Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cole World

Agent 12 Mohamed Sanu

41 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

Sanu went from “bad signing” to “great signing” faster than any player I’ve ever seen on TATF. 

His bomb to Julio was one of the most beautiful passes I’ve ever seen. 

tbf the people who claimed 'bad signing' know jack about football.  Anyone that paid any kind of attention to the league over the yeards should have known what we were getting in Mo and man has he delivered.  LOVE ME some Mo.  Great player, great teammate, great dude.

NeonDeion and HASHBROWN3 like this

Mo has been nothing but awesome & a real asset to this club.  He embodies the phrase “do your job”. 

The question is will he end up taking less money to continue being our WR3?  Or is someone like Gage being groomed for it?  Who knows...

1 hour ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

I don’t think he was railing against you personally as much as he was pushing back at your lack of supporting documentation of WHY Julio’s % are lower.  It almost BEGS to be stated due to obvious supports reasoning, and yet you withheld those reasons.  I thought the same while reading your post. No big deal, not trying to be accusatory as your zeal for Sanu probably caused you to momentarily lose sight.  

LOL Please. :lol:

I don't have to provide documentation any more than anyone else to have an opinion.  I provided him with the catch rate stat purely out of courtesy for a poster I have respect for.  @Vandy's response let me know that it probably would not have mattered what I posted, he didn't like the statement and was willing to cherry pick Sanu's career drops and even tried to use my own transparency of Nick Williams against me (I think we all understand that his 4 targets was not statistically significant).   

Julio is the best receiver on this team and probably the NFL.  That does not change that Sanu has caught a greater % of balls targeted for him than anyone else on the Atlanta Falcons for the past three years.  If anyone wants to make a case that there is a better stat for catch reliability where Julio is better than Sanu, I encourage him to post it.  It's kinda crazy that we're splitting hairs over the one category where Sanu might be a little bit better than Julio.  It's like "Oh..no he didn't say Sanu was more reliable than my Julio." 

giphy.gif 

Edited by Monolith2001
Vandy and HASHBROWN3 like this

1 hour ago, Monolith2001 said:

I don't have to provide documentation any more than anyone else to have an opinion.  I provided him with the catch rate stat purely out of courtesy for a poster I have respect for.  @Vandy's response let me know that it probably would not have mattered what I posted, he didn't like the statement and was willing to cherry pick Sanu's career drops and even tried to use my own transparency of Nick Williams against me (I think we all understand that his 4 targets was not statistically significant).   

Julio is the best receiver on this team and probably the NFL.  That does not change that Sanu has caught a greater % of balls targeted for him than anyone else on the Atlanta Falcons for the past three years.  If anyone wants to make a case that there is a better stat for catch reliability where Julio is better than Sanu, I encourage him to post it.  It's kinda crazy that we're splitting hairs over the one category where Sanu might be a little bit better than Julio.  It's like "Oh..no he didn't say Sanu was more reliable than my Julio." 

giphy.gif 

You supported your opinion Mono with an isolated (cherry picked) stat, and I countered with another isolated (cherry picked) stat. And you’re right, there's no one statistic out there that will change my mind over what my own eyes see on a weekly basis. 

Love sanu, and believe you’re an awesome poster. We just disagree on the interpretation of what “reliable” actually is on this one, my friend.

HASHBROWN3 and Monolith2001 like this

1 hour ago, Monolith2001 said:

giphy.gif 

LOL, I guess you simply could have mentioned all the reasons that JJ’s catch rate might be just a wee bit less.  

It’s as simple as that.  And here you are with the attitude gif.  Geesh, cool ur jets brother. :D

I actually had no issues with the post other than that & just thought I’d interject what I thought Vandy might have been suggesting.  Sorry if I came across snippy or something.

Vandy likes this

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

You supported your opinion Mono with an isolated stat, and I countered by another isolated stat. But you’re right, there's No one statistic out there that will change my mind over what my own eyes see on a weekly basis. 

Love sanu, and believe you’re an awesome poster. We just disagree on this one, my friend.

I am not sure we actually agree or if we actually are disagreeing about the same things.  As I said, Julio probably gets more panic (bad) throws from MR2  which may explain why his % is lower but that's my opinion and not an empirical fact.   I'd love to see a better catch reliability stat.  Like I said that is the one (and only) area where Sanu is statistically better than Julio.  I can't say I've seen Sanu drop many passes here (though he did get mugged bad in a one game once).   Agree to disagree...dead horse and such.

Vandy likes this

9 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

LOL, I guess you simply could have mentioned all the reasons that JJ’s catch rate might be just a wee bit less.  

It’s as simple as that.  And here you are with the attitude gif.  Geesh, cool ur jets brother. :D

Sanu/Jones catch % comparisons are for Much the same reason Ridley caught 10 TDs to julio’s 8 or whatever last season. I guess that means Ridley’s “more reliable” in Red Zone than jones is. 

