Goober Pyle

CB Brian Poole non tendered

293 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

Well... guess TDs obsession with drafting CBs can continue. So much for building the lines early, Falcons gonna falcon and take a guard or two in the 5th round and hope it works. 

I could totally see this, and I will be really upset...

They gotta have Kazee on the field... I lowkey saw this coming but I didn't think they would actually have the guts.

I also like this CB class in the mid rounds... It's not start players but I see good prospects

vel, poutlipper, HaRdH3ad and 9 others like this

5 minutes ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

Well... guess TDs obsession with drafting CBs can continue. So much for building the lines early, Falcons gonna falcon and take a guard or two in the 5th round and hope it works. 

Sad but true.

Could've kept him for the 4th CB but with that being said im sure DQ will come up with something

Edited by Sipifalcon

5 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Does everyone forget how angry they were with Poole after the Super Bowl?

Poole was a great bargain as an UDFA, and played far beyond his measurables. However, as you pointed out, he wasn't All World and with Kazee probably taking his place we can look later in the draft or in the UDFA pool to replace him as the #4 CB. 

I'm curious what we will do with Wreh-Wilson now.

Edited by Geneaut

1 minute ago, Geneaut said:

Poole was a great bargain as an UDFA, and played far beyond his measurables. However, as you pointed out, he wasn't All World and with Kazee probably taking his place we can look later in the draft or in the UDFA pool to replace him as the #4 CB. 

I'm curious what we will do with Wreh-Wilson now.

Wreh-Wilson is pretty good, but is he cheap? 

Poole was making 630,000 last year. The lowest they could tender him at is $1.9 million. He can make more than that on the open market as a starter somewhere. The Falcons can add two guys for that much. Can't sign 'em all. Kazee is a keeper. 

If this staff can find a Kazee in the late rounds and a Poole in UDFA, who says they can't do that again?

14 minutes ago, atljbo said:

They gotta have Kazee on the field... I lowkey saw this coming but I didn't think they would actually have the guts.

Yeah based on some of the comments Quinn made after the season I had a feeling they were going to let Poole go. And yeah- you got to keep Kazee on the field. 

FalconJim, Ergo Proxy and atljbo like this

Poole had some high lites with this hits on wilson and rodgers. I last image of him is missing brees on that tackle with alford. F...k it. Im glad him and alford are out of here.

Iron Saint and RiseUpFalcs like this

8 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

I just cant get behind this move (or lack thereof I guess).

Poole, and UDFA was a gem, and we can’t even retain him... too bad we can’t cut Trufant.

Just re watched last years Game #3 vs Saints, Trufant is a joke.  Shutdown corner ?   Not even a competent corner, cowardly corner is more like it.

2 minutes ago, RazorWing said:

Poole had some high lites with this hits on wilson and rodgers. I last image of him is missing brees on that tackle with alford. F...k it. Im glad him and alford are out of here.

Because of a missed tackle.

Troy Polamalu would have been cut every week if the fans had a say.

So if Kazee is our main NB .. We can't pay 3.1 mil for our 4th CB .... 

Some will say give him the lower tender at 2 mil ... We sign Poole for 2 mil.. Some team come in and offer him a bigger contract ... Now we don't even get a comp pick for him being signed.

It sucks because I like Poole.. He is a solid *** player but I understand... Kazee stepping in as the NB plus we need every extra dime of our cap to improve the team

Was awful in 2017 and glad the FO wasn't fooled by his performance against scrub teams last year. Lack of speed and ball skills did him in. 

Great UDFA find in 2016.