Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FalconsIn2012

OBJ to Patriots: It’s Happening

126 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Knight of God said:

I have a ton of respect for you bro, but you get real deep into some things and I remember. The majority of receivers you wanted aren’t in the league anymore. While I may agree in some ways, I also see that this absolute is causing you to overlook one thing. We aren’t as good when Julio is out. 

Drop names bro. He wanted Greg Little over Julio. Greg Little. 

3 hours ago, Knight of God said:

People wanted to offload Abraham, but when he was gone...

To a lesser degree, but possibly more perplexing, we didn’t bring Freeney back for a miserable 2 mill.  And most around here thought he wasn’t needed.

Go watch SB 51 and outside of Grady & Debo, tell me the most disruptive defender.  Freeney.  

Its like people don’t think leadership and veteran experience matter

4 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

What would you have left to talk about if we kicked the fg in the super bowl? 

We could then moan about blowing a 17 point vs SF in the NFCCG.  How we would have beat the Ravens...we should have 2 Lombardi’s ******.  

Fans, by definition, are never satisfied.  I’m sure the Patriots board is full of people complaining. Just the way it goes

10 hours ago, athell said:

How many rings did they win when Moss was there?

Come on. It took the most ridiculous fluke play for them to lose that super bowl 

athell likes this

15 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

Come on. It took the most ridiculous fluke play for them to lose that super bowl 

That's a lot of words for '0' my friend :)

40 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

To a lesser degree, but possibly more perplexing, we didn’t bring Freeney back for a miserable 2 mill.  And most around here thought he wasn’t needed.

Go watch SB 51 and outside of Grady & Debo, tell me the most disruptive defender.  Freeney.  

Its like people don’t think leadership and veteran experience matter

Exactly 

people don’t like playmakers. Notice the majority of beloved players are 2nd and 3rd tier players with so-called heart. 

2 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Most of the cap is tied to the OL. 

True but our WR unit is up there too at $24.9M. By comparison the NE WR unit has a cap hit of $9.1M.

26 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

True but our WR unit is up there too at $24.9M. By comparison the NE WR unit has a cap hit of $9.1M.

The difference is, our WRs produce, the OL is a whole different story. If the men we REALLY pay, were to produce, we wouldn’t be having this issue. You can add our overpriced RB and a slough of DL who were vastly overpaid in comparison to production.

No offense, but the problem I have with this fan base is the eagerness to stand by a bias while blindly not seeing the big picture. It’s not the amount, rather the production. It’s good to like and dislike players, but when using the topic of money...throw the hate where it belongs. Unproductive players getting paid far more than their worth instead of the guys who earn every dime.

Nobody hates on acquiring a super star WR when you have developed a solid core of trench players. Building from the inside out is what it's all about.  I think the Pat's are in a good place to make a move like this. 

I think most can agree this team was pretty much built backwards. Under TD, especially the early years, we invested a lot into skill guys while not putting a lot of emphasis on (or poorly drafted/developed) the guys up front.

JMO though. 

Edited by RubberDucky

38 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

The difference is, our WRs produce, the OL is a whole different story. If the men we REALLY pay, were to produce, we wouldn’t be having this issue. You can add our overpriced RB and a slough of DL who were vastly overpaid in comparison to production.

No offense, but the problem I have with this fan base is the eagerness to stand by a bias while blindly not seeing the big picture. It’s not the amount, rather the production. It’s good to like and dislike players, but when using the topic of money...throw the hate where it belongs. Unproductive players getting paid far more than their worth instead of the guys who earn every dime.

Very true. Julio has earned every dime he's going to make. He's the best in the league and arguably a top 5 guy all time. We have a substantial amount of dead weight on this team in terms of cap space,  some foreseeable, some not.  I honestly feel we really aren't too far off though.  The FO just has to really hunker down and make a conscientious decision to fix our fronts once and for all. 

Edited by RubberDucky

22 minutes ago, RubberDucky said:

Very true. Julio has earned every dime he's going to make. He's the best in the league and arguably a top 5 guy all time. We have a substantial amount of dead weight on this team in terms of cap space,  some foreseeable, some not.  I honestly feel we really aren't too far off though.  The FO just has to really hunker down and make a conscientious decision to fix our fronts once and for all. 

When you fix what works you waste time that could have been used fixing the actual problem. 

Melts talk about offloading average players with high salaries rather than playmakers. 

FalconsIn2012 likes this

1 hour ago, NeonDeion said:

Still makes it a dumb argument

Yea its not a valid argument. Moss only played a season and a half with Brady. It's not like he was there long enough.

Edited by Ghost_02

1 hour ago, Ghost_02 said:

Yea its not a valid argument. Moss only played a season and a half with Brady. It's not like he was there long enough.

I mean it’s also not valid because 999/1000 times you replay that single play Manning either gets sacked or Tyree drops the ball off his helmet. The game was basically over 

3 hours ago, Knight of God said:

I can't argue with the fact that the OL, DL and RB aren't producing. I'd run every none producing sunny beach off that I could without taking a negative cap hit. I get the big picture. Crystal clear. This is a problem that was created by the one and only Thomas Dimitroff.

With Julio it's the $87M and the five draft picks. Plus the fact that WR hasn't been the key to a Bowl in forever. I don't hate him. The day we picked him I said he would beast and he did. I hated the picks and $$$s we gave up though. Now he wants more? Ugh no bro. State Line. We can survive without Julio.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

2 hours ago, RubberDucky said:

Nobody hates on acquiring a super star WR when you have developed a solid core of trench players. Building from the inside out is what it's all about.  I think the Pat's are in a good place to make a move like this. 

I think most can agree this team was pretty much built backwards. Under TD, especially the early years, we invested a lot into skill guys while not putting a lot of emphasis on (or poorly drafted/developed) the guys up front.

JMO though. 

Bingo.

12 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

Giants can’t control his ego.....BB can

Giants can't satisfy his drive to win. Pats can.

53 minutes ago, JerseyNo11 said:

Giants can't satisfy his drive to win. Pats can.

His ego is much bigger than his true "drive to win."  But there is certainly a symbiotic relationship there (OBJ Ego/drive to win) that the Patriots/Belichek could very effectively well take advantage of.

10 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Don't see how OBJ is a head case

He's okay if he isn't throwing teammates under the bus or banging his head into kicking nets.

2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I can't argue with the fact that the OL, DL and RB aren't producing. I'd run every none producing sunny beach off that I could without taking a negative cap hit. I get the big picture. Crystal clear. This is a problem that was created by the one and only Thomas Dimitroff.

With Julio it's the $87M and the five draft picks. Plus the fact that WR hasn't been the key to a Bowl in forever. I don't hate him. The day we picked him I said he would beast and he did. I hated the picks and $$$s we gave up though. Now he wants more? Ugh no bro. State Line. We can survive without Julio.

But we are focused on a productive player man. Mainly because you and I both hated the deal. 

31 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

How bout this? 

Falcons trade Julio Jones, Vic Beasley, Ryan Schraeder, Brandon Fusco and Matt Bosher for

Trent Brown, Trey Flowers, Danny Shelton, Ryan Allen and NE's 2019 1st & 2nd Round Picks? :lol:

ROFLMAO!!!