Unknøwn

Braves Spring Training

1,049 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Here we go, we're off and running.

Early contender for the Best Shape of His Life award is Gohara who lost 35-40 lbs.

Fixed^_^

I love and hate the beginning of Spring training. I love it because it means that baseball is right around the corner. But I hate it because it's means that is still 40+ something days before the start of the regular season

Edited by oztin
JDFIII likes this

3 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Esrly contender for the Best Shape of His Life award is Gohara who lost 35-40 lbs.

Good for him. After everything he has been through, that’s terrific. 

16 minutes ago, jidady said:

Good for him. After everything he has been through, that’s terrific. 

35-40 is a good number for him and considering it's been nearly 5 months since his season ended that's around 2 pounds a week. He should have kept his strength or gotten stronger.

2 hours ago, Malachore said:

35-40 is a good number for him and considering it's been nearly 5 months since his season ended that's around 2 pounds a week. He should have kept his strength or gotten stronger.

I don't even care about it in baseball terms. His father literally died in his arms in December of 2017, and his mother needed open heart surgery only months later. Nobody his age should have to go through something like that. The poor kid needs the distraction of baseball, and I'm tremendously impressed with him as a human that he's taken his health seriously.

6 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Esrly contender for the Best Shape of His Life award is Gohara who lost 35-40 lbs.

That’s good news. 

31 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Sure pal :lol:

There’s actually a little chatter citing sources on a deal being close. Who knows though. We are the only team that someone would fly into Orlando for. Everyone else is either Tampa or Fort Myers. 

Malachore likes this

Just now, ATLBrave said:

There’s actually a little chatter citing sources on a deal being close. Who knows though. 

I haven't seen or heard anything other than him being at an airport. Just don't believe AA is willing to spend that much on a closer but not a RFer.

Hope I'm wrong though.

3 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I haven't seen or heard anything other than him being at an airport. Just don't believe AA is willing to spend that much on a closer but not a RFer.

Hope I'm wrong though.

I don’t know him, so I can’t speak on the veracity of his claim, but it’s out there. 

Malachore likes this

17 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

I don’t know him, so I can’t speak on the veracity of his claim, but it’s out there. 

And of course DOB is quick to throw water on the report as he always is when any Braves free agent rumor emerges!!

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Just now, ATLBrave said:

“The Braves are happy with their infield options...”

Also seeing lots of other sites reporting the same. I guess they are just piggybacking off a tweet or maybe there's weight to it.