh geez man. Terrible anaologies followed up by assuming I can't have an original thought and sad because I don't believe your wild consipriacy that you can't prove?

By the way. This is what you guys all do. Tell everyone your crazy idea, tell people you're more advanced and "woke" than they are. Talk in circles when asked to bring more than loose circumstantial evidence to the table, then insult them by using "boy" or something similar. Wash. Rinse. Repeat. 

8 minutes ago, AtlantaFanatic said:

Oh geez man. Terrible anaologies followed up by assuming I can't have an original thought and sad because I don't believe your wild consipriacy that you can't prove?

By the way. This is what you guys all do. Tell everyone your crazy idea, tell people you're more advanced and "woke" than they are. Talk in circles when asked to bring more than loose circumstantial evidence to the table, then insult them by using "boy" or something similar. Wash. Rinse. Repeat. 

You should have thought about all these things before you loosely lump someone into the 'Conspiracy Theorist' box. You lost all credibility by doing that! This is a subject in it's own right, and should be discussed that way, unless you are afraid of what might be uncovered. These types of generalizations sways public opinion to your side, so you think. In reality it only discredits you and your credibility. 

You got it, wash-rinse-repeat. You keep taking those showers now ya hear!.

16 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Responding to him only gives him power. He has no evidence, only conclusions, and you can't argue against conclusions. 

Don't think you could keep up if we were to discuss this in full, based on what I have seen from previous posts of yours.

We will not do that here again, out of respect to Larry the Admin/Monitor. 

1 hour ago, AtlantaFanatic said:

Ill give you the Kathy Griffin one as an opinion. Earth being flat isn't. It's not an opinion that the NFL is rigged. It's incorrect. People who are wrong don't need the blow softened by telling them its an opinion and they are entitled to it. 

I'm sorry but how do you know whether the NFL is rigged or not? I'm sorry but none of us are privy to proof either way. 

You ever thought just how easy it would be to rig games? You don't need to buy players, just A play. One official, one turned eye.

16 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I'm sorry but how do you know whether the NFL is rigged or not? I'm sorry but none of us are privy to proof either way. 

You ever thought just how easy it would be to rig games? You don't need to buy players, just A play. One official, one turned eye.

Not really, far more complicated than that

Conspiracy theorists like to think that these things are far more simple than they'd actually be

Most games wouldn't be able to be determined by one person or one play, which would then require more people. and more, and the problems continue to increase the more you think about it

The same is said for all the conspiracy theories mentioned in here. It's why most just laugh at them. It's quite funny how those who support them so often flaunt their intellectual superiority and talk down to those who laugh at them, when their ideas present far more problems. It does make it easy not waste time with them though, since they are never skeptical people looking for evidence, but people who determine their own conclusions based on what they subconsciously perceive to be easier realities. 

JFK was shot by one guy. The other ideas are far more problematic. 

Sometimes the truth is just simpler.

It is worth noting here that there are different kinds of knowing. There are things which we know as fact or fiction, but most things do not fall in that category. Most things are based on weak or strong evidence, and when we say that we "know" them, it is merely referring to the argument for it being stronger than the alternative.

That said, just because we don't know that the NFL isn't rigged, doesn't mean we don't know that the NFL isn't rigged.

15 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Because if you watch the NFL you see some athletes make some incredible plays that you can't rig and those plays determine the outcome. There's no real motive to do so. The vast amount of people who would have to buy into rigging NFL games would be too large of a secret to keep all these years. 

There literally has never been any evidence to suggest that the league is rigged so why would you even think that way unless you are trying to be different for the **** of it or you're trolling? That's why the references to tin foil hats have been mentioned on this thread. I'm welcome to proven wrong on any subject but I've seen all the YouTube videos and not one has shown me any real evidence that its rigged. 

12 hours ago, nolove4thecrook said:

im not a big numbers connection guy but one thing sticks out in my mind. Year before last when we played buffalo Matt Ryan clearly threw the ball ten yards down field it was ruled a fumble that resulted in a td. I need to find that play its like we spotted buffalo 7 points. 

You should look into the 3,6,9 numbers. They are fun to play around with.

"If one understood the significance of the numbers 3,6,9 than one would hold a key to the universe."-Nikola Tesla.

