Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cole World

Agent 12 Mohamed Sanu

41 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, AtlantaFanatic said:

I really do like Sanu. I know he's not long for this team but he's one of my favorite players. 

He is not going anywhere, team would not be the same without him.

PokerSteve likes this

2 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

Sanu won’t be on the team in 2020.  We’d be foolish to keep that much money tied up in WR’s.  We drafted Ridley in Round 1....he and Julio are enough to stress the defense

Vandy likes this

Sanu went from “bad signing” to “great signing” faster than any player I’ve ever seen on TATF. 

His bomb to Julio was one of the most beautiful passes I’ve ever seen. 

Edited by NeonDeion
atlbaby, papachaz, Vandy and 2 others like this

10 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

Sanu went from “bad signing” to “great signing” faster than any player I’ve ever seen on TATF. 

His bomb to Julio was one of the most beautiful passes I’ve ever seen. 

Nah there's still a vocal group who would rather see Sanu not on this team.   Sanu has been the most reliable receiver (including Julio), we've had since he's been here.  His only real flaw is that he isn't fast.

What he is:

• Great hands and will contest catches as good as anyone.  Highest catch rate on team.
  • Good route runner (though not the whole tree)
  • Physical with excellent RAC skills.
  • Excellent downfield blocker
  • Executes the Wildcat with great success (and is a legit threat to throw it and complete passes)
  • Fantastic attitude

I was not the biggest fan when we got him (I thought he's be Roddy 1.5) but dude is so much more than just a WR3.

4 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

Nah there's still a vocal group who would rather see Sanu not on this team.   Sanu has been the most reliable receiver (including Julio), we've had since he's been here.  His only real flaw is that he isn't fast.

What he is:

• Great hands and will contest catches as good as anyone.  Highest catch rate on team.
  • Executes the Wildcat with great success (and is a legit threat to throw it and complete passes)
  • Fantastic attitude

I was not the biggest fan when we got him (I thought he's be Roddy 1.5) but dude is so much more than just a WR3.

Think about how Andy Dalton had Sanu, Marvin Jones, and AJ Green in their prime :doh:

PokerSteve and FalconsIn2012 like this

7 hours ago, Cheap Talk said:

Not this year obviously but you're going to have to throw money at Debo and Neal soon and tough decisions will have to be made. Thats just my prediction. 

1 hour ago, AtlantaFanatic said:

Not this year obviously but you're going to have to throw money at Debo and Neal soon and tough decisions will have to be made. Thats just my prediction. 

Sanu likes it here. Hopefully we find a way to keep him. 

AtlantaFanatic and PokerSteve like this

2 hours ago, Monolith2001 said:

What he is:

• Fantastic attitude

More reliable than Julio? 

I like Sanu as well, but come on...

FalconsIn2012 likes this

12 hours ago, AtlantaFanatic said:

I really do like Sanu. I know he's not long for this team but he's one of my favorite players. 

Same here man,  One of the most underrated and under appreciated players on this team if not a league.

AtlantaFanatic likes this

3 hours ago, Monolith2001 said:

What he is:

• Fantastic attitude

Aaron Freeman comes to mind.  Every chance he gets he takes a shot at him, and reminds us doesn’t understand how we let DiMarco go.  Nauseating.

GrimeyKidd and Monolith2001 like this

14 hours ago, AtlantaFanatic said:

He reminds me a bit of Roddy with how physical he is when he has the ball.

AtlantaFanatic likes this

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

More reliable than Julio? 

I like Sanu as well, but come on...

You really going to make me explain this? :D

Statistically yes!  That doesn't mean he has done more or been the go-to guy but when targeted he has lead all WRs every year he's been here.  (Nick Williams technically has a better catch rate in 2017 as he caught 3 of 4 (75%) compared to Sanu's 67 of 96 (69.8%).  I believe in 2016, Sanu had like the best catch rate in the NFL from the slot.

2016-2018 Catch Rate
  2016 2017 2018
Mohamed Sanu 72.8 69.8 70.2
Julio Jones 64.3 59.5 66.5

Sanu has been lauded for his sure hands so this should not be a surprise. 

https://www.thefalcoholic.com/2017/5/29/15710836/pro-football-focus-atlanta-falcons-wr-mohamed-sanu-is-one-of-nfls-most-sure-handed-receivers

We know JJ drops a few here and there but in fairness he also gets a lot more of MR2's panic balls which can be harder to bring in.

Edited by Monolith2001
Xero likes this

1 hour ago, Monolith2001 said:

You really going to make me explain this? :D

Statistically yes!  That doesn't mean he has done more or been the go-to guy but when targeted he has lead all WRs every year he's been here.  (Nick Williams technically has a better catch rate in 2017 as he caught 3 of 4 (75%) compared to Sanu's 67 of 96 (69.8%).  I believe in 2016, Sanu had like the best catch rate in the NFL from the slot.

