Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FalconsIn2012

OBJ to Patriots: It’s Happening

126 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Knight of God said:

But we are focused on a productive player man. Mainly because you and I both hated the deal. 

Rest easy bro. Julio aint goin nowhere. Arthur already said he's a Falcon for life. I disagree with the sentiment but it is what it is. I think it would be a boss move by Dimi if he could unload him to a cap rich AFC team that would yield some high value picks in return. Someone like NYJ, BUF or OAK.

7 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Rest easy bro. Julio aint goin nowhere. Arthur already said he's a Falcon for life. I disagree with the sentiment but it is what it is. I think it would be a boss move by Dimi if he could unload him to a cap rich AFC team that would yield some high value picks in return. Someone like NYJ, BUF or OAK.

Always fun talking to you man. 

FalconsIn2012 likes this

2 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

I mean it’s also not valid because 999/1000 times you replay that single play Manning either gets sacked or Tyree drops the ball off his helmet. The game was basically over 

If we are being honest, Brady was injured during the Jets game near the end of the regular season.  That offense was never the same afterwards.

Prior to Jets: 36 ppg

Aftetwards:  25 ppg

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

How bout this? 

Falcons trade Julio Jones, Vic Beasley, Ryan Schraeder, Brandon Fusco and Matt Bosher for

Trent Brown, Trey Flowers, Danny Shelton, Ryan Allen and NE's 2019 1st & 2nd Round Picks? :lol:

I like Quinn, but any chance we can throw in a coach swap since we are clearly in Narnia at the moment.  Give Brady & Belichick an opportunity to do it alone and settle the debate once and for all

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

@FalconFanSince1970

TATF take notice, this is how you disagree but still show respect and a modicum of civility.  Well played you two

And KoG and I are both on the TATF GM Squad. We know how to agree to disagree. Let it be known we agree on 95% of all Falcon player personnel decisions.

18 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I was wondering who the first butt crumb would be to say this. Not surprised it was you. Not at all. You clowns still don't get it. The shiny hood ornament concept describes a team that sells the farm to put a shiny ornament on the hood of a broken down Pinto like Dimi did in 2011. Bill is driving a 2019 Lamborghini son. Got it?

old.jpg

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

And KoG and I are both on the TATF GM Squad. We know how to agree to disagree. Let it be known we agree on 95% of all Falcon player personnel decisions.

Many on TATF fall victim to this when someone disagrees with them

Smart-people-disagree-with-me-smller-sma

Knight of God likes this

19 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I was wondering who the first butt crumb would be to say this. Not surprised it was you. Not at all. You clowns still don't get it. The shiny hood ornament concept describes a team that sells the farm to put a shiny ornament on the hood of a broken down Pinto like Dimi did in 2011. Bill is driving a 2019 Lamborghini son. Got it?

Butt crumb? LOL

42 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Many on TATF fall victim to this when someone disagrees with them

Smart-people-disagree-with-me-smller-sma

Whether the subject is sports, politics, or whatever, a zealot is almost always a terrible thing.

21 minutes ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

Whether the subject is sports, politics, or whatever, a zealot is almost always a terrible thing.

Zealot’s give a bad name to everything they touch.  Religion, politics, sports...doesn’t matter.  Only cure is the pillow treatment.

But I don’t see any zealot’s on TATF.  Just a bit of closed mindedness from time to time

Youll know a zealot by the crawling of your skin when they speak.  You instinctively know there is something  wrong with them.  

Knight of God likes this

1 minute ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Zealot’s give a bad name to everything they touch.  Religion, politics, sports...doesn’t matter.  Only cure is the pillow treatment.

But I don’t see a zealot on TATF.  Just a bit of close mindedness from time to time

Yep. We kind of live in a world where a lot of people don't have the emotional constitution to see or hear stuff they don't agree with. The butthurt epidemic is super real

49 minutes ago, athell said:

Because...reasons?

Gotcha.  Thanks for playing.

because acquiring Randy Moss was actually a success for them because they went to the SB in his first year there (including both QB and wide out having record years). Brady then gets injured the year after and upon his return he(Moss) was traded mid season..not a lot of time for those two playing together.

