Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cole World

Players union franchise tag projections

12 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

Anyone else find it strange there's DE's and DT's, but then just OL instead of Center, Guard, and Tackle? 

It's funny how WR's and CB's get paid more than most of the trenches even though it all starts on the lines. 

NFL definitely needs a re-alignment here. One day, GMs will collectively figure this out, and the pay scale will be adjusted accordingly.

Edited by ATL Fan in the DMV
ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

I really wish we could sign at least a three year contract with Grady Jarrett, a five year would be sweet. If not I would not be too upset with " DT: $15.355M " for a one year designation. We have lots of other contracts to worry about next year. For some reason I just don't get everything I want all the time, hhhhmmmm!?!?!?! Hey, he's the son of our very own "The Hammer" and he has certainly proven himself on the field. We lost way too much with Dontari Poe and Adrian Clayborn leaving last year. Let's get 'er done.

6 minutes ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

NFL definitely needs a re-alignment here. One day, GMs will collectively figure this out, and the pay scale will be adjusted accordingly.

It's because WR and CB's bring in the money simple as that. I love our OL and DL, but you don't hear Alex Mack name making a spectacular catch 40 yards out from Matt Ryan where everyone screaming at the TV.

12 hours ago, Zone#7 said:

It's because WR and CB's bring in the money simple as that. I love our OL and DL, but you don't hear Alex Mack name making a spectacular catch 40 yards out from Matt Ryan where everyone screaming at the TV.

This certainly has a large role to play as those skill positions are usually the flashy ones with the really marketable players and highlight reels.

Be interesting to see what player salaries look like in 10 years or so with more focus placed on the trenches.

Edited by ATL Fan in the DMV
Hurry_Up_And_Buy likes this

Man, we better get DeBo done soon. He and Hoop got $25avg on surface by this time next year.:ninja:

Possibly better if they are extended during this season?

5 minutes ago, Drew4719 said:

Don’t worry, he’ll take priority over any other defensive player. He’s too important to ever get to free agency.

Man I hope so. I feel like he is a special player and him being gone last year is the main reason we struggled. No offense to Allen and Neal but there is something about a Jones and Atlanta that is a good thing lol.

6 hours ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

Anyone else find it strange there's DE's and DT's, but then just OL instead of Center, Guard, and Tackle? 

It's funny how WR's and CB's get paid more than most of the trenches even though it all starts on the lines. 

Not really, WRs and cbs are the most athletic and physically gifted athletes on the field