2016-2018 Catch Rate
  2016 2017 2018
Mohamed Sanu 72.8 69.8 70.2
Julio Jones 64.3 59.5 66.5

Sanu has been lauded for his sure hands so this should not be a surprise. 

https://www.thefalcoholic.com/2017/5/29/15710836/pro-football-focus-atlanta-falcons-wr-mohamed-sanu-is-one-of-nfls-most-sure-handed-receivers

We know JJ drops a few here and there but in fairness he also gets a lot more of MR2's panic balls which can be harder to bring in.

You’re **** right I was gonna make you at least attempt to back up such an absurd comment...:D

So a ‘catch rate’ statistic drove you to the brilliant conclusion that Sanu is somehow a “more dependable wide receiver than Jones is” ....SMH, like you said, by that stat alone, Nick Willians was the more ‘reliable’ receiver than either...

here’s an interesting stat that kinda bumps against your and falcoholic’s ‘conclusions’....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/97u2gg/career_drop_percentage_for_every_active_wide/

I’m a Sanu fan too, but I also live on planet earth.

35 minutes ago, Vandy said:

You’re **** right I was gonna make you back up such an absurd comment...:D

So a ‘catch rate’ statistic drove you to the brilliant conclusion that Sanu is somehow a “more dependable wide receiver than Jones is” ....SMH, like you said, by that stat alone, Nick Willians was the more ‘reliable’ receiver than either...

here’s an interesting stat that kinda bumps against your and falcoholic’s ‘conclusions’....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/97u2gg/career_drop_percentage_for_every_active_wide/

I’m a Sanu fan, but I also live on planet earth.

Julio is running faster than Sanu, and many times double/triple teamed, which makes his degree of difficulty much higher. When someone has to make a catch, more times than not it is thrown to Julio. Would not even care if Julio were not on that list, when you factor in his elevated degree of difficulty with almost every ball thrown his way.

HASHBROWN3 likes this

37 minutes ago, Vandy said:

You’re **** right I was gonna make you back up such an absurd comment...:D

I’m a Sanu fan, but I also live on planet earth.

Those are interesting statistics. It just shows what a freak Fitzgerald was. I feel like big physical receivers will always have more drops because QB’s still throw to them even when covered. Guys like Julio and Evans are down the list. Then, there is Ted Ginn who is in a class of his own when it comes to drops. The dude sucks so bad.

As far as Sanu, I always underrated him because he does the things that don’t always show up in the stats. Even then, he is still not our most dependable receiver. Julio is the one we call on the most when we need a big 1st down. The other team will have him doubled and probably sitting on his route but he still makes the play. 

Vandy likes this

2 hours ago, Cheap Talk said:

Julio is running faster than Sanu, and many times double/triple teamed, which makes his degree of difficulty much higher. When someone has to make a catch, more times than not it is thrown to Julio. Would not even care if Julio were not on that list, when you factor in his elevated degree of difficulty with almost every ball thrown his way.

He’s like clockwork 90-100 catches/1400-1700 yards a season. 

What happened to all the board ‘experts’ who over last several years ago have predicted he would be “an injury-prone” player we should trade while we still could? 

Cheap Talk and HASHBROWN3 like this

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

You’re **** right I was gonna make you at least attempt to back up such an absurd comment...:D

I’m a Sanu fan too, but I also live on planet earth.

It doesn't bump up against it it kind of says how good he has been here.  In fact I'll raise you and say that you're cherry picking stats.  Sanu had a well known drop problem before he came here and even in preseason 2016.  It was one of the reasons I didn't think he was an upgrade over Roddy.  Show me his drop stats since regular season 2016 and show me Julio's. 

My transparency of Nick Williams was to show that he didn't contribute much for that 75% while Sanu definitely did.  You're one of my favorite posters but odd that you see praise for something that Sanu has done well for us as a put down of Julio that needs defending.

Vandy likes this

1 hour ago, Monolith2001 said:

It doesn't bump up against it it kind of says how good he has been here.  In fact I'll raise you and say that you're cherry picking stats.  Sanu had a well known drop problem before he came here and even in preseason 2016.  It was one of the reasons I didn't think he was an upgrade over Roddy.  Show me his drop stats since regular season 2016 and show me Julio's. 

My transparency of Nick Williams was to show that he didn't contribute much for that 75% while Sanu definitely did.  You're one of my favorite posters but odd that you see praise for something that Sanu has done well for us as a put down of Julio that needs defending.

I don’t think he was railing against you personally as much as he was pushing back at your lack of supporting documentation of WHY Julio’s % are lower.  It almost BEGS to be stated due to obvious reasoning, and yet you withheld those reasons.  I thought the same while reading your post. No big deal, not trying to be accusatory as your zeal for Sanu probably caused you to momentarily lose sight.  

Vandy likes this