Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falcons Fan MVP

will the Falcons be able to fix all/most their issues this off season?

40 posts in this topic

Do you guys think the Falcons will be able to fix enough of their issues this off season and in the Draft and in Free agency to be a serious Super Bowl contender in 2019? 

1. offensive line

2. defensive line

3. Tevin Coleman's replacement (I personally would resign him.)

4. Any other minor needs that we may have.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Do you guys think the Falcons will be able to fix enough of their issues this off season and in the Draft and in Free agency to be a serious Super Bowl contender in 2019? 

1. offensive line

2. defensive line

3. Tevin Coleman's replacement (I personally would resign him.)

4. Any other minor needs that we may have.

 

 

Not if we don't cut more players and free up more cap. I'm looking at you Beasley, Shredder, Fusco and Bosher. That's $25.2M right there. On top of the $33.1M we have already. We can go to work with $58.3M.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Not if we don't cut more players and free up more cap. I'm looking at you Beasley, Shredder, Fusco and Bosher. That's $25.2M right there. On top of the $33.1M we have already. We can go to work with $58.3M.

Matt Bosher my boy! GOAT punter :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, we'll be contenders.  But we'll probably let Grady walk and so we'll need to get some above average non-star types to fill these spots and hope for the best with injury luck next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Matt Bosher my boy! GOAT punter :)

Can't get his kick offs to the end zone anymore, been in the bottom half of the league in punting for two years running and has a hitch in his giddyup that leads to punt blocks. Give me that $2.6M. If Ice Bryant can go Bosher definitely can.

Big_Dog, Flyin' In DC, vel and 5 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, DogIsYourName said:

Yeah, we'll be contenders.  But we'll probably let Grady walk and so we'll need to get some above average non-star types to fill these spots and hope for the best with injury luck next year.

Let Grady walk?! I'd be shocked.

Big_Dog likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Not if we don't cut more players and free up more cap. I'm looking at you Beasley, Shredder, Fusco and Bosher. That's $25.2M right there. On top of the $33.1M we have already. We can go to work with $58.3M.

We can make something happen with that kind of money....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, DogIsYourName said:

Yeah, we'll be contenders.  But we'll probably let Grady walk and so we'll need to get some above average non-star types to fill these spots and hope for the best with injury luck next year.

:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Not if we don't cut more players and free up more cap. I'm looking at you Beasley, Shredder, Fusco and Bosher. That's $25.2M right there. On top of the $33.1M we have already. We can go to work with $58.3M.

 

1 hour ago, jdawg4876 said:

Once again we agree for once Falcon fan 1970 the only way I'd keep Beasley is on a massive contract reduction. 

Falcons need to release Beasley.  Let the market set his price.   If its low enough, TD can offer Beasley a one year heavy incentive contract.   Let Beasley show he deserves a longer term deal.   If not with us, then someone.

And I would still be looking for another young DE to develop.   Might even draft one in the first round, if a good one falls to us.  Takk, Means, Beasley, draftee or two...maybe Irvin if he can be  had for around six million per?  Depending on what we do with our O line in FA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Do you guys think the Falcons will be able to fix enough of their issues this off season and in the Draft and in Free agency to be a serious Super Bowl contender in 2019? 

1. offensive line

2. defensive line

3. Tevin Coleman's replacement (I personally would resign him.)

4. Any other minor needs that we may have.

 

 

1. Sign a FA, draft one

2. Resign Jarrett, draft one

3. Draft 

4. Draft, minor signings, UDFA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Can't get his kick offs to the end zone anymore, been in the bottom half of the league in punting for two years running and has a hitch in his giddyup that leads to punt blocks. Give me that $2.6M. If Ice Bryant can go Bosher definitely can.

This is a HUGE issue. I have to hold my breath every time he punts. I am sure we could find a punter that can do better than he has done recently and cheaper too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only if we make smart draft choices also choose wisely with free agents and get lucky with injuries. I don't have as much confidence in Quinn anymore. 

egoprime II likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Not if we don't cut more players and free up more cap. I'm looking at you Beasley, Shredder, Fusco and Bosher. That's $25.2M right there. On top of the $33.1M we have already. We can go to work with $58.3M.

This. 

Are those four guys worth 13% of the cap? Fusco didn't play a snap. Beasley is massively underperforming. Schraeder was benched. Punters are people but they are replaceable. 

Here's more context: Bosher has a top ten cap hit for punters. Is he a top ten punter? Like you said, if we can let Bryant walk for $3MM, we can let Bosher walk. Michael Dickson is costing the Seahawks $640k. Punters are available every year. 

Vic's cap hit is top five on the team, larger than Matthews and Mack. Who's giving us a return of a top five roster player? Not Vic. Simple. 

These aren't hard moves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vel said:

This. 

Are those four guys worth 13% of the cap? Fusco didn't play a snap. Beasley is massively underperforming. Schraeder was benched. Punters are people but they are replaceable. 

Here's more context: Bosher has a top ten cap hit for punters. Is he a top ten punter? Like you said, if we can let Bryant walk for $3MM, we can let Bosher walk. Michael Dickson is costing the Seahawks $640k. Punters are available every year. 

Vic's cap hit is top five on the team, larger than Matthews and Mack. Who's giving us a return of a top five roster player? Not Vic. Simple. 

These aren't hard moves. 

Fusco played 7 games last year before getting hurt.

egoprime II and athell like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Knight of God said:

1. Sign a FA, draft one

2. Resign Jarrett, draft one

3. Draft 

4. Draft, minor signings, UDFA

I would imagine this is just what Dimitroff has written on his office chalk board in response to those exact questions. KOG doing some remote viewing. :D

Knight of God likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

Fusco played 7 games last year before getting hurt.

I was exaggerating. It felt like he didn't play a single snap lol

egoprime II likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In general, no, no team ever fixes all of its issues. 

Are the Falcons well situated to be competitive again? Absolutely. Doesnt mean they will but theres a good talent level on both sides of the ball, a ton of experience on the coaching staff, a great QB/WR situation. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Knight of God said:

1. Sign a FA, draft one

2. Resign Jarrett, draft one

3. Draft 

4. Draft, minor signings, UDFA

That's my formula as well.  I was hoping there was room for a FA DT as well, but am less sure of that now.

But you take 4 OL and DL between the FA and first 3 rounds of the draft and you have a good shot.  A much better shot if you're able to cover 2 in FA, and take another DL and OL in first 2 rounds (guys you can reasonably expect to contribute immediately).

Then you use your later rounds for RB, CB, LB.

They'd have to have a good draft, but it's very doable.

Knight of God and PokerSteve like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fix the lines, the rest will take  care of itself. One big FA signing on each line, spend the first two picks on the lines as well, this team will be MUCH improved. Good lines can make RBs and CBs look  better than they are.

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can’t fix em all, but we have to get the most important ones (o-line & d-line) first and foremost if we don’t do ish else. 

Edited by The Vent King

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, vel said:

Here's more context: Bosher has a top ten cap hit for punters. Is he a top ten punter? Like you said, if we can let Bryant walk for $3MM, we can let Bosher walk. Michael Dickson is costing the Seahawks $640k. Punters are available every year. 

 

Yes. And to the inevitable stats-brigade remember that punters don't do anything on their own (Except when everyone else sucks so bad that they need to punt and tackle on the same play...).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

I would imagine this is just what Dimitroff has written on his office chalk board in response to those exact questions. KOG doing some remote viewing. :D

Hey it’s an easy answer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0