Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
falcons007

Frank Clark free agent Pass rusher.

17 posts in this topic

DQ and TD better go for him if they let go Vic and save 13 M. Falcons missed boat on Michael Bennet last year.

Forget mediocre talent like Jerry Hughes who had bust written till last couple of years. 

12 hours ago, Cole World said:

Seahawks will put the tag on him.

The tag will be a ton for edge rusher.  Is Clarke going to command 15 million plus on the open market? I guess 15 million is akin to the 1,000 yard rusher.  Not very rare anymore.

Stryka and RING OF HONOR like this

2 hours ago, Cole World said:

Seahawks will put the tag on him.

2 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

The tag will be a ton for edge rusher.  Is Clarke going to command 15 million plus on the open market? I guess 15 million is like the 1,000 yard rusher.  Not very rare

Tag is 18 M for a defensive end. Seattle beat writer who is vey good unlike DLed thinks Hawks will tag only if they are confident in long term big deal. This draft is deep in DE, Pete Carol might go the way of draft.

Falconsin2012 likes this

I remember his SPARQ score being insane. Can’t believe SEA got him in the second round. 

If he gets loose in FA, he might be too expensive though 

Cole World likes this

15 hours ago, Romfal said:

Clark isn't going anywhere...everyone in the media here in Seattle expects the tag

Agreed.   Just like other NFL fans speculating on getting Grady Jarrett and that won’t happen either.

The goal for every GM is to draft a player so valuable that franchising and/or signing to long term deal is the ultimate goal.

Outside of being a locker room cancer or dubious injury history, teams lock guys up that are young and pro-bowl caliber - especially at premium positions like QB/DE/LT.

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Agreed.   Just like other NFL fans speculating on getting Grady Jarrett and that won’t happen either.

The goal for every GM is to draft a player so valuable that franching and/or signing to long term deal is the ultimate goal.

Outside of being a locker room cancer or dubious injury history, teams lock guys up that are young and pro-bowl caliber - especially at premium positions like QB/DE/LT.

Every GM except Jon Gruden... hahaha

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

The goal for every GM is to draft a player so valuable that franching and/or signing to long term deal is the ultimate goal.

That 2nd paragraph is telling one dawg and I’m 100 on it.

Problem being around these parts alot of our fan base want to trade not pay our guys we do draft and they become what you mention.Jarrett is in that boat right now and Debo and Neal are next to face this scrutiny.

g-dawg likes this

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

That 2nd paragraph is telling one dawg and I’m 100 on it.

Problem being around these parts alot of our fan base want to trade not pay our guys we do draft and they become what you mention.Jarrett is in that boat right now and Debo and Neal are next to face this scrutiny.

If we don't sign Debo long term I'm going to lose it tbh. Lbs aren't even that highly paid. We straight up NEED him.

Falconsin2012 likes this

4 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

If we don't sign Debo long term I'm going to lose it tbh. Lbs aren't even that highly paid. We straight up NEED him.

We will I have zero doubts about that.

BUT you watch the argument some will present when we pay these guys.

Hindsight and everything under the sun will be produced why we shouldn’t have payed a guy like Debo and the ones mentioned.

I mean check the Julio Jones stuff floating round here the best WRer in the league the last 5-6 seasons and an absolute stud of a player and a fair few wanted to see the back of him.

I see exactly the same happening now with Jarrett and no doubts at all it’ll happen with Debo and Neal.

g-dawg and Francis York Morgan like this

On 2/16/2019 at 8:33 PM, AtlantaFanatic said:

Add Frank Clark, add a Guard or Tackle, draft lineman, a RB and a CB.

Win the offseason. 

Sounds good , but it never is that good.