Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falcons Fan MVP

will the Falcons be able to fix all/most their issues this off season?

40 posts in this topic

Do you guys think the Falcons will be able to fix enough of their issues this off season and in the Draft and in Free agency to be a serious Super Bowl contender in 2019? 

1. offensive line

2. defensive line

3. Tevin Coleman's replacement (I personally would resign him.)

4. Any other minor needs that we may have.

2 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Do you guys think the Falcons will be able to fix enough of their issues this off season and in the Draft and in Free agency to be a serious Super Bowl contender in 2019? 

1. offensive line

2. defensive line

Not if we don't cut more players and free up more cap. I'm looking at you Beasley, Shredder, Fusco and Bosher. That's $25.2M right there. On top of the $33.1M we have already. We can go to work with $58.3M.

4 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Not if we don't cut more players and free up more cap. I'm looking at you Beasley, Shredder, Fusco and Bosher. That's $25.2M right there. On top of the $33.1M we have already. We can go to work with $58.3M.

Matt Bosher my boy! GOAT punter :)

Yeah, we'll be contenders.  But we'll probably let Grady walk and so we'll need to get some above average non-star types to fill these spots and hope for the best with injury luck next year.

25 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Matt Bosher my boy! GOAT punter :)

Can't get his kick offs to the end zone anymore, been in the bottom half of the league in punting for two years running and has a hitch in his giddyup that leads to punt blocks. Give me that $2.6M. If Ice Bryant can go Bosher definitely can.

Big_Dog, Flyin' In DC, vel and 5 others like this

38 minutes ago, DogIsYourName said:

Yeah, we'll be contenders.  But we'll probably let Grady walk and so we'll need to get some above average non-star types to fill these spots and hope for the best with injury luck next year.

Let Grady walk?! I'd be shocked.

Big_Dog likes this

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

We can make something happen with that kind of money....

49 minutes ago, DogIsYourName said:

:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

1 hour ago, jdawg4876 said:

Once again we agree for once Falcon fan 1970 the only way I'd keep Beasley is on a massive contract reduction. 

Falcons need to release Beasley.  Let the market set his price.   If its low enough, TD can offer Beasley a one year heavy incentive contract.   Let Beasley show he deserves a longer term deal.   If not with us, then someone.

And I would still be looking for another young DE to develop.   Might even draft one in the first round, if a good one falls to us.  Takk, Means, Beasley, draftee or two...maybe Irvin if he can be  had for around six million per?  Depending on what we do with our O line in FA.

13 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

1. offensive line

2. defensive line

1. Sign a FA, draft one

2. Resign Jarrett, draft one

3. Draft 

4. Draft, minor signings, UDFA

13 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Can't get his kick offs to the end zone anymore, been in the bottom half of the league in punting for two years running and has a hitch in his giddyup that leads to punt blocks. Give me that $2.6M. If Ice Bryant can go Bosher definitely can.

This is a HUGE issue. I have to hold my breath every time he punts. I am sure we could find a punter that can do better than he has done recently and cheaper too

Only if we make smart draft choices also choose wisely with free agents and get lucky with injuries. I don't have as much confidence in Quinn anymore. 

egoprime II likes this

14 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

This. 

Are those four guys worth 13% of the cap? Fusco didn't play a snap. Beasley is massively underperforming. Schraeder was benched. Punters are people but they are replaceable. 

Here's more context: Bosher has a top ten cap hit for punters. Is he a top ten punter? Like you said, if we can let Bryant walk for $3MM, we can let Bosher walk. Michael Dickson is costing the Seahawks $640k. Punters are available every year. 

Vic's cap hit is top five on the team, larger than Matthews and Mack. Who's giving us a return of a top five roster player? Not Vic. Simple. 

These aren't hard moves. 

1 hour ago, vel said:

This. 

Are those four guys worth 13% of the cap? Fusco didn't play a snap. Beasley is massively underperforming. Schraeder was benched. Punters are people but they are replaceable. 

Here's more context: Bosher has a top ten cap hit for punters. Is he a top ten punter? Like you said, if we can let Bryant walk for $3MM, we can let Bosher walk. Michael Dickson is costing the Seahawks $640k. Punters are available every year. 

Vic's cap hit is top five on the team, larger than Matthews and Mack. Who's giving us a return of a top five roster player? Not Vic. Simple. 

These aren't hard moves. 

Fusco played 7 games last year before getting hurt.

egoprime II and athell like this

2 hours ago, Knight of God said:

1. Sign a FA, draft one

3. Draft 

I would imagine this is just what Dimitroff has written on his office chalk board in response to those exact questions. KOG doing some remote viewing. :D

Knight of God likes this

22 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

Fusco played 7 games last year before getting hurt.

I was exaggerating. It felt like he didn't play a single snap lol

egoprime II likes this

In general, no, no team ever fixes all of its issues. 

Are the Falcons well situated to be competitive again? Absolutely. Doesnt mean they will but theres a good talent level on both sides of the ball, a ton of experience on the coaching staff, a great QB/WR situation. 

3 hours ago, Knight of God said:

1. Sign a FA, draft one

3. Draft 

That's my formula as well.  I was hoping there was room for a FA DT as well, but am less sure of that now.

But you take 4 OL and DL between the FA and first 3 rounds of the draft and you have a good shot.  A much better shot if you're able to cover 2 in FA, and take another DL and OL in first 2 rounds (guys you can reasonably expect to contribute immediately).

Then you use your later rounds for RB, CB, LB.

They'd have to have a good draft, but it's very doable.

Knight of God and PokerSteve like this

Fix the lines, the rest will take  care of itself. One big FA signing on each line, spend the first two picks on the lines as well, this team will be MUCH improved. Good lines can make RBs and CBs look  better than they are.

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

Can’t fix em all, but we have to get the most important ones (o-line & d-line) first and foremost if we don’t do ish else. 

Edited by The Vent King

3 hours ago, vel said:

Yes. And to the inevitable stats-brigade remember that punters don't do anything on their own (Except when everyone else sucks so bad that they need to punt and tackle on the same play...).

6 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

I would imagine this is just what Dimitroff has written on his office chalk board in response to those exact questions. KOG doing some remote viewing. :D

Hey it’s an easy answer.