XXVIII-III

Beasley for Clowney

57 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

How about get Clowney and keep Beasley 

But why?

If this if this team landed Clowney I would have Beasley kick rocks and use his money on the offensive line and/or a solid week side linebacker.

45 minutes ago, 28-3 said:

How could we make the $ work to have both?

If they want to, they could

4 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

But why?

If this if this team landed Clowney I would have Beasley kick rocks and use his money on the offensive line and/or a solid week side linebacker.

Ummmm...ok

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

If they want to, they could

Ummmm...ok

You would still pay Vic after paying Clowny 15+ and having Takk on the other side?

i don’t think Vic takes under $8M a season.

so, I was asking why you would still pay him after investing $30M plus on the DL w Jarrett and Clowney. Ummm, okay wasn’t a relevant response. Not saying your wrong, just was very curious of your perspective here to keep Vic around vs use the money where we have needs. We can draft another DE to rotate in rounds 2-4 in a deep DL draft.

Clowney has been awesome the last couple of years and it finally clicked for him..i think he will get paid $$$. If he becomes an FA we should drop Beasley like a bag of rocks and get him.

13 hours ago, octoslash said:

Who the fukc calls themselves a Falcons fan and thus goes by the name 28-3? 

I was thinking the same thing!?..:angry:

54 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

You would still pay Vic after paying Clowny 15+ and having Takk on the other side?

i don’t think Vic takes under $8M a season.

so, I was asking why you would still pay him after investing $30M plus on the DL w Jarrett and Clowney. Ummm, okay wasn’t a relevant response. Not saying your wrong, just was very curious of your perspective here to keep Vic around vs use the money where we have needs. We can draft another DE to rotate in rounds 2-4 in a deep DL draft.

Any response I decide to make is as relevant as I feel it is. Thanks.

falconsd56 likes this

18 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

winner-winner-chicken-2764a5.jpg

When you only need to haul groceries and transport the kids you don't buy a Maserati! I don't think either of these guys are necessary to get the job done if you scheme up some more QB pressures. The Falcons defense rarely causes QB's to question the coverage or protection set. They can be read by the QB from the huddle. Keeping it simple is supposed to be for the defensive players not the opposing offense. If you require the DE to win on almost every down with athleticism alone, you'll turn any possible pro bowler into a free agent quickly. I like the Means signing. I think it's under the radar now but with some scheming, they don't need a Maserati and certainly not a Porsche to go with it.

1 hour ago, slider said:

When you only need to haul groceries and transport the kids you don't buy a Maserati! I don't think either of these guys are necessary to get the job done if you scheme up some more QB pressures. The Falcons defense rarely causes QB's to question the coverage or protection set. They can be read by the QB from the huddle. Keeping it simple is supposed to be for the defensive players not the opposing offense. If you require the DE to win on almost every down with athleticism alone, you'll turn any possible pro bowler into a free agent quickly. I like the Means signing. I think it's under the radar now but with some scheming, they don't need a Maserati and certainly not a Porsche to go with it.

Sacks are overrated...

18 hours ago, 28-3 said:

Is there any feasible way to make a trade happen given both of their situations?

Sure, throw in a couple of 1st round picks and maybe.

• NBC Sports' Peter King is "skeptical of the Texans reaching a long-term deal" with Jadeveon Clowney.

The Texans almost certainly will apply the franchise tag to Clowney, but King is not sure how hard they will push for a long-term deal "because [Clowney is] not the worker bee some others on that defense are." King does admit "Houston could change its tune" if Clowney continues to produce while making big money on the tag. The former No. 1 overall pick has 18.5 sacks over the last two seasons.

Feb 18, 2019, 9:36 AM

Brunging in a guy with a reputation of being kinda lazy is not something I can see DQ doing.

5 minutes ago, k-train said:
  • NBC Sports' Peter King is "skeptical of the Texans reaching a long-term deal" with Jadeveon Clowney.

The Texans almost certainly will apply the franchise tag to Clowney, but King is not sure how hard they will push for a long-term deal "because [Clowney is] not the worker bee some others on that defense are." King does admit "Houston could change its tune" if Clowney continues to produce while making big money on the tag. The former No. 1 overall pick has 18.5 sacks over the last two seasons.

Feb 18, 2019, 9:36 AM

Brunging in a guy with a reputation of being kinda lazy is not something I can see DQ doing.

Lazy or not, whatever he's doing is working. He's been great the last 3 years and he just turned 26 4 days ago.

vitaman likes this

On 2/14/2019 at 9:05 PM, octoslash said:

Who the fukc calls themselves a Falcons fan and thus goes by the name 28-3? 

this post should make the all star hall of fame

On 2/15/2019 at 6:59 AM, Knight of God said:

How about get Clowney and keep Beasley 

You and I are one of the few who want to keep Vic.  I sure hope we can get him to sign a new deal at a lower cap rate.  I can’t see paying him nearly 13 mil this season but I still think he has it in him to get back to putting up double digit sacks.

Any chance we move him back to LB?

Knight of God and Vandy like this

2 minutes ago, CraigSmackDaddy said:

You and I are one of the few who want to keep Vic.  I sure hope we can get him to sign a new deal at a lower cap rate.  I can’t see paying him nearly 13 mil this season but I still think he has it in him to get back to putting up double digit sacks.

Any chance we move him back to LB?

There’s a few other of us roaming around...but only if the price is right. 

Sign Clowney or Fowler, move Vic to LBer...