(not a diss) but compare that to how long Matt Ryan has been playing with julio jones and how many SBs have they gone to and won.

Edited by Ghost_02

15 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Spoken like a head coach.

16 hours ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

Yep. All those picks we gave up could've helped  filled all the holes we had then and still have alot of them holes today. People can't comprehend ,that a freak WR is not what you need to win a SB,even though history shows different. Especially one on a monster contract. The money is better invested in other places. You can find good WRs that will work. Build the trenches.

Yup spoken like a Headcoach and NOT a GM.

All those picks, how did they turn out for the Browns? 70 wants to cut everyone (see other threads) and then "just sign" improvements. Get out of your Madden football world, this is the real world. There are tons of examples that you cannot buy your way to win the superbowl. 

30 minutes ago, Ghost_02 said:

because acquiring Randy Moss was actually a success for them because they went to the SB in his first year there (including both QB and wide out having record years). Brady then gets injured the year after and upon his return he(Moss) was traded mid season..not a lot of time for those two playing together.

(not a diss) but compare that to how long Matt Ryan has been playing with julio jones and how many SBs have they gone to and won.

How many rings is what I asked...

21 minutes ago, athell said:

How many rings is what I asked...

To answer your question zero.

That makes your point dumb (with all do respect).

So according to you if the pats were to get OBJ it wont mean anything cause they didnt get a ring w randy moss so the rest of the NFL need not to worry. And as a another poster pointed out. You do realize how close they were with Moss right?

Let's use your approach and say the Falcons should get rid of Julio or Matt Ryan because they have not produced any hardware.

Their division shouldn't worry about the Falcons because they hadn't won a SB so they are not as effective.

Edited by Ghost_02

9 minutes ago, Ghost_02 said:

To answer your question zero.

That makes your point dumb (with all do respect).

So according to you if the pats were to get OBJ it wont mean anything cause they didnt get a ring w randy moss so the rest of the NFL need not to worry. And as a another poster pointed out. You do realize how close they were with Moss right?

Let's use your approach and say the Falcons should get rid of Julio or Matt Ryan because they have not produced any hardware.

Their division shouldn't worry about the Falcons because they hadn't won a SB so they are not as effective.

It doesn't make it dumb at all.  If they land Odell, it doesn't make it some game over scenario for the rest of the league like some want to say.

Don't put words in my mouth, it makes your post dumb (with all due* respect)

10 hours ago, Knight of God said:

He’s my brother. I don’t do that with my bruhs.

Bro I like everyone here that has tenure for the most part, but when people start clogging up threads, we have to hold them accountable for when they were clearly in the wrong. 

Knight of God likes this

9 minutes ago, athell said:

It doesn't make it dumb at all.  If they land Odell, it doesn't make it some game over scenario for the rest of the league like some want to say.

Don't put words in my mouth, it makes your post dumb (with all due* respect)

I didnt put words in your mouth that is exactly how your sentiment comes off. Plan n simple. That's why you were replied to.

And please dont be grammar n spelling nazi. It was a obviously a typo, things like that happen all over the internet. All the time.

Edited by Ghost_02

6 hours ago, runshoot said:

Yup spoken like a Headcoach and NOT a GM.

All those picks, how did they turn out for the Browns? 70 wants to cut everyone (see other threads) and then "just sign" improvements. Get out of your Madden football world, this is the real world. There are tons of examples that you cannot buy your way to win the superbowl. 

What the failing Browns organization does with picks, is irrelevant, to what the Falcons could have done with them. This team needs to build and load up on talent, especially along the lines. Yes, those picks could have helped with that process.

No worries, all the foolish highlight fans we got, will be happy. TD will throw more money at Julio for no reason and cripple the franchise. Everyone will be Happy when we can't stop noone, can't run the ball, and Matt can even get a pass off. But hey! We got a Julio! May have to cut some more players , so bye Debo, we will probably have to give julio another bump next year, if someone gets more.

Big_Dog likes this