Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Faithful Falcon

Steve Spurrier

30 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

I can’t stand that visor wearing joker & his irritating personality, but there’s no denying he’s been a helluva college coach though.  I’m slanted after all those years of seeing that bastid across the field from the UGA bench though I imagine.

I feel ya. I think my dislike for him is because he's good, and he knows it.

HASHBROWN3 likes this

8 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

I feel ya. I think my dislike for him is because he's good, and he knows it.

Yeah, he was a smart coach & his players always played hard for him.  Rotten, smug, quirky looking #@%€!

:lol:

papachaz and Faithful Falcon like this

1 minute ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Yeah, he was a smart coach & his players always played hard for him.  Rotten, smug, quirky looking #@%€!

:lol:

As a Georgia Fan, I'm wondering what he could have done with Stafford, Shockley, or even Quincy Carter.

papachaz and HASHBROWN3 like this

1 minute ago, Faithful Falcon said:

As a Georgia Fan, I'm wondering what he could have done with Stafford, Shockley, or even Quincy Carter.

I grew so sick & tired of Richt’s crap, and still had to watch his same repetitive  failures for years until they wised up & made the change.  Very pleased with things now however. 

Yeah, it didn't work so well in Washington honestly.

Some folks are great college coaches.  Some folks are great NFL coaches.  There are rare examples of both (Walsh, Carroll, Jimmy Johnson).  But they are rare.

Tandy, Vandy, HASHBROWN3 and 4 others like this

25 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Some folks are great college coaches.  Some folks are great NFL coaches.  There are rare examples of both (Walsh, Carroll, Jimmy Johnson).  But they are rare.

I think it's all with timing. System Dynasties has been taking over the NFL the past 30+ years, so it's hard to come in and win immediately. Swisher was right behind Johnson. Carrol wasn't successful at first. Spurrier had some success, but it seems that the Redskins Franchise was on a decline, as the 49ers did with Erickson.

2 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

I would be trying to hire him to help run our offense. The man just knows what he's doing.

He is poison, and not in a good way to the opposition. Steve cares about Steve very much, and worries how he will be looked at for posterity.

Spurrier left South Carolina in mid-year because he did not have a very good team, and more importantly did not want any more losses on his career won/loss record. That is why he self-admittedly quit in mid-year! Steve also gave-up recruiting, and left the team in a mess that took years to crawl out of. All because Steve looks out for Steve first and foremost.

Please, keep him away from our Falcons!!!

HASHBROWN3, The Daywalker and Tandy like this

48 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

He is poison, and not in a good way to the opposition. Steve cares about Steve very much, and worries how he will be looked at for posterity.

Spurrier left South Carolina in mid-year because he did not have a very good team, and more importantly did not want any more losses on his career won/loss record. That is why he self-admittedly quit in mid-year! Steve also gave-up recruiting, and left the team in a mess that took years to crawl out of. All because Steve looks out for Steve first and foremost.

Please, keep him away from our Falcons!!!

I had no idea.  Screw this guy even more now.  Just reinforces my gut about the sniveling way he acted all the time.  There was never a guy I enjoyed watching get beaten more than him.  Nobody likes losing but Spurier seemed very much like that Sean Payton type of jerk.

Cheap Talk likes this

16 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

I would be trying to hire him to help run our offense. The man just knows what he's doing.

15 hours ago, JDaveG said:

You’re being too kind, JDave. Spurrier was embarrassingly bad in Washington.

JDaveG likes this

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

You’re being too kind, JDave. Spurrier was embarrassingly bad in Washington.

He had three starting QBs each year. Only one was there both years....Patrick Ramsey. He started 5 different QBs in two years and they were all back ups. It's like he didn't understand the NFL and no one could explain it to him.

Vandy and Big_Dog like this

1 hour ago, Jesus said:

He had three starting QBs each year. Only one was there both years....Patrick Ramsey. He started 5 different QBs in two years and they were all back ups. It's like he didn't understand the NFL and no one could explain it to him.

He did the same thing at South Carolina, He really thought he should be the starting QB.

Jesus likes this

Spurrier could be coaching the Jets and they are 0-15 coming into the Dome to play the Falcons and Spurrier would find a way to demolish the Falcons something like 41-3.... He OWNS Georgia teams...:(

Image result for steve spurrier orlando vs atlanta

Faithful Falcon likes this

18 hours ago, TheUsualStuff said:

No

No way

Absolutely not

Terrible idea. 

You are right. I caddied for the man about 25 years ago. He was the biggest A-hole I ever caddied for. And I mean EVER! 20 years of caddying. And it’s not even close. Stay away from my Falcons.

21 hours ago, JDaveG said:

The question is regarding Spurrier's value in helping the offense not about being the head coach.  And, can you name  any successful head coaches under Dan Snyder?

I'd take him on the staff just as a tonic against the bromides.

Faithful Falcon likes this

My parents grew up in the same town in Tennessee and went to school with Spurrier.  They're all basically the same age. 

My mother remembers how, from probably age 7, walking home from school every single day, there was Steve Spurrier throwing a football to other kids.  And when there weren't any other kids in the yard, there was Spurrier, every day, kicking the football through the limbs of a tree, using it like a goalpost.  Every day, for hours until it was dark. 

They didn't like him because he was snotty even back then; but there's no denying he loves the game and it's in his very soul.