Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tandy

Calvin Ridley - Created Most Separation - all NFL Receivers

39 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Shagpill 2.0 said:

This. I made a post back in the day and I think a video of Matt- back in 2012 and all his long balls and throws. Give Matt 3-6 seconds and he will destroy a defense. Give him a chance to look at the field and he will figure it out. Period. 

It’s tough for a QB who has pass rushers getting through the A gaps all season and his OGs getting pushed into his face,  to keep sharp his accuracy on deep balls, but when he does have a consistent pocket as he did in 2016 Ryan is one of the most accurate deep ball throwers in the league. 

In 2016 he was dropping money bombs, 8n stride, right into the outstretched hands of Gabriel and others 50 yards down field.  I think we are going to see a lot more big plays this year, assuming we fix 8nterior of OL which Blank promised. Mularkey should be able to get our runn8ng game back to where play action becomes lethal again.

Stryka, JDaveG and Shagpill 2.0 like this

2 hours ago, OilFuturesTrader19 said:

Hope he hits the weight room to add some upper body strength that will help improve the hands and fumbling. 

Not really how that works tbh. It’s just practice. A lot of practice. Tony G jugs machine style. 

JDaveG likes this

7 hours ago, Falcanuck said:

Beasley so poorly utilized in Dallas man. Imagine him in NE?

Is Beasley undersized & underutilized?  Yes sir

Does he have quick feet, soft hands & white skin?  Yup

Congratulations  Cole Beasley, you’re next in line  to become NE’s All Pro in the slot

13 hours ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

Trust me I know . Most Falcon fans envy successful teams like the Pats but are against Pat like moves . “LOL nope” is not surprising . Falcon fans are more attached to players than they are the team . Lol . 

It’s why you aren’t a GM. Get rid of Julio so now teams can easily double Ridley. Now your offense is much less dynamic. Makes sense.  

blkbigdog35 likes this

2 hours ago, droopy1592 said:

It’s why you aren’t a GM. Get rid of Julio so now teams can easily double Ridley. Now your offense is much less dynamic. Makes sense.  

Get rid of Julio & you can cushion the blow with the freed up $ or extra draft capital . Or did you just assume ? You did. Makes sense. 

The impressive thing is that Calvin did this as a rookie. I would assume he would only get better at this. He was immediately a top 5 route runner in the league when he was drafted, and it showed in year 1.

I’m excited about this kid, his only knock in the draft was his age. I’d easily take a 23 year old rookie if it meant his route running was this excellent day 1. 

gazoo likes this

9 hours ago, Falcanuck said:

Not really how that works tbh. It’s just practice. A lot of practice. Tony G jugs machine style. 

Will improve grasping the ball and holding on to it. Yes, that is how it works. Stronger forearms, triceps and biceps will especially help with his fumbling. Yes, some of it is technique and concentration too. 

vitaman likes this

9 hours ago, Falcanuck said:

You’re saying upper body strength as no correlation on being able to hold onto footballs in traffic? Because you’d be wrong saying that. Obviously a jugs machine helps with drops, but the kid could use some more strength to hold onto contested catches. 

Stryka likes this

15 minutes ago, shock said:

You’re saying upper body strength as no correlation on being able to hold onto footballs in traffic? Because you’d be wrong saying that. Obviously a jugs machine helps with drops, but the kid could use some more strength to hold onto contested catches. 

Its a combination. He needs to work on hand dexterity. He has functional strength but to be elite he need stronger hands, eliminate laspes in focus and tighter ball security. Very impressive rookie year but those drops be rough to take when he is thinking too far in advance about a move. 

shock likes this

58 minutes ago, Stryka said:

Its a combination. He needs to work on hand dexterity. He has functional strength but to be elite he need stronger hands, eliminate laspes in focus and tighter ball security. Very impressive rookie year but those drops be rough to take when he is thinking too far in advance about a move. 

Yeah it always seemed like he was thinking too many steps ahead as he was catching the ball. He wants to score every time he touches the ball, but running 10 yards sideways won’t get it done in the NFL. 

2 hours ago, shock said:

Where did I say no correlation? If anything grip strength is 100x more important than “upper body strength” though. You’re not catching more balls by having big traps. 

Not unusual at all for rookie WRs to drop easy passes at times.  Julio still does this. 

Concentration and focus on catching ball gets better as they learn the playbook and route responsibilities based on defensive coverages.