18 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Not really, far more complicated than that

Conspiracy theorists like to think that these things are far more simple than they'd actually be

Most games wouldn't be able to be determined by one person or one play, which would then require more people. and more, and the problems continue to increase the more you think about it

The same is said for all the conspiracy theories mentioned in here. It's why most just laugh at them. It's quite funny how those who support them so often flaunt their intellectual superiority and talk down to those who laugh at them, when their ideas present far more problems. It does make it easy not waste time with them though, since they are never skeptical people looking for evidence, but people who determine their own conclusions based on what they subconsciously perceive to be easier realities. 

JFK was shot by one guy. The other ideas are far more problematic. 

Sometimes the truth is just simpler.

Not getting into the JFK theory as firing 3 shots with the worst bolt action rifle made during the war within the time frame, without aiming, is problematic in itself. I hold no beliefs only ideas. Ideas can change beliefs are graven. 

Edited by ATLSlobberKnockers

3 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Not getting into the JFK theory as firing 3 shots with the worst bolt action rifle made during the war within the time frame, without aiming, is problematic in itself. I hold no beliefs only ideas. Ideas can change beliefs are graven. 

I'll only say, have you ever seen the gun used to fire 3 shots? It's not as insane as some want to believe it is.

If you want there to be a conspiracy, there always will be, because there will always be cracks in what we know (as in first hand). However, when you (not you specifically) try to tell your own account of what happened, based solely in your own imagination, it creates a tale far more laden with cracks, than the one which you just set out to disprove. 

It's why there are far more failed writers than successful ones, or at least, among the reasons. (stupid fifty shades of grey <_<)

!

17 minutes ago, AtlantaFanatic said:

Because if you watch the NFL you see some athletes make some incredible plays that you can't rig and those plays determine the outcome. There's no real motive to do so. The vast amount of people who would have to buy into rigging NFL games would be too large of a secret to keep all these years. 

There literally has never been any evidence to suggest that the league is rigged so why would you even think that way unless you are trying to be different for the **** of it or you're trolling? That's why the references to tin foil hats have been mentioned on this thread. I'm welcome to proven wrong on any subject but I've seen all the YouTube videos and not one has shown me any real evidence that its rigged. 

I agree to the difficulty that "scripting" games would cause. But money would obviously be the motive. In my experience, when billions of dollars are at stake, there's never totally fair to all. Even it is rigged, it's fun to watch.

But let's look at professional sports objectively. The world series has been bought in the past. The entire team was enlisted to throw the game. Jackson refused, alledgedly, but he didn't blow the whistle on it. How many times had it happened before they were caught?

At it's core football is a game of inches. Those inches are determined, routinely, by officials who work part-time and are payed a vastly smaller amount than the players themselves.

This game of inches determined by underpaid part-time workers has 32 teams owned by 32 billionaires. The players of those teams are payed tens, or hundreds of times more money than they would be able to make if they were to use their degrees in the workforce. These players have no idea how long they have to acquire this wealth. Is it not possible that the highest paid players could be in league with the owners to ensure the golden goose keeps ****ting eggs? Who would ever blow the whistle if so? One would assume your life would be in danger. When Mason's are initiated a blade is placed on their left breast and told to remember the feeling if they ever utter a word of what transpires inside the hall. One would assume the threat of harm to onesself, or worse, ones family would exist in the modern gladiator arena.

If given the choice of millions of dollars, or being killed, everyone ion this forum would take the money and shut up. Actually the real question in that scenario becomes, what is the motive to blow the whistle on the operation? People are remarkably good at doing what their told by the hands that feed them.

The problem lies with words like rigged, scripted, and fixed. 

Does the NFL have financial incentives to want certain teams in big games or certain "story lines" to play out? I think yes.

I don't see how many games can be fixed, but calls can be made and not made to give a team a chance or keep games close. The league wants advertisement money and the audience has to stay tuned in.

Its no secret the NFL wanted a team in Los Angeles, especially a successful one.

The teams still ultimately decide the outcome, but it wouldn't take that much to give a side a push and handicap another in key moments.

In my opinion some games are managed...officials.

I don't buy in to that numbers stuff and glad the Saints lost lol.

Let's also not forget many TATF members holler "Katrina Bowl" to this very day.