8 hours ago, droopy1592 said:

Sanu likes it here. Hopefully we find a way to keep him. 

Agree. He's a great fit and team mate. I think he will be willing to take less to stay with the Brotherhood.

HASHBROWN3 likes this

5 hours ago, Vandy said:

You’re **** right I was gonna make you at least attempt to back up such an absurd comment...:D

So a ‘catch rate’ statistic drove you to the brilliant conclusion that Sanu is somehow a “more dependable wide receiver than Jones is” ....SMH, like you said, by that stat alone, Nick Willians was the more ‘reliable’ receiver than either...

here’s an interesting stat that kinda bumps against your and falcoholic’s ‘conclusions’....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/97u2gg/career_drop_percentage_for_every_active_wide/

I’m a Sanu fan too, but I also live on planet earth.

And it’s tougher when facing constant double teams or bracket coverage.  

Vandy, HASHBROWN3 and PokerSteve like this

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Sanu/Jones catch % comparisons are for Much the same reason Ridley caught 10 TDs to julio’s 8 or whatever last season. I guess that means Ridley’s “more reliable” in Red Zone than jones is. 

Yeah, it’s weird how things get all mixed up.  I just remember when reading Monos post that I kept thinking to myself how often we’re feeding JJ the ball & how intently teams are trying to prevent him from being successful with double & triple attention & he never mentions it as a reason for the lower %.  I was trying to be thoughtful with my post.  Then I get the mother of all angry, finger wagging gifs...man, that hurt my feelings! :o

PokerSteve, Vandy and FalconsIn2012 like this

7 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

I actually had no issues with the post other than that & just thought I’d interject what I thought Vandy might have been suggesting.  Sorry if I came across snippy or something.

We all can come across snippy when we disagree but can't look each other in the eye.  This is the same kind of silly arguments I have with my real life friends when drinking, laughing and chopping it up.  Posting here is a hobby and it's never personal.  I thought the gif was funny personally.

To your point (bolded):  Why did I need to justify Julio's lower catch rate?  Julio was just a passing benchmark reference.  My post was all about what Sanu does well and that Sanu statistically was the most reliable receiver (based on catch rate) on the team and even better than Julio (assuming you accept that Julio is good as I do).   Vandy and apparently you read negativity towards Julio into my post instead of the simple pro-Sanu comparison that I was making.  You'd almost think I said..."Sanu is so much more reliable than Julio".  If I had said that then yeah I'd be aligned with your concern (though I still don't think it would be up to me justify why Julio's numbers aren't higher if I was making such a point).

Vandy and HASHBROWN3 like this

34 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Sanu/Jones catch % comparisons are for Much the same reason Ridley caught 10 TDs to julio’s 8 or whatever last season. I guess that means Ridley’s “more reliable” in Red Zone than jones is

Well redzone and TDs are not measuring the same thing...you can score without starting in the red zone.  But yes you could say that Calvin Ridley was more effective scoring TDs than Julio.  One could point out that Julio is double or triple covered limiting his end zone ops but statistically Calvin Ridley scored more touchdowns than Julio and hence a more reliable scoring target.   I'm just f'ing with you Van.  I'll stop. :lol:

PokerSteve and Vandy like this

3 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

We all can come across snippy when we disagree but can't look each other in the eye.  This is the same kind of silly arguments I have with my real life friends when drinking, laughing and chopping it up.  Posting here is a hobby and it's never personal.  I thought the gif was funny personally.

To your point (bolded):  Why did I need to justify Julio's lower catch rate?  Julio was just a passing benchmark reference.  My post was all about what Sanu does well and that Sanu statistically was the most reliable receiver (based on catch rate) on the team and even better than Julio (assuming you accept that Julio is good as I do).   Vandy and apparently you read negativity towards Julio into my post instead of the simple pro-Sanu comparison that I was making.  You'd almost think I said..."Sanu is so much more reliable than Julio".  If I had said that then yeah I'd be aligned with your concern (though I still don't think it would be up to me justify why Julio's numbers aren't higher if I was making such a point).

You bet Mono, I may have not caught all of the previous dialogue.  Good points.  And JJ does drop some catchable balls.  

Not taking anything away from Sanu’s hard work & catch reliability.

You snarky joka you :mmmhmm:

2 hours ago, Monolith2001 said:

Well redzone and TDs are not measuring the same thing...you can score without starting in the red zone.  But yes you could say that Calvin Ridley was more effective scoring TDs than Julio.  One could point out that Julio is double or triple covered limiting his end zone ops but statistically Calvin Ridley scored more touchdowns than Julio and hence a more reliable scoring target.   I'm just f'ing with you Van.  I’ll stop. :lol:

**** right you will, my friend. :ninja:

Monolith2001 likes this