ATLSlobberKnockers

What will Irvin cost?

42 posts in this topic

I have no idea what Bruce Irvin will bring in this f.a. 

What are you guys thinking? 

Let's put over/under at 3/22/18

I'm thinking it's going to be over. Whoever signs him is prob going to have to pay 9 or ten per.

Edited by ATLSlobberKnockers

He made 9.25 per season in his second contract which he got from Oakland. He's now in his 30s. I wouldn't expect us to have to match that. He also seemed to make clear when we signed him, and to a 1yr 1.5 deal, that he had already gotten his money, and it wasn't what was most important to him now.

We'll see what happens, but I'm just not sure this'll be a backbreaker. maybe, we'll see

dirtybird2k5 likes this

10 minutes ago, hjerry said:

He made 9.25 per season in his second contract which he got from Oakland. He's now in his 30s. I wouldn't expect us to have to match that. He also seemed to make clear when we signed him, and to a 1yr 1.5 deal, that he had already gotten his money, and it wasn't what was most important to him now.

We'll see what happens, but I'm just not sure this'll be a backbreaker. maybe, we'll see

That's true he turned down more lucrative deals from pats and steelers

2 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Irvin will get 7-8 million per on a 3 year deal

Yeah I think that's what we will give him. Think he could get more to play elsewhere but think he wants to play at home

Falconsin2012 likes this

6 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I'm thinking it's going to be over. Whoever signs him is prob going to have to pay 9 or ten per.

Def under.

6 hours ago, hjerry said:

His deal here was also pro-rated to be fair.

i think 4-6M per season is his range.

7 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

3 arms, 5 eyes, and 2 teeth

1 hour ago, dmo_dlo said:

We paid him 1.5M for half year, not sure where the 8-9M numbers are coming from?

His deal with Oakland was 4-year $37m.  They released him in the middle of year-3.   Our $1.5 was on top of $8m the Raider's paid him, so he still got $9.5m last year.

Falconsin2012 and UnrealfalcoN like this

he may stay on the market for a bit to find where his value will be at. at this point in his career, hes probably gonna land around 6-8 million. he needs to find the right scheme fit though which goves us an advantage

6 hours ago, Brewcrew said:

His deal with Oakland was 4-year $37m.  They released him in the middle of year-3.   Our $1.5 was on top of $8m the Raider's paid him, so he still got $9.5m last year.

That's irrelevant. Raiders paid that $8M, so the cost to whatever team signing him was just the additional money and that was where the market for him settled. His market value for 8 games was $1.5M (well, maybe a bit more because he claimed that Patriots and Steelers were paying him more), so last year mid-season his value was about $3M per year. Now he performed well for his limited time here, so I expect that he may get more, like around $4-5M per year.

We are talking about a guy who is going to be 32 this season & through 7 years in the NFL has yet to put up more than 8 sacks in a season.

I like him, but at this stage of his career & considering what he realistically brings to the table, anything over $4M/year seems kinds generous to me.

10 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

I don't think he is worth $7m+ a year at this point in his career, but we'll see... FA is crazy.

That's the the thing. Teams go nuts these days overpaying.