Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flying Falcon

Scripted games?

140 posts in this topic

im not a big numbers connection guy but one thing sticks out in my mind. Year before last when we played buffalo Matt Ryan clearly threw the ball ten yards down field it was ruled a fumble that resulted in a td. I need to find that play its like we spotted buffalo 7 points. 

1 hour ago, EJmusic said:

Who's scripting the games? Because I can tell you right now, Matt Ryan ain't that good of an actor.

You are right, he is still learning. He was a little hesitant in the SB, but seems to be a lot smoother this year.

Faithful Falcon likes this

1 hour ago, AtlantaFanatic said:

If you want to believe the NFL is scripted and rigged, the earth is flat, and Kathy Griffin is funny, so be it. Just know your opinion does mean less than everyone elses. 

Not sure what you mean here? Scripting games in the NFL is a serious subject, as far as I am concerned, and deserves not to be lumped in with anything else that would demean the topic.

I quit watching when he got to '99' Brees and Donald's name both = 99, 99 days since Jared Goffs birthday...etc etc etc....if you look hard enough for this kind of garbage, you can find it. 

Someone convince me that the NFL has someone in their offices who is sitting down and saying "ok, Brees name = 99, Donald's name = 99, and by chance Goff's birthday was 99 days before this game was played, SOOOOO that means the refs have to intentionally miss calls (exactly when they did, all throughout the game) Brees has to throw the interceptions on the plays he did, Payton has to call silly plays instead of the plays even the casual fan knows he should run, JUST so the Rams can come back in OT and win at exactly the right score.....

riiiiiiggghhhhtttttt

some of the conspiracy theories are almost believable, but this one, nahhhhh

53 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

Not sure what you mean here? Scripting games in the NFL is a serious subject, as far as I am concerned, and deserves not to be lumped in with anything else that would demean the topic.

oh yeah, I mean they can script a guy catching the ball on the back of his helmet or inches from the ground on the exact play it needs to happen on....  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Cheap Talk said:

You are right, he is still learning. He was a little hesitant in the SB, but seems to be a lot smoother this year.

Right....

Yeah the NFL really wanted the Rams to be the underdog that takes it all the way to a huge SB win, that's why they won against the Ain'ts and then went on to smash the Patriots in the SB.

Oh wait. 

They're not scripted. You wouldn't have a no call like the Rams/Saints game deciding it if that was the case. That was bad for the NFL. Real bad. I would lean more towards referees being bribed though. 

7 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

Yeah the NFL really wanted the Rams to be the underdog that takes it all the way to a huge SB win, that's why they won against the Ain'ts and then went on to smash the Patriots in the SB.

Oh wait. 

Lol, the NFL set it up to have the lowest rated SB in 10 years :lol:

2 hours ago, Cheap Talk said:

As far as I'm concerned, you're a conspiracy theorist.

13 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

They must be paying the players all kinds of hush money because for not one of them to say a peep on something they'd have to be in on is pretty remarkable. I'd say kap would have spilled the beans by now....

LOL, I love this stupid a** conspiracy topic.

I agree with you. It would be necessary to payoff almost half the team. That means, you need to payoff the impact and mediocre players on both sides of the ball.That would mean there would have to be an invisible cap or shadow contracts somewhere that we the fans don't see in order to make the payments. It's either that or all teams risk bankruptcy. 

(What a moronic topic.)

AtlantaFanatic likes this

The NFCCG was rigged and the most inconspicuous way they could come up with to get the Rams to the SB was a blown call down the sideline with nobody around.

All so they could get a team with essentially no fan base into the Super Bowl.

OK 

10 hours ago, AtlantaFanatic said:

If you want to believe the NFL is scripted and rigged, the earth is flat, and Kathy Griffin is funny, so be it. Just know your opinion does mean less than everyone elses. 

It's his opinion, as the opposite of it is yours.