Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheTrue7

UGA Baseball Thread

57 posts in this topic

With football season over for now, and basketball season looking like a wash.. how bout them Diamond Dawgs?

ranked to start the year, sweeping Dayton to start the year.. are we looking at a possible CWS this year? 

sdogg likes this

3 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

With football season over for now, and basketball season looking like a wash.. how bout them Diamond Dawgs?

ranked to start the year, sweeping Dayton to start the year.. are we looking at a possible CWS this year? 

I hope so but I’m afraid when the SEC schedule starts they won’t have enough offense. With Stricklin at the helm, it wouldn’t surprise me if they don’t make the NCAA’s.  Hope they have another good year

3 hours ago, 007dawg said:

I hope so but I’m afraid when the SEC schedule starts they won’t have enough offense. With Stricklin at the helm, it wouldn’t surprise me if they don’t make the NCAA’s.  Hope they have another good year

So far the offense has been clicking. But yes, we will see what happens in conference play.. when was the last time we were ranked though?

Forecast doesn't look good for the game today or this weekend's games for that matter.  Edit:  Today's game moved to Wednesday at 5:00.

Edited by 007dawg

On 2/18/2019 at 6:45 PM, TheTrue7 said:

So far the offense has been clicking. But yes, we will see what happens in conference play.. when was the last time we were ranked though?

Yeah, I'm sure the team won't be nearly as good as they were going to be...  now that Justin Fields won't be playing for them this season.

I bet the Diamond Dawgs have a really difficult time getting over the fact they will be without his "elite talent" on the roster this season.

I 'm sure he'll do very well for the baseball team at Ohio State though...

SacFalcFan and sdogg like this

1 hour ago, m2Falcons said:

Yeah, I'm sure the team won't be nearly as good as they were going to be...  now that Justin Fields won't be playing for them this season.

I bet the Diamond Dawgs have a really difficult time getting over the fact they will be without his "elite talent" on the roster this season.

Man.. why? 

:lol:

The SEC is going to be fun this year. Likely going to finish at worst 4th in the East, but I think 3rd is obtainable. 

Just looked it up too and the draw from the West is favorable this year: Alabama, State, Auburn, and LSU. LSU is elite, but Georgia can win the other three.

Don't think hosting a regional is unrealistic this year...

TheTrue7 likes this

17 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

The SEC is going to be fun this year. Likely going to finish at worst 4th in the East, but I think 3rd is obtainable. 

Just looked it up too and the draw from the West is favorable this year: Alabama, State, Auburn, and LSU. LSU is elite, but Georgia can win the other three.

Don't think hosting a regional is unrealistic this year...

I really believe we can make some noise this year.. of course, I’m optimistic by nature.. 

11 hours ago, m2Falcons said:

LOLOL..  that is awesome.. 

4 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

15-2 and ranked #11 to start conference play.. looking good fellas

Stop it now. #firestricklin

**Note** This team does not respond well to positive feedback. Keep the doubt and hate alive...

6 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

15-2 and ranked #11 to start conference play.. looking good fellas

it only took him 25 years to get there.. LOL jk..  I hope to heck this is a yearly thing now..  

6 hours ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Stop it now. #firestricklin

**Note** This team does not respond well to positive feedback. Keep the doubt and hate alive...

Well, I doubt the team is reading.. ;)

4 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

it only took him 25 years to get there.. LOL jk..  I hope to heck this is a yearly thing now..  

Baby steps.. I hope it continues into conference play.

2 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

Swept Usc to start conference play and now #8 and 19-2.. So far so good, fellas..

I believe we are top 5 after the sweep.. great start to sec play.

12 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

I believe we are top 5 after the sweep.. great start to sec play.

You are correct.. for some reason secsports.com has us at 8..

SacFalcFan likes this

11 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

You are correct.. for some reason secsports.com has us at 8..

Baseball rankings are a lot less "unified" relative to basketball and football. You've got Baseball America (11), D1 Baseball (5), USA Today Coaches Poll (8)...

3 hours ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Baseball rankings are a lot less "unified" relative to basketball and football. You've got Baseball America (11), D1 Baseball (5), USA Today Coaches Poll (8)...

So basically, use the one that has us ranked the highest.. gotcha!

Posted (edited)

47 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Dawgs took 2 of 3 from UK.. next up Clemson then Vandy..

keep this train a rolling!

Huge series this weekend against Vandy... #firestricklin (don't **** this up)

Edit... really? I can't type e.f.f.

Edited by fibonaccisquared